Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Iv'e been a part of thier Forum since it went live i will be checking it out, ive seen many things i like and some that i dont.. But even DDo has things i dont like. http://www.youtube.com/neverwintergame cant hurt too check it out FTP
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

[QUOTE=die;4881166]Iv'e been a part of thier Forum since it went live i will be checking it out, ive seen many things i like and some that i dont.. But even DDo has things i dont like. http://www.youtube.com/neverwintergame cant hurt too check it out FTP

besides DDO is a far cry from what it was when it went live,

and some one brought up elder scrolls online that looooks sweet but i have not seen any real combat or how it will work.

What i dont like about the New nwn online is the combo moves. i think ide rather just have a hot key for my slide back stab or maybe im just getting old lol
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

[QUOTE=die;4881172]
    Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    Iv'e been a part of thier Forum since it went live i will be checking it out, ive seen many things i like and some that i dont.. But even DDo has things i dont like. http://www.youtube.com/neverwintergame cant hurt too check it out FTP

besides DDO is a far cry from what it was when it went live,

and some one brought up elder scrolls online that looooks sweet but i have not seen any real combat or how it will work.

What i dont like about the New nwn online is the combo moves. i think ide rather just have a hot key for my slide back stab or maybe im just getting old lol
    meh, gonna give NWO a shot, if it fails to impress, will move on

as for ESO, not putting my bet on it, don't like what Bethesda has been putting out...
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Was Pathfinder supposed to be 3.5? I would be surprised if it was, but I never looked into it. If I was WotC, I would only grant rights to their new stuff to keep it up front for people, and to keep everyone in the current story.
    It's more like 3.75 and I dont care for it some people around here play it but I would rather play nothing than that.

Personally I prefer the new edition of hackmaster playing it makes me remember playing original dnd back in the 70's besides the people who make it also make the best comic ever.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

I'm skeptical, but I'll check it out.

I liked the combat, even though I doubt it will be that fluid when the servers are under real load. It reminded me of Amalur's combat, which is the 2nd best I've seen, only topped by Witcher 2. If I can actually get away from a mob before it hits without then taking 3 hits base on where I was 1 second ago (yes, ogres, this one's for you), I'll count it as a good sign.

The similarities between the classes don't bother me. Actually, the more I get to know MMOs (even though my only hands-on experience is in DDO), the more I'm convinced MMOs should do away with classes. Every skill/ability/whatever should be available to every "class", and the player would decide what to choose. Something similar to Elder Scrolls/Amalur, where a character can have a bit of everything - stealth, melee, offensive casting and healing. Not only it minimizes the "Healer Problem" (at the expense of much entertaining drama, true ), but it also can minimize the high level caster/melee divide.

The one I should've checked out was GW2, but after my experience with DDO I'm wary of putting any money in an MMO without trying it out first.

However, every time I run through a WA to get to a quest only to get an error message because I forgot to talk to the quest giver; or every time I have to run from vendor to vendor to buy stuff; or every time I have to go up and down those lovely catacomb stairs (now that I unlocked VetII, I hope that'll be forever a memory); every time this happens, I actually wish there was an MMO that wouldn't make a priority out of wasting my time.
    "Peace favor your sword - Shienaran warrior's blessing" (The Eye of the World)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    I was checking out the Neverwinter site to see if I might like the new game. ....

Excellent write-up. From browsing some YouTube vids myself, I concur on your assessment of character "customization".

I went thru a similar experience as I had waited for YEARS for Diablo 3 to be released. But as more & more preview vids hit the net, I realized it was dead to me. Is looking like NWN is going to have the same anti-climatic release as D3 did for some of us.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    ... Is looking like NWN is going to have the same anti-climatic release as D3 did for some of us.
    I've followed the NWO forums and game development since May of 2012. I hoped it would be a replacement for DDO. The more I've watched, the less impressed I've been.

Still, I'm going to check out the gameplay when I get a beta invite, no matter how late in the development process that occurs. Cryptic says everyone who applies for a beta key will get one eventually. I'll have enough time before the game goes live to decide whether to put time into the live version, or stay with DDO as my game.

One thing I've learned over the years of MMO playing - I can only play one game at a time.
    There is no free lunch.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by llyrnionfor View Post
    Actually, the more I get to know MMOs (even though my only hands-on experience is in DDO), the more I'm convinced MMOs should do away with classes. Every skill/ability/whatever should be available to every "class", and the player would decide what to choose.
    Champions Online did a pretty decent job at that, baring the stealth.

From what I've heard from players Alpha testing it, was that combat was very basic.

and that NWN plays more like WOW!

I have no interest in NWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Champions Online did a pretty decent job at that, baring the stealth.
    As a 30 year player of champions(pnp game) the online game reminded me zero of champions. I thank the evil that is owner of hero games for allowing that.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    As a 30 year player of champions(pnp game) the online game reminded me zero of champions. I thank the evil that is owner of hero games for allowing that.
    Yeap. You take everything you knew of the PnP version and... well given what they did, even "throwing it out the window" would have been nice. But it would be breaking forum regulations to state what they did to it.

But as a video game, it really wasn't that bad... AFTER they got rid of Bill and Jack having any influence on the game, and got someone utterly different at the head for it. Damn those two screwed it hard core. When I left, (a few months after PW influences were deff being seen) the game was pretty solid, and I was having a lot of fun there. But talk about nothing to do once you cap out.

There are pros and cons of NWN, and many people whose posts Ive read either focused on one or the other. Stepping back and looking at the big picture, I see alot of people posting on the DDO boards complaining about stuff that doesnt exist here, but exists in NWO. Many of them will be satisfied with that game.

For people who want more advanced character building and roles that are not focused to the class, DDO will be a more satisfying game experience.

For people who want more hard encoded roles for each class, with forced cooperation and character class balancing, NWO will provide the more satisfying game experience.

The 200 dollar founder pack is completely optional. I find it odd that many people who post on these boards that other players shouldnt be concerned with how they spend their money, are nocking a game for having what basically ammounts to a fluff pack for sale. Apparently using drizzt as a marketing tool is bad....actually no its not since those novels were all best sellers. Where is your "dont like it dont buy it" god now?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

A new press release hour long beta game play nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY
    i see some things i like and some i dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Where is your "dont like it dont buy it" god now?
    That one? Same place its always been. At the bank cashing checks. Duh.

The 200 dollar founder pack is completely optional. I find it odd that many people who post on these boards that other players shouldnt be concerned with how they spend their money, are nocking a game for having what basically ammounts to a fluff pack for sale. Apparently using drizzt as a marketing tool is bad....actually no its not since those novels were all best sellers. Where is your "dont like it dont buy it" god now?

Spending $200 on a game sight unseen is =/= to spending $20-$140 on a game one has played for more than a year to several years. Nuanced thinking, it's perfectly acceptable and quite human. What you confuse with hypocrisy is just conflation on your part. One view does not necessarily apply to all situations.

I would be tempted a little more if it was much less than $200. I love crazy bundles but it's a little steep for my palate to plunk down at once. Will you buy me one Chai? kthxbai

Oh and to be fair to the Control Wizard video, it was a lower level wiz, lower level wizzes in DDO are not that much more impressive. Would be hilarious if the Wizard video at low levels for DDO was a wizard with a Carnifex :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Why I like DDO over most stuff out there and upcoming:

Do not want:

You don't want to play a game considered a classic, ok.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    You don't want to play a game considered a classic, ok.
    I played Golden Axe many a times back in the day. But yeah the answer would be no.

The point that was missed and I can't blame you, although a few got it, is that DDO is awesome for it's ability to customize and multi-class, not just hand you a homogenized character. I'm not saying there is no customization in NWO, I'm certain that it does have some, but I was accentuating one of DDO's greatest qualities.\\\

Nice try though.

I think in your haste to point out hypocrisy in others, you've completely missed the point why the optional $200 pack is being lambasted by the posters in this thread.

Regarding NWO: I found the existence of Astral Shards as in game currency interesting. The lead designer in one of the videos mentioned how astral shards would be the only currency players could use to purchase items from the in game auction house. Can these shards be purchased with real money from NWO as they can from DDO?

---- EDIT: why yes they can.

You get 750k astral shards for purchasing the Founder's Pack. Since astral shards are the only way to purchase items in the auction house, how is this not pay-to-win on an equal (or worse) scale than anything Turbine has done?

Here is the add for the pack explaining what you get.
    Last edited by Postumus; 02-08-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Regarding NWO: I found the existence of Astral Shards as in game currency interesting. The lead designer in one of the videos mentioned how astral shards would be the only currency players could use to purchase items from the in game auction house. Can these shards be purchased with real money from NWO as they can from DDO?

---- EDIT: why yes they can.
    And when you run out of that, there is Zen.
    https://billing.perfectworld.com/

Community Member

Default 200 bucks

Its only rude to sell a collectors edition for 200 bucks. From the first day its pay to win (remember all the threads about complaining here when only a single tome is sold in store).

Furthermore the different classes are all the same with different graphics. No cooperative play, where every class has its own task in a quest ...

Regards Bo
    PS.: How the hell can they mess up a good storyline and such a huge development budget in this way ...
    EU player since release, US player since winter 2009.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast