Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Shiradi Champion - dps Review

Ive used it for quite a while now before switching over to LD and FOTW . Ive tried it on a lvl 25 Ranger and my main monkcher .

The list below will provide my personnel opinion of the tree , What needs to be improved , And what's currently fine as is . I do like the destiny in certain areas and i love the flavor of it i guess .

The innates are ok i guess , Really would like to see some of the % chances increased . Especially on the lower tier abilities !!

Wild shots is junk , No offense to the creator !!

Stay frosty is cool , I would like to see the % to proc increased or raise the proc dmg .

Prism , I take it cause i need it for double rainbow !! I remember stat dmg not being relevant to epic monsters anyway or did this change with u14 ??

Pin , Amazing cc/ dmg enhancer !!

Rainbow is alright maybe a 14% chance would make it more useful .

Otto's whistler , This is the best ability in the entire destiny !

Whirling wrist , Never used it but i imagine it's the best thing possible for a thrower build , Would prob need to be nerfed down if they ever intend to make thrower builds viable .

Stay good , I haven't used it yet do too the fact that the 3rd tier is broken !! But for a 4th level ed stance i would up the dmg if not the % chance .

Double rainbow , Not the greatest dps but i do love the flavor , 7% chance to go off and 1 in 20 % it will do something meaningful = lol Up the % here or see ending statement !!

In the weeds , It's rare you find a ranged char with a to hit problem especially while being in this destiny !!! Suggestion = Make it into a feat that further improves your point blank range .

Track , As a top tier ability , Do we really need another form of attack bonus . Most of us do not have a to hit problem . Maybe this should be further reducing ones fortification instead . What about adding another threat range or maybe 3/6/9 damage from tracking them u should learn a little about them or something . Maybe it would be like you learn there vulnerable areas !!!

Nerve venom , Awesome as it is !!

The epic moment = Rain of arrows = epic fail !! not consistent / buggy / bad dps / can't kill one full hp EE monster during it's duration - even if it landed every second , maybe im off maybe not idk , i rarely see it finishing off 10 % hp left spiders !!

That's it for me . Main suggestion = Up the % chances , maybe throw in a crit range increase , Allow spellpower to affect procs !! Can you give us more in the terms of mainstream dps increase then just the 2 or 3 points from innates

I know they said that would be really hard . But who's job is easy ! I know mine isn't but i spend my hard earned money here !!!

what? no comment for the tea time?

and personally i find that having most of the shiradi things work with magic is silly
    especially nerve venom... >_>

honestly Pin and Whistler are among the best abilities for a ranged build in this ED
    especially if you use whistler to stop them from moving, then use Pin to follow up when whistler is about to run out

definitely would be great to have more things to up the Point Blank shot damage too

healing spring could use some upgrade to hold more uses per rest as well
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    what? no comment for the tea time?

and personally i find that having most of the shiradi things work with magic is silly
    especially nerve venom... >_>

honestly Pin and Whistler are among the best abilities for a ranged build in this ED
    especially if you use whistler to stop them from moving, then use Pin to follow up when whistler is about to run out

definitely would be great to have more things to up the Point Blank shot damage too

healing spring could use some upgrade to hold more uses per rest as well
    Yeah i forgot tea time , the real epic moment !!! The problem is , Is that this destiny doesn't make you feel epic at all lol . The epic moment should be removed and revamped or changed or something !! And theres to many static dmg destinies out there to choose over a Chancer like this .

This whole Destiny is pretty much saying you have a 7% chance of doing moderate dmg !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    Yeah i forgot tea time , the real epic moment !!! The problem is , Is that this destiny doesn't make you feel epic at all lol . The epic moment should be removed and revamped or changed or something !! And theres to many static dmg destinies out there to choose over a Chancer like this .

This whole Destiny is pretty much saying you have a 7% chance of doing moderate dmg !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it's epically funny

the 1/rest thing has gotta go though, just give it a 5 minute cooldown and we're set

and i don't see shiradi as a dps focused ED, i see it as a disabler/status effect ED
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Default Wishes !!

Here's to hoping that with primal avatar they can focus all of shiradi champion on ranged attacks with a update /revamp .

This Destiny is trying to do too much for too many different classes it's making you gimpier too pick it !!!

And why is the so called ranged destiny better on a caster then a ranged char ??

Really take all the druidness out of this destiny , and give them there own personnel sphere !!

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

There are like what, 3 or 4 epic moments that really feel epic.

Here's to hoping that with primal avatar they can focus all of shiradi champion on ranged attacks with a update /revamp .

This Destiny is trying to do too much for too many different classes it's making you gimpier too pick it !!!

And why is the so called ranged destiny better on a caster then a ranged char ??

Really take all the druidness out of this destiny , and give them there own personnel sphere !!
    ha
    i see the avatar ED as a summon master ED
    and i agree, shiradi shouldn't have worked for magic. should have left it for ranged and throwing only

Community Member

it's epically funny

the 1/rest thing has gotta go though, just give it a 5 minute cooldown and we're set

and i don't see shiradi as a dps focused ED, i see it as a disabler/status effect ED
    Your definitely right !! this isn't a ranged dps ed , But here's to hoping they make one . Might as well just make a real 2wf / ranged dpd destiny / or 2 destinies to acquire each separate style .

Theres multiple ed's that do different things for the same playstyle , And then theres ranged , we don't even have our own destiny as a whole we have to share one with guess who ..... casters . lol

Community Member

ha
    i see the avatar ED as a summon master ED
    and i agree, shiradi shouldn't have worked for magic. should have left it for ranged and throwing only
    I think they should double the all of the proc percent chances for thrown weapons with automated tracking of thousand star shurkien builds and a new NPC in the market who runs an in-game betting pool about how many people they could tempt to try....

It would have been nice if:

Stay Good was a passive you purchased like the tier 4 in Fury that grants Cold Iron and Lesser to Evil Outsider Bane.
    -removing the random light damage would be fine since you could run rainbow or prism instead. If there is fear of suddenly making ranged too powerful move it to the next tier but for pete's sake make it a passive!

Prism Stance also did static 1dx per ranged hit in addition to the random effect by ranged or spell.

Rainbow add-on increased the suggested dx per ranged hit and continued the random damage boost.

Double Rainbow added a random debuff that always proc'd and affected any monster in addition to the random spell hilarity.

Another idea is to ditch Stay Good and add it's effects to each tier of the Prism line. (Ideally, change the random light damage to static damage, I'd predict if this was done it'd be paltry for certain).

I do enjoy runnnig Shiradi on my Arcane Archer but most of the 'punch' is from the autogrant's random sonic and force damage (don't lay bets it'll win you fights fast) and the maxed Whistler/Pin are where it's at for certain.

Community Member

Wild shots is junk , No offense to the creator !!
    I disagree with you here. On my force-spec artificer it is like having a second rune arm. 600-700 dmg a hit, with crits for 1.2k. Every 20s!

However, I will believe that those points are much better spent elsewhere on a Moncher

From DDOWiki:

Epic Destinies are independent of the character level and aren't like single classes; they're more like powerful extra roles.

So shiradi is not really "ranger epic destiny" It just another "role" that any classes/races/player could use.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    From DDOWiki:

Epic Destinies are independent of the character level and aren't like single classes; they're more like powerful extra roles.

So shiradi is not really "ranger epic destiny" It just another "role" that any classes/races/player could use.
    Yeah sounds good ! but whats the players perspective , Wheres the other roles for archers ? Well lets just say as of right now this extra character role suxx , And this extra character role thats geared towards ranged / archers needs to have more focus

Smile

Yeah sounds good ! but whats the players perspective , Wheres the other roles for archers ? Well lets just say as of right now this extra character role suxx , And this extra character role thats geared towards ranged / archers needs to have more focus
    A good AA in fury of the wild could burst dps with many shot in 20 second to deal around 30-40k dmg in that short amount of time. A moncher is even better since they can switch between manyshot and 10k star

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    A good AA in fury of the wild could burst dps with many shot in 20 second to deal around 30-40k dmg in that short amount of time. A moncher is even better since they can switch between manyshot and 10k star
    Okay yes the melee geared destinies are better then the ranged destiny i got yah .... A point i was and that has been made already !!

Sad to say what does that Ranger do after his 20 sec manyshot without 10k , Ohh yeah some really suboptimal melee dps , Yeah 10k works good too , i have a 6x tr'd ranger monk now monkcher in fotw !! Shouldn't have to be in a cookicutter for it to be that way , unless the point is that anyone who wants to be a decent ranged ranger should have to BUY the monk class .

Smile

Okay yes the melee geared destinies are better then the ranged destiny i got yah .... A point i was and that has been made already !!

Sad to say what does that Ranger do after his 20 sec manyshot without 10k , Ohh yeah some really suboptimal melee dps , Yeah 10k works good too , i have a 6x tr'd ranger monk now monkcher in fotw !! Shouldn't have to be in a cookicutter for it to be that way , unless the point is that anyone who wants to be a decent ranged ranger should have to BUY the monk class .
    Huh? since when fury is suppose to be the "melee-geared" ED only? Any classes could take it and use that destiny. Even after manyshot, a good AA can still do 250+ dmg per arrow. And I didn't said that to be a good ranger you HAVE to buy monk class. It's like my TR wizzy could stay in fatesinger and use their songs...oh wait...i forgot that it's "bard-geared" ED :P

Back to the point of the post:

It would be wise if we don't increase the proc % of shiradi innate/prism/rainbow/double rainboe, it will just make the "nerf circle" crying about nerf it.

Wild shot is not junk, I could easily hit it for 1k non crit on a caster.

Agree with stay frosty.

Otto and pin are great on ranged toons.

Nerve venom is a good cc ability.

And I agree, rain of arrow kinda suck.

I don't think we should remove shiradi proc for caster, it's really not THAT overpowered, an aa in fury, barb in dreadnought, sorc with good dc in draconic incarnation, etc. could deal about equal or more damage than a shiradi arcane. Nerf it would just remove the fun factor of shiradi and make more people leaving this game (which many already did). If the dev going to nerf shiradi for caster, I think they shouldn't let melee use dreadnought effectively, or let divine use energy burst effectively (yes, a divine could twist energy burst: fire and deal tremendous amount of damage with it.), etc. because they are too "overpowered" to the "nerf it please! My toons are squishy so don't let them be better than me! Circle" You get my points.

Community Member

Default Shiradi is poor for ranged compared to caster

Maxed all ED's and completionist, yeah I know I shouldn't play arti as its very weak compared to melee and sorc.

I like ranged play style so I stick at it, hoping the devs will improve it one day; better yet give arti's their own meaningful ED.

Playing shiradi at the moment but have tried shadow dancer. I prefer shadowdancer but it is incredibly broken for xbow's. IF the game decides you are in the 'reload' graphic and you press an ability, nothing happens except you lose the ability as the cool down timer goes off regardless. It is also really poor in a raid as it is harder to build charges or the abilitys that use shadow charges dont work vs the mobs AND they go away anyway as soon as you rest ... sigh. Having said that, when you CAN accumulate charges its a lot of fun.

Now to shiradi.

Having a past life in wizard and taken the wizard feat, I can use magic missile 10 times per rest. This allows me to see first hand that RANGED attacks that proc, for example Fey Power (the tier 5 auto grant with force damage), DOES NOT use my arti meta's (maximise etc) nor enhancements (arti's take force line for bb etc), while the magic missile from wizzy PL DO use the meta's and enhancements. The damage difference can be 10x more (ie 150 with ranged 1500 with magic missile). I appreciate not everyone has metas, but its ridiculous that casters do MUCH better in the ranged ED than a ranged player does.

I even notice there is a build now (18 sorc+something) that focuses on shiradi due to the over whelming damage it does with AoE's (procs are per damage tick not just once), multi-shot spells like mm etc.

Of course arti's suffer due to it being ranger/druid caster level bonuses and wisdom/dexterity stats's.

The issue with graphic reloads interferes with Pin and Whistler's the same as with shadowdancer abilities. I also find that the cool down is too long to be that useful; its rare to have the luxury of only one opponent at a time.

I find stat damage to be meaningless and should be changed, make it a stun or something useful.

Nerve Venom is by far the best ability, it works well.

Rain yeah lets skip that pos ability, I sure did. Its not only that is so random but the damage is minimal and as noted above it does not gain advantage from my meta's.

Track?! really? for a tier 5 this is WORTHLESS.

Stand and Deliver is fine against a boss but in other play I dont stand still enough for this to be meaningful.

Wild Shots I get about 500 damage on a target. It can be tricky to get more than one, but its possible. Rarely see it crit. Suffers from difference in elevation between you and target, including if you jump; it actually goes sailing over their heads! Cool down makes it a poor ability.

Most other abilities are as others have mentioned, no need for me to repeat.

I would like to see more MEANINGFUL and CERTAIN damage increases like a sorc gets. Random anything does not make for good game play in my opinion.

Lets face it, who doesn't know a sorc that is doing 10k to 20k damage on a regular basis? I certainly play with one and that's the numbers he is getting. He can solo epic elite. Do I want him to be nerfed, no; do I want a better ranged ED where I can be competitive with him? .. YES.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ricky4 View Post
    Maxed all ED's and completionist, yeah I know I shouldn't play arti as its very weak compared to melee and sorc.

I like ranged play style so I stick at it, hoping the devs will improve it one day; better yet give arti's their own meaningful ED.

Playing shiradi at the moment but have tried shadow dancer. I prefer shadowdancer but it is incredibly broken for xbow's. IF the game decides you are in the 'reload' graphic and you press an ability, nothing happens except you lose the ability as the cool down timer goes off regardless. It is also really poor in a raid as it is harder to build charges or the abilitys that use shadow charges dont work vs the mobs AND they go away anyway as soon as you rest ... sigh. Having said that, when you CAN accumulate charges its a lot of fun.

Now to shiradi.

Having a past life in wizard and taken the wizard feat, I can use magic missile 10 times per rest. This allows me to see first hand that RANGED attacks that proc, for example Fey Power (the tier 5 auto grant with force damage), DOES NOT use my arti meta's (maximise etc) nor enhancements (arti's take force line for bb etc), while the magic missile from wizzy PL DO use the meta's and enhancements. The damage difference can be 10x more (ie 150 with ranged 1500 with magic missile). I appreciate not everyone has metas, but its ridiculous that casters do MUCH better in the ranged ED than a ranged player does.

I even notice there is a build now (18 sorc+something) that focuses on shiradi due to the over whelming damage it does with AoE's (procs are per damage tick not just once), multi-shot spells like mm etc.

Of course arti's suffer due to it being ranger/druid caster level bonuses and wisdom/dexterity stats's.

The issue with graphic reloads interferes with Pin and Whistler's the same as with shadowdancer abilities. I also find that the cool down is too long to be that useful; its rare to have the luxury of only one opponent at a time.

I find stat damage to be meaningless and should be changed, make it a stun or something useful.

Nerve Venom is by far the best ability, it works well.

Rain yeah lets skip that pos ability, I sure did. Its not only that is so random but the damage is minimal and as noted above it does not gain advantage from my meta's.

Track?! really? for a tier 5 this is WORTHLESS.

Stand and Deliver is fine against a boss but in other play I dont stand still enough for this to be meaningful.

Wild Shots I get about 500 damage on a target. It can be tricky to get more than one, but its possible. Rarely see it crit. Suffers from difference in elevation between you and target, including if you jump; it actually goes sailing over their heads! Cool down makes it a poor ability.

Most other abilities are as others have mentioned, no need for me to repeat.

I would like to see more MEANINGFUL and CERTAIN damage increases like a sorc gets. Random anything does not make for good game play in my opinion.

Lets face it, who doesn't know a sorc that is doing 10k to 20k damage on a regular basis? I certainly play with one and that's the numbers he is getting. He can solo epic elite. Do I want him to be nerfed, no; do I want a better ranged ED where I can be competitive with him? .. YES.
    I think the dev could make everyone happy with shiradi by making the proc chance for caster spells stay the same while increase the proc chance of ranged/throw attack.

Randomness sometimes is fun, I miss the day of playing wild mage in dnd.

Smile

Audience with the queen is not worthless. With good diplo, in my experience anyway, I often get joy of the queen +300 hp, +10 to all stats and +50% proc, and indulgence of the queen +100% proc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast