Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    So to verify that EVOCATION DC (usually a reflex save, sometimes a fort save) was in the 60s you took a bard in there and fascinated them all (a will save) and you found out that their will save is 64....which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with evocation.
    You ever wonder why about 5 other posts before you didn't pick up on what you thought was a blatant misconception? I have a hard time tolerating you Chai, it really stretches the boundaries of my will to avoid squelching on these forums.

Its my reflex save that is 47. My bard's fascinate DC is randomly between 64 and 83.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    You ever wonder why about 5 other posts before you didn't pick up on what you thought was a blatant misconception? I have a hard time tolerating you Chai, it really stretches the boundaries of my will to avoid squelching on these forums.

Its my reflex save that is 47. My bard's fascinate DC is randomly between 64 and 83.
    Which still has absolutely nothing to do with fascinating mobs proving anything about evocation DCs.

The hard time tolerating me comes from not having a refutation to the observation I just made, and taking it personally. I dont take internet disagreement personal, which is why I have no problem tolerating yourself or anyone else who also refrains from turning short term game discussions into long term personal grievances, even if I disagree with them alot regarding gameplay.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

EE mobs are way too squishy. Rogues, barbarians and sorcerers are easily doing more than 1k DPS, a mob with 6k HP doesn't have time to do anything.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    So to verify that EVOCATION DC (usually a reflex save, sometimes a fort save) was in the 60s you took a bard in there and fascinated them all (a will save) and you found out that their will save is 64....which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with evocation. .
    I think (hope?) that he elided some details about his testing. I assumed he meant "I Fascinated them (so they couldn't hit me or run away) and then tested DCs with Evocation spells". But maybe I'm being naive and you're right

I am curious what people would think would be a "reasonable" Reflex/Fort DC on EE. 60 is pretty tough to get to for a sorc, even using an entire ED's worth of +Cha (which really robs DI of a lot of its power). With 50 Cha, twisted Magister (+3), and the DI buff (+2), I think I'm hovering around 50 on stuff like Heightened Otiluke's Sphere (at work, can't confirm that ATM).

But that may be a convo for another thread. I definitely turn from Shiradi to DI when I want to go full-retard nuker, but there's no doubt that Shiradi is a more well-rounded ED, mostly thanks to Nerve Toxin.
    Last edited by Egeus; 03-01-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: because I'm drifting off topic

Smile

/Sarcasm on

Ranger/AA wants shiradi to be nerf for arcane so they could just simply switch to fury and always be the top dps.

/Sarcasm off

lol

Smile

Here is a simple solver for that problem:

Keep shiradi the same for caster while increase proc chance for ranged toons or let ranged toon apply their spellpower to it. Problem solve. No nerfing and everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Egeus View Post
    I think (hope?) that he elided some details about his testing. I assumed he meant "I Fascinated them (so they couldn't hit me or run away) and then tested DCs with Evocation spells". But maybe I'm being naive and you're right

I am curious what people would think would be a "reasonable" Reflex/Fort DC on EE. 60 is pretty tough to get to for a sorc, even using an entire ED's worth of +Cha (which really robs DI of a lot of its power). With 50 Cha, twisted Magister (+3), and the DI buff (+2), I think I'm hovering around 50 on stuff like Heightened Otiluke's Sphere (at work, can't confirm that ATM).

But that may be a convo for another thread. I definitely turn from Shiradi to DI when I want to go full-retard nuker, but there's no doubt that Shiradi is a more well-rounded ED, mostly thanks to Nerve Toxin.
    The problem is that folks who play DDO have been trained to believe that if its not "no fail", its worthless.

Getting a high save is far easier than it used to be. Its just not going to be "no fail" unless min maxed for it. We also have alot more elemental absorption items than we used to have, and some come with 40-50 resist on it. Improved evasion is now worth its weight, even with a dumped save stat, because half damage + elemental absorption in place = tis but a flesh wound.

With a 50 DC, even if 60 was "save only on nat20", a couple times through a symbol of death, or a curse plus a druid ice spell makes it almost no chance for the mob. Debuffing is back on the menu nowdays.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    EE mobs are way too squishy. Rogues, barbarians and sorcerers are easily doing more than 1k DPS, a mob with 6k HP doesn't have time to do anything.
    Compared to heroic elite, where they have 1600 HP and we do 500+ DPS. I dont see an issue. Inflating HP isnt always, and shouldnt always be, the solution for raising difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Egeus View Post
    I assumed he meant "I Fascinated them (so they couldn't hit me or run away) and then tested DCs with Evocation spells"
    I guarantee just about everyone but you and Chai knew pretty much exactly what happened from my description.

To explain the obvious:
    1) I entered Tor in Epic Elite
    2) I buffed up
    3) I moved to the center circle
    4) Eight giants emerged from the portals
    5) I fascinated them all, with 2 different fascinates that had random DCs (not useful for testing at all)
    6) I tapped one fire giant mage on the shoulder
    7) I proceeded to self-heal while he cast various spells at me, one of which was fireball (that had a DC somewhere between 60 and 64)

I was testing the DCs of the mobs, not my own DCs. I would suggest knowing something about the topic before trying to correct people, especially when those people are likely to rip you a new one.
    Last edited by Raithe; 03-01-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    I guarantee just about everyone but you and Chai new pretty much exactly what happened from my description.

To explain the obvious:
    1) I entered Tor in Epic Elite
    2) I buffed up
    3) I moved to the center circle
    4) Eight giants emerged from the portals
    5) I fascinated them all, with 2 different fascinates that had random DCs (not useful for testing at all)
    6) I tapped one fire giant mage on the shoulder
    7) I proceeded to self-heal while he cast various spells at me, one of which was fireball (that had a DC somewhere between 60 and 64)

I was testing the DCs of the mobs, not my own DCs. I would suggest knowing something about the topic before trying to correct people, especially when those people are likely to rip you a new one.
    How about taking your own advice, and staying ON TOPIC because you know, accusing people of not understanding THE TOPIC when your post isnt even ON TOPIC points to a lack of understanding of what the topic is on the part of the accuser. Probably want to read the OP again, then begin posting things on topic rather than ranting about completely different unrelated issues, and accusing everyone who disagrees of not understanding what you said or being bad at logic. The next time you attempt to turn this into an off topic personal discussion, ima just hit the report button. Ive asked you twice now to refrain.

Youre only ripping yourself a new one here by advocating nerfs of everything youre not in approval or understanding of. No one else is shaking in their pixelated boots because of the fleeting possibility of being "ripped a new one" due to correcting your off topic posting habits, including but not limited to bringing past disagreements into the current thread - a violation of the forum posting guidelines. It will just get modded away if it continues.
    Last edited by Chai; 03-01-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    Here is a simple solver for that problem:

Keep shiradi the same for caster while increase proc chance for ranged toons or let ranged toon apply their spellpower to it. Problem solve. No nerfing and everyone is happy.
    I like this idea. Increased proc rates for pew pew would be great. And the epic moments in Shiradi really are pretty lame. Tea with the queen? Really? Most chars in shiradi dont have a single point into diplo, unless they are sorcs or something. And rain of arrows needs to do a lot more damage as its not even worth spending the 2 AP on. Rain of arrows needs like a tripled proc rate and 2x to all damage, then it might be useful. ATM its only useful if you are smack in the middle of dungeon alert red and can somehow keep yourself alive for 30 seconds.

Community Member

currently rolling a 12wiz/6rgr/2mnk ranged toon on shiradi destiny which totally dumped out spell dc.

in previous life, i had lots of fun with magic missiles triggering lots of effects including 300s sonic, or 500s force damage.
    i supposed that manyshot would add great dps with alot of shiradi procs as well.

but what i found.. shiradi effects triggered by ranged attack are NOT effected by spell power AT ALL?
    all sonic i saw was less than 100, forces 50s.. (occasionally 150s) and all other effects were way inferior than those procced by mm... sadly.

rangers (or artificers) have been only benefitting 20% or less of potential of shiradi ED, compared to casters? is it wai?

shiradi is efficient dps, not brute dps nor instakill

said that, the only ones that need efficient dps are casters, because ranged toons can kite forever and ever while they have enow projectiles...lol
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post

said that, the only ones that need efficient dps are casters, because ranged toons can kite forever and ever while they have enow projectiles...lol
    ???? so caster can not kite? what is your meaning??????????????????????????????

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post

I don't know what this means, but my level 20 shurimonk with rapid wrists at 60% and double rainbow gets holy hits for 500, slay livings, delayed blast fireballs, and all sorts of nonsense. And it goes off frequently enough for me to take out even CR matches effectively. I could do large packs of +2 CR matching without much trouble, if I don't mind kiting endlessly. I would say that the shuricannon build is very very solid. I just wonder what happens if you adrenaline a 10kstars instead of a manyshot. Maybe fotw might be better, but for sure shiradi has proven to be a constant nibbling with occasionally huge bursts of damage. 500dps endlessly doing nothing at all with any special abilities and just raw damage is nice. Tacking on all the cool pin, whistler, and 2xrainbow is just extra sweetness.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234