Thumbs down LAG WINS --- Just wiped CITW because no one was able to move

As title says... we wiped, before the first portal .
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Boo!

Jokes aside, did the hotfix bring more lag? yay...
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

This happens in about 1 out of every 10 CiTWs I run. As you spiral up towards the first portal, lag gets unplayable when you get to the spot with all the archers and the mistress of agony right below the portal entrance.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    This happens in about 1 out of every 10 CiTWs I run. As you spiral up towards the first portal, lag gets unplayable when you get to the spot with all the archers and the mistress of agony right below the portal entrance.
    Same here. I saw it happen twice. Do we have a /loc to submit a bug report?
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Default Devs are aware

I hear the Devs are aware of this issue already and are planning a fix for it soon: Next update they're renaming the quest to "Lagged in the Web" so that the lag players are experiencing becomes WAI... <_<

Soaked/Soaking/Zecks/Zeckshealer - Cannith
    Soaked's build

Yup, though only 3/~40 for me so far. If it hits just start over even if you live through the spike; I'll be back.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Yeap. question. Did you kill on your way up or just ignore and run past everything? The lag that I've faced there seemed to be related to too many mobs active at once.

After killing of a group of mobs, lag got more managable. (I blew an EIN early on a decent sized group of mobs. Wanted to save it for the orb fight, but it was blow early or lose everything.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Finch_Bloomwhiffler View Post
    Ah, Caught in the Lag...

While this lag could be due to too many mobs at once, no actions have been possible while I've experienced it. It was exactly like DCing from the game, except the DC never happened. Killing mobs wasn't an option for me when the lag is that down and dirty.

I feel like the winding path leading up to the first portal is the most common location I've experienced this 'feature' of CitL, but I wouldn't say I had a significant number of mobs on screen compared to the Portal Keeper portion of the raid or the initial Lolth encounter, both segments where I haven't experienced a crippling lag problem.
    Did just experience the group-wide crippling lag on the initial Lolth encounter last night, just at the bit where she spawns her legs. So not so many critters active. No idea why it would have struck.

That being said, this was try #2 for the night. On try #1 we got to the multi-drider/mistress encounter before lag finished us off. Having everyone restart clients didn't seem to work. Leaving the group/instance, on the other hand, did.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Build a new 'puter worthy of simulating 100k nuclear strikes per second vs North Korea and all players should happy happy rice take out General Tso's Chikken! Spicy Chikken fo Uu!

Community Member

The spider lady added time stop to her spell list?

Community Member

Stun lag is great. Since you cant run around a croner you might actually get a heal.

Think positive.
    Pyreal af Templar

When going in, check if you're in i2049 or i2050. 90% of the time I get game-halting lag, it's in either of those instances.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!