Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Fury of the wild vs. Lengend Dread and both

2hdr Eaga clr17/wiz1/ftr2 half orc. gcleave. Ithf.

How should I mix/twist those epic destinies. Many go fotw and twist ld stuff. I dont have high twist.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 02-04-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Title spelling
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Ok, Fury of the Wild should be your main ED. Adrenaline is that good.

You should also absolutely have Stunning Blow as a feat because another ED power of FotW, Sense Weakness, works sensationally well on stunned mobs. Therefore, you should absolutely twist in Legendary Tactics from Legendary Dreadnought.

I hope you took a race that gives you racial enhancements to tactics as well - Dwarf or WF.

If you're soloing/shortmanning, LD is stronger due to Master's Blitz (as long as you keep it up, it is extraordinarily powerful). In a larger group, you're better with FotW, as Arkat indicated.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    If you're soloing/shortmanning, LD is stronger due to Master's Blitz (as long as you keep it up, it is extraordinarily powerful). In a larger group, you're better with FotW, as Arkat indicated.
    Are you sure? I ask because while adrenal rush is a near crit on demand, you can get much higher crits with Dred depending on your weapon.

Something I've been debaiting back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Are you sure? I ask because while adrenal rush is a near crit on demand, you can get much higher crits with Dred depending on your weapon.

Something I've been debaiting back and forth.
    Dread gives higher damage *if* you're in blitz, but in a group, you will most probably not be able to maintain it, so it becomes better to go fury.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Quote Originally Posted by Feithlin View Post
    Dread gives higher damage *if* you're in blitz, but in a group, you will most probably not be able to maintain it, so it becomes better to go fury.
    Actually my crits in Dred, non blitz, were higher than what I could do in fury. On a good night, even non blitz, that would mean I could outdo myself in fury.

Actually my crits in Dred, non blitz, were higher than what I could do in fury. On a good night, even non blitz, that would mean I could outdo myself in fury.
    Did you factor in Adrenaline, Tunnel Vision, and Sense Weakness, though?

In addition, having Unbridled Fury to unleash on a boss is a large boost if you wouldn't otherwise be blitzing.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Good furies will be better than average dreadnoughts, and it is easy to be a good fury

Dreadnought adds up to more damage and has better rewards for skillful play.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Sorry I read "Furry" in the thread title and came in for something else....

... carry on.
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Community Member

Oops. Corrected.

So for my build
    How would u build a destiny tree. I need 1 str and 1 con is all to start.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tunnel Vision only works when raged, so how is that useful for classes that have no rage ability. Are you saying its worth investing 3 points just so you can get that extra 3d8 on Adrenaline hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Reos View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tunnel Vision only works when raged, so how is that useful for classes that have no rage ability. Are you saying its worth investing 3 points just so you can get that extra 3d8 on Adrenaline hits?
    That's ANY type of rage, including primal scream or rage pots.

In addition, having Unbridled Fury to unleash on a boss is a large boost if you wouldn't otherwise be blitzing.
    Yeap. Using a great axe (I don't have Overwhelming Critical because I've been too scared to attempt a LR) I can crit for much more in dred than I can in Fury. Such to the point those crits easily make up for not having Adrenal and Tunnel. Sense Weakness is a given regardless. I twist it in.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

The reason is simple:
    devastating critical, headman's chop and critical damage.

When in fury, your axes got X4 multiper, when in drednot its X6 (if you got overwhelming critical feat), add seeker 6 stacking with everything on top, and here's the explanation.

That's ANY type of rage, including primal scream or rage pots.
    Aha... Nice! Now I feel silly for not taking it sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    The reason is simple:

When in fury, your axes got X4 multiper, when in drednot its X6 (if you got overwhelming critical feat), add seeker 6 stacking with everything on top, and here's the explanation.
    Pretty much. Which is why I debate which is really better. I think the only really difference is that Blitz is great for suriving through a quest, but Fury may have a better boss beater as it seems that fort doesn't block a Adrenal rush.

Pretty much. Which is why I debate which is really better. I think the only really difference is that Blitz is great for suriving through a quest, but Fury may have a better boss beater as it seems that fort doesn't block a Adrenal rush.
    I agree, I dont think theres any way to maintain Master's Blitz all through a boss fight, unless you go after adds, but the adds would have to be spawning fairly quickly, and thats just less dps going towards the boss.

Unbridled Fury, on the other hand, is guarantied massive damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    The reason is simple:

I assume you're talking about non-adrenaline crits? Because an adrenaline crit would be x4x5 for a total of x20, which will vastly outdo any LD crits when not blitzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inouk View Post
    I assume you're talking about non-adrenaline crits? Because an adrenaline crit would be x4x5 for a total of x20, which will vastly outdo any LD crits when not blitzing.
    adrenaline just add 400% damage after the crit range espanses. that means it's 400% of the base damage after the crit multipliers and the various effects are added.
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Masters blitz gives 50% dodge. That is nice for a boss fight, even if its only for 15 secs. If ppl stagger their blitz then thats alot of agro management on the boss.
    Flufty, Flufs, Fluffi, Fluffit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast