Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Petition: Don't Nerf Epic Destinies

I've been reading the forums for the last few days, and it had come to my acknowledgement that there are some folks that want epic destinies to be nerf.

In my opinion, i think epic destinies and ddo class balance is in the best shape it could have been in awhile (although dnd and ddo was never balance). So please devs, don't nerf epic destinies just because that some people thought that they're too "overpowered"...which in reality...they're really not THAT "overpowered".

P.S. I do know that u guys going to nerf EiN soon, i think it's a good choice by making WIS-based monk more valuable in group. But, don't nerf any other epic destinies because they're as fine and in the best shape as they could be right now. We just need a little pump to ED like magister, unyieling sentinel, etc.

I think the problem is that the cap has been raised by 5 levels, and toons became much more powerful, but we don't have that much new endgame content. So it all feels too easy.

IMHO we should at least wait and see what epic GH brings before we decide we're too strong (or too weak, cuz there are also people that say the game is too hard, lol).
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    I think the problem is that the cap has been raised by 5 levels, and toons became much more powerful, but we don't have that much new endgame content. So it all feels too easy.

IMHO we should at least wait and see what epic GH brings before we decide we're too strong (or too weak, cuz there are also people that say the game is too hard, lol).
    When I was brand new at the game, leveling my first character, I remember when I began the VON series with a pug. we got to von 3, an hour and a half later we finally conquered the marut at the end. It was such a struggle and being triumphant felt like a real achievement. I remember us taking nearly half an hour to get past the beholders - charging in, getting our butts kicked, retreating and doing everything in our power not to wipe.

I hope the epic GH brings some of that feeling of terror and excitement back into running the GH area on capped toons. GH are still some of the best quests in the game, especially crucible...
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    I hope the epic GH brings some of that feeling of terror and excitement back into running the GH area on capped toons. GH are still some of the best quests in the game, especially crucible...
    Crucible is a quest I love to hate. I'm not going to miss it being a flagging quest, but wouldn't mind if there was some kind of nice loot that would make it a "must-run" quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member

EiN wasn't nerfed, it was fixed.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Care to reference an announcement that states that destinies are getting nerfed? Cuz I aint seen anything in that regard to date.

EiN is only one ability out of a gazillion different options across the destinies.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Care to reference an announcement that states that destinies are getting nerfed? Cuz I aint seen anything in that regard to date.

EiN is only one ability out of a gazillion different options across the destinies.
    I didn't said it was going to be nerf, I only said that I have seen few people around that want ED to be nerf.

ya turbines going to nerf their sole piece of string still clutching to that cliff. If anythings going to be nerfed it's going to be the heroic levels. And by that I mean I can very easily see stones of xp mass marketed at a lower cost as well as any number of things to increase the quickness of hitting epic content.

Because that is where all content and tweaks and attention will be at from now on. Don't believe me? Just have a look and see how much they cared about those half dead events like mabar lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    P.S. I do know that u guys going to nerf EiN soon, i think it's a good choice by making WIS-based monk more valuable in group. But, don't nerf any other epic destinies because they're as fine and in the best shape as they could be right now. We just need a little pump to ED like magister, unyieling sentinel, etc.
    It's okay to nerf EiN to uselessness making an otherwise total garbage destiny pointless, but pump Sentinel which has the ridiculously broken Intolerant Blows... uh... right.

P.S. I do know that u guys going to FIX EiN soon, i think it's a good choice by making WIS-based monk more valuable in group.
    ftfy..

We just need a little pump to ED like magister, unyieling sentinel, etc.
    /Signed

Make wild weapons 10/20/30% please

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    When I was brand new at the game, leveling my first character, I remember when I began the VON series with a pug. we got to von 3, an hour and a half later we finally conquered the marut at the end. It was such a struggle and being triumphant felt like a real achievement. I remember us taking nearly half an hour to get past the beholders - charging in, getting our butts kicked, retreating and doing everything in our power not to wipe.

It was the same thing when I started. But keep in mind that's also one of the reasons why DDO was dying. Having a game that kicks your chin for hours appeals to some and having a constant struggle that soaks up all your free time one night in one quests seems cool, but it will make a majority of the server population move on.

That's how Elite should be. Hard for some. Normal should present some challenges for the worst geared.

Nerfing things just to make everything else challenging is a lazy way of making quests. Plus the reality is that some people complain about what destinies have done to old quests such has Hound - well it's also a level 18 raid. Certainly not WAI but to be expected when people beat it over level.

The game wasnt dying due to difficult quests, it was dying due to no marketing and only putting out one content update in one year, and this after a two year span of putting out 9 new raids between 06 and 08. It was not the fault of hard content, it was the fault of no content.

Part of what people need to understand is that EE is balanced for in favorable destiny toons and EH is balanced for grinding XP in off destinies. This is why theres such a difference between the two difficulties.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The game wasnt dying due to difficult quests, it was dying due to no marketing and only putting out one content update in one year, and this after a two year span of putting out 9 new raids between 06 and 08. It was not the fault of hard content, it was the fault of no content.

Part of what people need to understand is that EE is balanced for in favorable destiny toons and EH is balanced for grinding XP in off destinies. This is why theres such a difference between the two difficulties.
    Dead on for both points.

Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    EiN wasn't nerfed, it was "fixed".
    Fixed that for ya.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

I never thought I'd say this...

Chai, you're......

Right...

Ohgodwhy?!
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Make wild weapons 10/20/30% please
    Wild Weapons should have been left alone, without the bugged damage FoTW is looking really meh for THFers.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

I agree. O.o

I would add that since I began playing I have seen a fairly aggressive development cycle which always surprised me for the age of the game and has kept things fresh and exciting. I think we burn through the content faster than they can create it, understandable, and some content is more noteworthy than others but it's something I hope they continue to do at least for the next few years.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fengxian View Post
    i think the problem is that the cap has been raised by 5 levels, and toons became much more powerful, but we don't have that much new endgame content. So it all feels too easy.

Imho we should at least wait and see what epic gh brings before we decide we're too strong (or too weak, cuz there are also people that say the game is too hard, lol).
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    It's okay to nerf EiN to uselessness making an otherwise total garbage destiny pointless, but pump Sentinel which has the ridiculously broken Intolerant Blows... uh... right.
    How in the world is Intolerant blows broken? It is meant to let tanks help keep up with barbs and fighters who are hitting crits for 10,000 points of damage. Most tanks (who are in sentinel) max out at 300-400 points on a crit. 1000% threat and +1W isn't broken. You can't expect a tank to keep threat unless they got a serious buff in their ability to do so, because they sure didn't get a DPS buff.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast