Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Time to bump this again hopefully in U21 more BTC storage

Time to bump this again hopefully in U21 more BTC storage! QMX has alluded they are looking at more options.

Also please figure out so we don't have to spend 5 minutes to 50 minutes or more clearing out TR caches between TR's.

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely please share some internal discussion/feedback, what goals are you trying to accomplish/reasoning etc., or anything at all in regards to storage.

Would be greatly appreciated! :P! ! ! Thanks in advance! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

This is still one of the best quality of life suggestions in the history of the forums and deserves all the attention it can get.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

rememeber if they did do this.. wait till all sizes of bags are out. hate when they pull the large bag..2 months later huge bag c r a p

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

+1 great idea!

As said many time before - Crafting and Random loot should go hand in hand - fix one - fix both-

Crafting boosters and crafting XP boosters will sell better if they keep crafting worth while!

Heck - they can charge TP for a nice bag like this -

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

i like the idea of taking items like ingredients and removing them from the existing inventory system. a new screen with all your ings, collectables and quest items would be most welcome.

for crafting the idea of showing missing ings is good, but for me that is just icing on the cake

breaking the list down by BtA and BtC would be handy. the tabs per type is nice but once again, all i really care about is freeing my inventory up to just store equipment in.

it's a great idea and one i'd invest in per account as with the shared bank. if it came along per character i'd be a bit miffed, i'm already reluctant to expand storage on a per character basis.

i don't know if it could be tiered like the shared bank is, the whole point is removing the arbitrary slot space limit that gets stretched with every new update. maybe if they have to tier it the stack size could be limited.

i dont see ings and collectables as being a valid part of inventory management. i agree that i should be forced to decide what equipment i choose to bring along and store for later use. but all these token items should not be part of that process, so making that problem vanish with a new system like this would make me a very happy bunny.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

/signed (emphatically)

Bump

Because is an awesome idea.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Please consider implementing this or something like this. It just makes so much sense!

Asking nicely/politely/sincerely! It would be an awesome quality of life improvement! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

OP you are a freakin' genious! What an EPIC idea! +1

My crafter has the biggest possible green, red and augment bags that are currently available and everything goes to him eventually. I keep a large green in my shared bank for fruit loops, essences from the IQ, Greensteel and all challenge mats. All festival stuff goes to my challenge farmer (heroic) since it's not used that often and so far this system works very well for me but man having this stash would save me hours and hours of toon hopping.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Perfect!

Community Member

/not signed

Very nice looking, but I think it would end up bogged down in too many tabs, especially with every pack or two adding another set of ingredients. It's also a lot of developer time and as others have said it conflicts with the existing bag system.

Instead, I would like to propose a far simpler means of accomplishing most of this (my approach needs much less new UI code) and probably more useful besides.

1) Organize the ingredients bags like the collectable bags are currently organized.

2) Allow us to name bags.

3) Provide an account feature in the store, "Bag linking". Once you have purchased this all store-bought bags link with same-named & sized bags on all of your toons on the server. Nothing is actually moved, it's just opening all the bags and displaying the compiled contents except for BtC items in toons on other bags. The stacking limit is the sum of the stacking limit of all the bags in the stack (there is a minor exploit here--overfill a bag and then rename it to break the link, it's still overfull. Since one rarely bumps into the stack limit on the big bags anyway I don't think this is important.)

Results:

1) You don't have to put your components in the shared storage, the storage comes with you.

2) Almost no new UI code needed--just the bag naming code.

3) The problem of BtCs not working with the shared system is no longer a problem as all items actually retain the identity of the toon that actually has them. You can just pull them out without being logged into the toon (or even caring which toon has them.)

4) Nobody feels ripped off about having bought bags that have been obsoleted.

I'd definitely buy this.

/signed

I'd buy that for a dollar... or some TPs... actually, lots of TPs.

/signed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567