Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Shiradi Champion - dps Review

Ive used it for quite a while now before switching over to LD and FOTW . Ive tried it on a lvl 25 Ranger and my main monkcher .

The list below will provide my personnel opinion of the tree , What needs to be improved , And what's currently fine as is . I do like the destiny in certain areas and i love the flavor of it i guess .

The innates are ok i guess , Really would like to see some of the % chances increased . Especially on the lower tier abilities !!

Wild shots is junk , No offense to the creator !!

Stay frosty is cool , I would like to see the % to proc increased or raise the proc dmg .

Prism , I take it cause i need it for double rainbow !! I remember stat dmg not being relevant to epic monsters anyway or did this change with u14 ??

Pin , Amazing cc/ dmg enhancer !!

Rainbow is alright maybe a 14% chance would make it more useful .

Otto's whistler , This is the best ability in the entire destiny !

Whirling wrist , Never used it but i imagine it's the best thing possible for a thrower build , Would prob need to be nerfed down if they ever intend to make thrower builds viable .

Stay good , I haven't used it yet do too the fact that the 3rd tier is broken !! But for a 4th level ed stance i would up the dmg if not the % chance .

Double rainbow , Not the greatest dps but i do love the flavor , 7% chance to go off and 1 in 20 % it will do something meaningful = lol Up the % here or see ending statement !!

In the weeds , It's rare you find a ranged char with a to hit problem especially while being in this destiny !!! Suggestion = Make it into a feat that further improves your point blank range .

Track , As a top tier ability , Do we really need another form of attack bonus . Most of us do not have a to hit problem . Maybe this should be further reducing ones fortification instead . What about adding another threat range or maybe 3/6/9 damage from tracking them u should learn a little about them or something . Maybe it would be like you learn there vulnerable areas !!!

Nerve venom , Awesome as it is !!

The epic moment = Rain of arrows = epic fail !! not consistent / buggy / bad dps / can't kill one full hp EE monster during it's duration - even if it landed every second , maybe im off maybe not idk , i rarely see it finishing off 10 % hp left spiders !!

That's it for me . Main suggestion = Up the % chances , maybe throw in a crit range increase , Allow spellpower to affect procs !! Can you give us more in the terms of mainstream dps increase then just the 2 or 3 points from innates

I know they said that would be really hard . But who's job is easy ! I know mine isn't but i spend my hard earned money here !!!

what? no comment for the tea time?

and personally i find that having most of the shiradi things work with magic is silly
    especially nerve venom... >_>

honestly Pin and Whistler are among the best abilities for a ranged build in this ED
    especially if you use whistler to stop them from moving, then use Pin to follow up when whistler is about to run out

definitely would be great to have more things to up the Point Blank shot damage too

healing spring could use some upgrade to hold more uses per rest as well
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    what? no comment for the tea time?

and personally i find that having most of the shiradi things work with magic is silly
    especially nerve venom... >_>

honestly Pin and Whistler are among the best abilities for a ranged build in this ED
    especially if you use whistler to stop them from moving, then use Pin to follow up when whistler is about to run out

definitely would be great to have more things to up the Point Blank shot damage too

healing spring could use some upgrade to hold more uses per rest as well
    Yeah i forgot tea time , the real epic moment !!! The problem is , Is that this destiny doesn't make you feel epic at all lol . The epic moment should be removed and revamped or changed or something !! And theres to many static dmg destinies out there to choose over a Chancer like this .

This whole Destiny is pretty much saying you have a 7% chance of doing moderate dmg !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    Yeah i forgot tea time , the real epic moment !!! The problem is , Is that this destiny doesn't make you feel epic at all lol . The epic moment should be removed and revamped or changed or something !! And theres to many static dmg destinies out there to choose over a Chancer like this .

This whole Destiny is pretty much saying you have a 7% chance of doing moderate dmg !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it's epically funny

the 1/rest thing has gotta go though, just give it a 5 minute cooldown and we're set

and i don't see shiradi as a dps focused ED, i see it as a disabler/status effect ED
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

it's epically funny

the 1/rest thing has gotta go though, just give it a 5 minute cooldown and we're set

and i don't see shiradi as a dps focused ED, i see it as a disabler/status effect ED
    Your definitely right !! this isn't a ranged dps ed , But here's to hoping they make one . Might as well just make a real 2wf / ranged dpd destiny / or 2 destinies to acquire each separate style .

Theres multiple ed's that do different things for the same playstyle , And then theres ranged , we don't even have our own destiny as a whole we have to share one with guess who ..... casters . lol

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

There are like what, 3 or 4 epic moments that really feel epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Default Wishes !!

Here's to hoping that with primal avatar they can focus all of shiradi champion on ranged attacks with a update /revamp .

This Destiny is trying to do too much for too many different classes it's making you gimpier too pick it !!!

And why is the so called ranged destiny better on a caster then a ranged char ??

Really take all the druidness out of this destiny , and give them there own personnel sphere !!

Here's to hoping that with primal avatar they can focus all of shiradi champion on ranged attacks with a update /revamp .

This Destiny is trying to do too much for too many different classes it's making you gimpier too pick it !!!

And why is the so called ranged destiny better on a caster then a ranged char ??

Really take all the druidness out of this destiny , and give them there own personnel sphere !!
    ha
    i see the avatar ED as a summon master ED
    and i agree, shiradi shouldn't have worked for magic. should have left it for ranged and throwing only

Community Member

ha
    i see the avatar ED as a summon master ED
    and i agree, shiradi shouldn't have worked for magic. should have left it for ranged and throwing only
    I think they should double the all of the proc percent chances for thrown weapons with automated tracking of thousand star shurkien builds and a new NPC in the market who runs an in-game betting pool about how many people they could tempt to try....

From DDOWiki:

Epic Destinies are independent of the character level and aren't like single classes; they're more like powerful extra roles.

So shiradi is not really "ranger epic destiny" It just another "role" that any classes/races/player could use.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    From DDOWiki:

Epic Destinies are independent of the character level and aren't like single classes; they're more like powerful extra roles.

So shiradi is not really "ranger epic destiny" It just another "role" that any classes/races/player could use.
    Yeah sounds good ! but whats the players perspective , Wheres the other roles for archers ? Well lets just say as of right now this extra character role suxx , And this extra character role thats geared towards ranged / archers needs to have more focus

Smile

Yeah sounds good ! but whats the players perspective , Wheres the other roles for archers ? Well lets just say as of right now this extra character role suxx , And this extra character role thats geared towards ranged / archers needs to have more focus
    A good AA in fury of the wild could burst dps with many shot in 20 second to deal around 30-40k dmg in that short amount of time. A moncher is even better since they can switch between manyshot and 10k star

Community Member

A good AA in fury of the wild could burst dps with many shot in 20 second to deal around 30-40k dmg in that short amount of time. A moncher is even better since they can switch between manyshot and 10k star
    Okay yes the melee geared destinies are better then the ranged destiny i got yah .... A point i was and that has been made already !!

Sad to say what does that Ranger do after his 20 sec manyshot without 10k , Ohh yeah some really suboptimal melee dps , Yeah 10k works good too , i have a 6x tr'd ranger monk now monkcher in fotw !! Shouldn't have to be in a cookicutter for it to be that way , unless the point is that anyone who wants to be a decent ranged ranger should have to BUY the monk class .

Community Member

I'm already up to 70k in 10 seconds on mine. Archers are great for their burst damage, it's what they do best.

Here's my Archer in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVXkuDY7dY

Despite how awesome the burst damage is, however, my Rogue Mechanic/Artificer Battle Engineer build does even MORE damage. The difference is that he wins in average damage over time, not in burst. Over a full two minutes of DPSing on a target, like Lolth, for example, he does almost twice as much damage as my archer would, and without having to pop a bunch of cooldowns.

Think of an archer with Fury of the Wild as a ranged sniper, great for dropping bosses or trouble targets.

Think of a ranged toon with Shiradi as a problem solver, able to lock down targets, lay down area crowd control with improved precise shot, and make the entire party better at what it does.

I can solo Epic Elite quests with either toon, it's a question of playstyle and how I can contribute best to a group.

From DDOWiki:

RIGHT - I keep saying this - the ED's were INSPIRED by specific classes - doesn't mean they are solely FOR that character class. Players have jumped to that conclusion. There are some synergies in off-destinies that are counter-intuitive unless you think them through.

My Tempest using the defensive buffs from Magister and Draconic is amazingly resilient. And I second the poster above on wild shots with a force-specced arty.

Broaden your mind - figure out where your character has a weakness - my Tempest's was dmg mitigation - read through the destinies and find one that contributes to that weakness. Maybe try some lithe on for size or boost your damage die, etc.

ED's are NOT solely for the class by which they were inspired.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Because everything is better on a caster than on a ranged character.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Because everything is better on a caster than on a ranged character.
    not quite everything... non-casters still have rage =S

It would have been nice if:

Stay Good was a passive you purchased like the tier 4 in Fury that grants Cold Iron and Lesser to Evil Outsider Bane.
    -removing the random light damage would be fine since you could run rainbow or prism instead. If there is fear of suddenly making ranged too powerful move it to the next tier but for pete's sake make it a passive!

Prism Stance also did static 1dx per ranged hit in addition to the random effect by ranged or spell.

Rainbow add-on increased the suggested dx per ranged hit and continued the random damage boost.

Double Rainbow added a random debuff that always proc'd and affected any monster in addition to the random spell hilarity.

Another idea is to ditch Stay Good and add it's effects to each tier of the Prism line. (Ideally, change the random light damage to static damage, I'd predict if this was done it'd be paltry for certain).

I do enjoy runnnig Shiradi on my Arcane Archer but most of the 'punch' is from the autogrant's random sonic and force damage (don't lay bets it'll win you fights fast) and the maxed Whistler/Pin are where it's at for certain.

Community Member

Wild shots is junk , No offense to the creator !!
    I disagree with you here. On my force-spec artificer it is like having a second rune arm. 600-700 dmg a hit, with crits for 1.2k. Every 20s!

However, I will believe that those points are much better spent elsewhere on a Moncher

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Ahab View Post
    I disagree with you here. On my force-spec artificer it is like having a second rune arm. 600-700 dmg a hit, with crits for 1.2k. Every 20s!

However, I will believe that those points are much better spent elsewhere on a Moncher
    Some Divine Exalted Angels also twist Wild Shots as AoV buffs it as well as the impulse items we slot anyway for Blade Barrier. Same reason the bolder toss is another nice mana free dps boost along with Energy burst to help the rotation and conserve SPs...

On my Artificer I like ShadowDancer as my main destiny for the boosts to rogue skills and free Evasion & other survivability boosts (reflex saves, invis fade, etc) though I like twisting Pin & Whistler from SC...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast