Default Kinetic lore and Blade Barrier

So, do anyone know for certain if items with kinetic lore works with Blade Barrier chance to crit?
    Thanks in advance!

Kinetic Lore does NOT work on Blade Barrier.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

It's weird and kinda annoying, but: Force class enhs will boost physical dmg spells inc. Blade Barrier; but Kinetic Lore still only affects Force spells like Magic Missile. For spells like BB & Disintegrate, only Potency / Arcane Lore items help.

Thanks mates, that was fast
    Arakain, from Devourer, currently on Thelanis or Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Kinetic Lore does NOT work on Blade Barrier.
    Are you sure FVS don't get any crit multipliers for BB and I have no Arcane lore on my FVS and crit all the time with superior kinetic lore in hand? How am I critting without arcane lore and no crit enhancements unless something is affecting it that I don't know of.

P.S.

will test again but without kinetic lore seeing no crits just may have been my luck who knows.
    Last edited by Bilger; 02-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Question

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It's weird and kinda annoying, but: Force class enhs will boost physical dmg spells inc. Blade Barrier; but Kinetic Lore still only affects Force spells like Magic Missile. For spells like BB & Disintegrate, only Potency / Arcane Lore items help.
    Are you certain? I thought for sure that Artificers would pack plenty of Impulse for additional Force Spell Power. I guess I could easily be wrong. Though, I want to say that I thought that it did make a difference in my cleric's Blade Barriers. I will admit that I have not tested carefully.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

I have tested various Kinetic Lore items on my cleric and have seen no difference in Damage output on crits. Wearing Blue Dragonscale(9% +.25 multiplier) I saw no difference in damage numbers when I had Superior Kinetic Lore active.(+.50 Multiplier)

Maybe Angel of Vengeance has some crit percentage in it we weren't told about? I'll do some checking on my FvS
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Impulse effects blade barrier, but kinetic lore does not. For lore you need either arcane lore (which tops out at Major) or Superior Laceration Lore from alchemical crafting.

Unfortunately somebody edited the alchemical crafting wiki page to replace laceration lore with kinetic lore to reduce confusion, so you won't see laceration lore on the wiki pages. I'd set it back, but never having done any alchemical crafting I'm not really in a position of authority.

Jumped onmy FvS for a bit. Results were the same as I found on my Clerics.

No lore items at all. Did not observe any crits.

Major Kinetic Lore item Equipped No Crits Observed.

Noxious Embers equipped. Observed crits at a rate of ~1 out of 10 hits or so.

Tested out in Meridia slayer area, All metas off, no potency item in order to get the most hits per cast.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Community Member

Not trying to sidetrack, since I think we are asking about Crit chances. But Impulse items and Force enhancements DO boost Blade Barrier damage, correct? Right now My Arti is at 172 Force spellpower (which says it is for untyped damage also). He also Has Empower and Maximize on Blade Barrier. That Force Spellpower is boosting it's damage, correct? And I believe it also boosts Tact Detonation and Lucid Dreams' damage. Is that right?

Thanks.

yes. Impulse spellpower was adjusted to include "untyped" damage.

untyped was left out of Kinetic Lore for some reason.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Jumped onmy FvS for a bit. Results were the same as I found on my Clerics.

No lore items at all. Did not observe any crits.

Major Kinetic Lore item Equipped No Crits Observed.

Noxious Embers equipped. Observed crits at a rate of ~1 out of 10 hits or so.

Tested out in Meridia slayer area, All metas off, no potency item in order to get the most hits per cast.
    Yea did the same and tested in RB and house of undead did 1 with sup kin and 1 with a ornamental dagger(only arcane lore had). No crits with kin plenty with ornamental. No idea why impulse would work and kin not, but that is Turbine for you.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn