Community Member

Default Active PL: Bard or Overwhelming Crit

I have a TWF mostly-ranger character using mostly lootgen (mauling) scimitars. I am considering replacing Overwhelming Critical with active past-life bard and twist Reign.

Questions:
    1. Can I use active PL bard songs to fuel Reign?
    2. Will Alchemist's Pendant add another song for a total of 4/rest? (12 mins)
    3. Will Anthem effect regenerate my songs granted by active PL feat?

Math:
    Reign: 22d20 damage on vorpal, avg 231, 11.5 per swing
    25D + 19x11.5 = 27D
    D = 109.25
    I.e. I'd have to deal 109+ base damage for Overwhelming Crit to be better DPS than Reign. Which I don't.

Or should I keep OC and twist something else. Such as Lay Waste (once per minute, worth it?) or AB:Haste. Or is lay waste only twisted along with momentum swing? What do twfs twist these days?

(I have top right section of EDs currently unlocked. must grind more)

Community Member

If you already have the cleaves in the build, go with OC- it's permanent, not timed and you won't have to sacrifice an item slot.

For twists, Sense weakness, Brace for impact and either Tunnel vision or Rejuvenation cocoon could be nice combo.

Question 1 -The active past life is 3 uses of inspire courage (Its own CD and Use per day) , unlike the passive which grants +1 song usage. So the Answer 'should' be no.

Question 2 - Any thing that increases song use per day does not work on the active past life feat.

Quest 3- No.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Wiki says bard past life (free one) gives +1 song/rest. So you can even twist reign now and see if you can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I have a TWF mostly-ranger character using mostly lootgen (mauling) scimitars. I am considering replacing Overwhelming Critical with active past-life bard and twist Reign.

Questions:
    1. Can I use active PL bard songs to fuel Reign?
    2. Will Alchemist's Pendant add another song for a total of 4/rest? (12 mins)
    3. Will Anthem effect regenerate my songs granted by active PL feat?
    As one that has a character with a Bard Past Life - Currently a 23 Artificer...

1. Past Life Active Feat Songs do work with Fatesinger both while in destiny (Like you really need 3 extra songs) as well as twists - Currently using Tier I Twist while working through LD to get to SC.

2. Don't have one so I don't know <- Edit, the answer is a NO

3. Have an Anthem Item in the Bank, I would have to check. <- Edit, the answer is a NO

I have to admit I was excited when I tested the PL songs and had the Fatesinger "Add-Ons" work.

*Edit based on confirming with both items equipped. # of Songs did not increase while resting in tavern. Went out to explorer area, played song and waited while wearing an anthem item and never recovered the song.
    Last edited by Enoach; 02-07-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Confirmation on 2 and 3

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Wiki says bard past life (free one) gives +1 song/rest. So you can even twist reign now and see if you can use it.
    I have tried this. I reset my fate points, twisted Reign, and switched to FotW. My fatesinger song uses were properly removed from me, leaving me with 2 uses (one for passive PL bard, one for Alchemist's Pendant). So far, so good.

Then I did Haverdasher. Used Reign. Completed quest. Exited. 1 use left.
    I did Haverdasher again. Used Reign. Completed quest. Exited. 0 uses left.
    Boo. Waiting in tavern did not help either.

A pity. Finally the passive bard PL could have been useful...

I might try the active PL later.

Thanks for the responses so far.