Thread: Still looking

Default Still looking

I've noticed that a lot of guilds tend to do blind invites in game. I've also noticed that if they do ask you they have hardly anyone online or they just recruit whoever they can find and run around not even talking to each other. I was wondering if there is any decent sized guilds out there that are currently active and work together (or at least talk to one another) each day. I find that a guild should not be full of strangers but rather people that take the time to know each other in a way. (not personally but just enough to enjoy the company of having another guild member around). This isn't to say that I'm looking for a big guild. Just was looking for a guild of decent level that has some sort of connection with the other member around and is active each day. (preferably during the afternoon times between 5pm-12am eastern/central time zone)

Vodkam
    Last edited by Sparktart; 02-06-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Community Member

What you ultimately want to achieve exists, just what you are experiencing is what will happen to most that are new to the server and don't know other players already established in the community of that server.

I don't have the time to make a lengthy addition to the topic, so i will end with wishing you well in your journey in finding and/or building the environment you are seeking on the server.

All the best

Community Member

My personal experience is that the kind of guild you're looking for is desirable because of the fact that they rarely invite, and blind invites are out of the question. My advice is to PUG some tough raids and epics on elite, meet some decent players that seem friendly, and keep an eye out for their LFMs in the future. That's really the only way I can imagine you'd get into the kind of guild you're after. Some of my favorite highish level guilds and players I've met in pick up groups are...

Kingdom of Draconis (Dianistria, Screwfly)
    Comrades (Idolesence, Jazmene, Blogburd, Healene)
    The Evocati (Rumblecharge, Raddion)

I'd absolutely recommend any of them, although I don't know if/how they recruit. Good luck to you!
    Kannavit - Pwnzurmom - Boozemumph
    Gravity, Argonnessen

So far that's what I've been doing. Pugging for now until I find something. I've ran with a bunch of great players so far. (some bad ones too) but that's normal lol. Hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for before I hit 20. Only level 8 at the moment and going up pretty fast. So that still gives me time to find a guild. Just thought I'd throw up a post to see if I could get some advice on the matter.
    Last edited by Sparktart; 02-06-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Community Member

There are quite a few guilds out there like that, but on low level it's always a little bit difficult, for several reasons.

First of all, most guilds don't have that many players on low level, either because if someone starts a new toon they level up very quickly and/or because many people can create toons on lvl 7...

Also, I guess, many guilds don't really recruit on low level, as the experience shows that especially low lvl players just stop playing at some point or don't play as much or just don't know much and aren't that good players... there used to be renown decay based on the active accounts in the guild, which kinda required you to be worth your spot in the guild, it got changed lately, but I think it's still the way everyone thinks...

However that doesn't mean that every low level player is like that, but you can't look into ppls head or in the future... ^^

Married with Children (currently lvl 75, mostly people on American time zones, relatively big) is a nice guild too, I guess.
    Usually (as far as I know) recruiting on request after running together with the applicant... (so usually when there are nice people in the pugs that want to join )

Chiming in to say those guilds do exist, but you may find it difficult to locate them until you are higher in level. As Lathanek said, new and low-level players' interest has a higher probability of fizzling out, among other things. (Is decay no longer operating on a formula for 10 accounts, though?)

There's also the issue of you not having epic/raid-ready character available, and not necessarily in the EE BYOH IP Don't Die sense. Even a guild that is more socialization- than achievement-oriented, especially if it is small, might reasonably expect this in order to spend more time in game with you (beyond guild chat). Everyone might have their own TR agenda or altoholics whose levels may or may not intersect with yours at a given moment, but presumably all have a level 20-25 character that can get together for raids/epics on a regular basis. At least for my guild, no matter how much we try to engage them via guild chat, recruits with only lowbies have felt isolated/excluded unless they were able to catch up to us quickly on their own...

My advice would be for you to hang in there and keep pugging/looking - your options will likely get more attractive as you go. Also consider making a more formal introduction in the Guilds subforum. Who are you? What are your toons' names? What will you bring to the table? What is a "decent level" for a guild and why do you feel entitled to it? (I'm sorry, but I find brand new players looking for a high-level guild in, say, Harbor general chat to be a big turnoff. I understand they want a guild that has proven itself to be active/stable, but we expect the same from our members!)

Quote Originally Posted by Naramsin View Post
    Chiming in to say those guilds do exist, but you may find it difficult to locate them until you are higher in level. As Lathanek said, new and low-level players' interest has a higher probability of fizzling out, among other things. (Is decay no longer operating on a formula for 10 accounts, though?)

There's also the issue of you not having epic/raid-ready character available, and not necessarily in the EE BYOH IP Don't Die sense. Even a guild that is more socialization- than achievement-oriented, especially if it is small, might reasonably expect this in order to spend more time in game with you (beyond guild chat). Everyone might have their own TR agenda or altoholics whose levels may or may not intersect with yours at a given moment, but presumably all have a level 20-25 character that can get together for raids/epics on a regular basis. At least for my guild, no matter how much we try to engage them via guild chat, recruits with only lowbies have felt isolated/excluded unless they were able to catch up to us quickly on their own...

My advice would be for you to hang in there and keep pugging/looking - your options will likely get more attractive as you go. Also consider making a more formal introduction in the Guilds subforum. Who are you? What are your toons' names? What will you bring to the table? What is a "decent level" for a guild and why do you feel entitled to it? (I'm sorry, but I find brand new players looking for a high-level guild in, say, Harbor general chat to be a big turnoff. I understand they want a guild that has proven itself to be active/stable, but we expect the same from our members!)
    ^^Well said.
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naramsin View Post

Well said, sir.
    Ereck Stormraven, Leader of the Guardians of the Silver Flame on Argonnessen

(Also, Tristrain Stormraven, Gwydiion Stormraven, Braelyn Stormraven, and Sundadar Stormraven)

Just a note of encouragement in what might be a discouraging string of replies: There are guilds that welcome low level characters and if you keep looking, you will find a good home. Also, accept the fact that the first guild you join may not be the right one for you, and you may end up having to find another. Be patient and be strong.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Thanks the helpful advice all. I've recieved lots of messages also on guilds too. But only can choose one sadly . I only decided to post here for looking for a guild because most the time when players do ask in harbor it's usually not a good way to find a guild and figured I'd take a different approach in finding the right kind of guild for me. Although I'm new to server I've been playing for a while now. (5 years at least). And recently started getting back into this game. Having to farm some gear so raids might be out of the question for now. But will be looking for something that is more leveling friendly and light raiding. (Mainly shroud runs for now as I'm in need of gear) and some expansion questing as they have some good stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathanek View Post
    Married with Children (currently lvl 75, mostly people on American time zones, relatively big) is a nice guild too, I guess.
    I ran with a few people from MWC, so when I was looking to move a couple of my characters from one guild to another to test out the waters, I inquired and bam......I was in a different guild in about 15 minutes.

The best advice, is to never ever ever accept a blind guild invite, and to run the game at end game, and if you find some nice people who you are running with a lot, and who you seem to get along with/keep up with, inquire about joining them, is the way I joined my first guild (even though I was mostly low level running at that point due to altitis) and I am still with them now with some of my characters, while I am in MWC with 2 of my characters.

Good luck.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    The best advice, is to never ever ever accept a blind guild invite
    Nah, always accept. Then check if they have a guild chest before leaving guild.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Nah, always accept. Then check if they have a guild chest before leaving guild.
    Dear people with a full guild chest: totally trust this guy and blind guild invite him into you guild.

thanks,

Very reputable person who knows what he is talking about

Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

For all we know anyone could be a guild chest theif. Besides, I don't think a guild chest theif would be posting on forums about looking for a guild for all to see. But then again I don't know. Also, I didn't expect to gain trust from the start from posting this. More on topic though.. I didn't want a blind invite that's why I posted here to begin with. Aside from that I wouldn't want to just join a guild either not knowing how well I would get along with them first. With all that said, I think I would just level up, see which guild would desire a player such as myself who has experiance in game, and use this posting as advice on which guild would be best to join.
    Last edited by Sparktart; 02-08-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Get connections. #1 tip to getting in the good, high-end guilds. Get connections.

To do this? Run high-end content. Repeatedly. Quality.

People notice those who are good, and those who are bad. The good are noted as such, the bad are ignored as such. The good get connections, the bad get disjunctions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Talking

I have a mule toon that someone blind invited me to their guild. I stay because its not going to affect me at all, but I do check to see if there are goodies in the ship chest from time to time. If they have a problem with that then they should not blind invite people IMO.

I have been all kinds of guild both on this server and other. The kind of guild you are looking for will have a process for joining. Look in the Guild directory, find one that is recuting, and see what they require. A good guild will no blind invite, will have active people on most of the time, be willing to help new people out, and keep that person involed either threw questing or just chating.