Community Member

Default What is the best way to solo farm Epic Dungeon Tokens for a non-tred ftr1/clr19 ?

Hello.

The subject tells it all - what is the best way to farm them solo? I'm premium player with some adventure packs - got pharlain festival, Vale, Devils, Gianthold. Wants to TR in perspective, while getting some favor/exp for epic destinies.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

if you have a good solid BB and good skill at keeping yourself alive while coercing mobs to run thru said BB and/or solid melee skills... the absolute fastest way to farm tokens is to run an eNorm Devil's Assault solo. put up an LFM when you are fighting the end boss saying "free DA chests, tokens/fragments appreciated" (avoid saying 'reserved'. its tempting, you did all the work, afterall, but it ticks off some people. there's plenty of threads about it. people are more amenable if you seem more flexible). tell any guildies/channels the same thing. ask anyone who joins to wait to step in... the boss gets harder when people enter and scale up the quest. right before the boss dies, tell them to step in.

if you (and they) are lucky, from a full group you can get 10-12 tokens in a single run.

its a bit of a challenge tho if you aren't ready for it.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Fastest way is house c challenges.
    And you have only 1 epic pack phiarlan carnival or 2 if devils is devil assault and not devils of shavarath.
    Phiarlan ones are easy,but much slower than challenge.

I usually farm the House C epic challenges. Usually the 5min Lava cave one.

If you don't have House C challenge pack, any of the easier Epic quests for fragments are the way to go. Bargain of Blood being one of the easiest and the quickest.

You can also get tokens from the Spinner of Shadows chain (f2p) but I really wouldnt solo, its alot faster in a group. You can get 2 tokens per Servents of the overlords runs.

TR or not isn't the deal, it's about gear and knowing what the character can do.

I usually solo eDA on normal or hard, then open for others at end - sometimes folks pass tokens just to be nice, without asking. I mean, they are getting like 4 free chests and unlike some quests, it's right in the frickin' market so easy to get to.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I'll have to agree on the Challenges suggestion, lava caves. Keeping your toon at 20, enter on 25, drop down below and if enough purps then drop a few torches and you're done in 3 minutes, if no good purps then reset/repeat. Guaranteed drops via token exchange. The rate was nerfed a bit awhile back, but still decent.

The DA method is good but then you have to mess with two unknowns in the form of people giving you their tokens willingly and/or player drama, and tokens possibly not dropping at all. Worse, DA is a timed quest (albeit hidden from the player) where you wind up sitting there twiddling your thumbs, waiting for mobs to spawn in their 'waves'. You could have run 5 challenges by then, or more up to 10 if you were quick about it.

Verdict is challenge lava caves over DA any day.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrite View Post
    Verdict is challenge lava caves over DA any day.
    If you are looking only at tokens/hour, yes. Epic challenge runs on Time is Money or Labor Shortage are the fastest way to farm tokens.

However that might be just me, but I can't stay farming the same spot over and over and over and over and... After a few runs, I just get bored and search something else to do. eDA, while longer, "feels" like a quest. Also, you are getting more XP too, if you are not on a capped ED.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

With the packs the OP is limited too, and making a few other assumptions, I'd do EN lords of dust till ransack (a cleric tears that place apart), and then EN snitch till ransack (because it's trap-free).

LoD should get you ~4 tokens per ransack.
    No idea for Snitch. I'd guess ~3.

So it'll take 3-4 weeks assuming you're vigilant.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Here's another option - just grind the whole House P chain (or at least Snitch Party Big Top).....grind it until you get your eAGA done - by that time you will have enough tokens to TR unless you are really luck on pulls. Seal from Snitch, Shard from Big Top - scroll from any of them.

The fastest of the three is Snitch - under 10min but Big Top can be done in less than 15 soloing. (Both eN time frames). I would actually recommend Big Top on eHard to improve the drop rates for the shard and other than the trapped wheels it's not that much harder. So try it once - if you die due to traps...you will learn....but Prot Elements and resists should be enough.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Two methods
    1) Lava Caves: Time is Money - stay level 20, do it at CR25, almost guaranteed token each 5min completion (fastest but painful to grind)
    2) Run epic quests for loot/shards/seals and you will be surprised how quickly they add up (slow but less painful)

I switch it up. Run Lava Caves for a few runs, take a break with quests for a while, rinse repeat. It helps with the monotony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    With the packs the OP is limited too, and making a few other assumptions, I'd do EN lords of dust till ransack (a cleric tears that place apart), and then EN snitch till ransack (because it's trap-free).

LoD should get you ~4 tokens per ransack.
    No idea for Snitch. I'd guess ~3.

So it'll take 3-4 weeks assuming you're vigilant.
    Snitch ranges from 30ish to 50ish per run. So ransack would be around 3.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

DA also has a very good drop rate on shroud ingredients and shavarath boot mats.

There's also the increased chance at metalized handwraps, and the very very very low (but still existent) chance of getting a yellow dopant, or a demon/devil's ruin augment.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

wow, great advice
    i run devils assualt, snitch and epic time is money, all are great for tokens.

start with EDA for the extra mats as stated earlier, then ransack snitch, finish off with time is money ( i dont own the pack, saved free tokens from heroic lvls for epic)

If you run and the argo server, I can run with you and pass my tokens to you, I do it all the time.

Enjoy the game
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Community Member

Run all the content you have that drops them and see for yourself what would be easiest. All this trial and error just gives you something to do during ransack timers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    DA also has a very good drop rate on shroud ingredients and shavarath boot mats.

There's also the increased chance at metalized handwraps, and the very very very low (but still existent) chance of getting a yellow dopant, or a demon/devil's ruin augment.
    Um, the chance for augments are not low anymore. My last 6 runs on E/normal have gotten me 2 devil ruins, a demon ruin, a xoriat ruin and an aligned planes. So 5 out of 6 runs have dropped an augment. Probably gearing up for the augment update.

Community Member

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the advices. Finally got to 20 today, run A Snitch several times - everything went perfectly. Of course it takes 20-25 mins for me as this is my first character and I got almost no good gear Will try other recommended options soon, perhaps will buy Sentinels too.

Um, the chance for augments are not low anymore. My last 6 runs on E/normal have gotten me 2 devil ruins, a demon ruin, a xoriat ruin and an aligned planes. So 5 out of 6 runs have dropped an augment. Probably gearing up for the augment update.
    And I've recently run it about 20 times with a second account chest looter, and have gotten 1 devil and 1 demon ruin out of 40 pulls. That's it.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.