Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pathetic Scammer

Looking for a ship with an Altar of Dev, but not feeling like Shrouding, I hit Gen chat with a polite "please, if you have a ship invite, I'd appreciate it" note. No, I didn't junk up the LFMs. Some guy sends me a tell saying okay, for 10Kpp. I reply "No, thanks". Without going into the politics of it here, whatever... He/she/it replies via Tell asking for 1Kpp. Screw it, fine. The model citizen asks to meet at the entrance to the airship tower in Mkt1. Fine. It opens a trade window, and I am looking at the fact he has no Guild... I ask it which guild ship I am being invited to... "Oh, let me get my other toon, he's in Rouge [sic] Force."

Creative. Sad. Almost always on the weekends...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

lol

I'm not saying you diserve it in anyways. No one diserves to be scammed but,

What did you realy think was gona happen if you took even 10 secs to think about what was wrong with giving pp to an unguilded toon for a ship invite to craft on?

And paying 10kpp is a very low price to pay someone that is willing to take the time out of there day to help you out.

1. it shows you appriciate the help.
    2. it shows that you are just not here to use other people for nothing more then to get access to there hard earned guild ships they payed alot to get.
    3. it shows that you dont think other people owe it to you and that you are entitled to it.

So i guess what im saying is that hey it sucks that you got scammed but I dont realy feel sorry for you.

Um, yeah... I didn't give him a single pp... Didn't actually get scammed...

So I ran a quest and took an invite later. I don't think I'm "entitled" to anything... It is just a convenience. The same way I will stop to teach newer players from time to time (almost daily).

I think you really misread this, or I wasn't clear...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

I'm mostly surprised that someone is willing to scam someone for 1k. But I guess people have done worse for less...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

If I'm not otherwise busy I share the tier I and III altars.

You know, paying it forward or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    If I'm not otherwise busy I share the tier I and III altars.

You know, paying it forward or whatever.
    +1. Agreed. I'm in a guild of RL friends and have slowly inched up to 63. I often heal raids and epic content with DDO friends in other guilds, and never ask for, and almost never take, Mnem Pots or pp for scrolls. It all comes back around...

The problem with paying it forward means you expect something in return from some one else in the future.

I help out with an invite if I'm not already in a full group.

Regardless of some opinions here, there is no downside to doing so.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Sole member of Guinness Knights (Level 107)

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    The problem with paying it forward means you expect something in return from some one else in the future.
    Only if someone has a negative, petty and bitter outlook... Personally, I like to pay things forward AFTER, or without consideration for, receiving something.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default sorry

That is Pretty Pathetic! There are some very sad people out there. I hope someone else helped you out.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    That is Pretty Pathetic! There are some very sad people out there. I hope someone else helped you out.
    I got it done after the next quest. I had been meaning to craft some ConcOps for my PM. I really wasn't upset. I just thought the scam attempt was especially sad...

Wow...first drama thread in a while...

/savor

Anyway, that's the first I've heard of renting out airship shroud altars for plat, at least on Thelanis. As if joining a group for all of 30 seconds and hitting one invite button equals a 10k plat inconvenience fee. Mmmm...capitalism...

That's pretty low, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Squelch and move on.
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cryohazard View Post
    Wow...first drama thread in a while...

/savor

Anyway, that's the first I've heard of renting out airship shroud altars for plat, at least on Thelanis. As if joining a group for all of 30 seconds and hitting one invite button equals a 10k plat inconvenience fee. Mmmm...capitalism...

That's pretty low, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Squelch and move on.
    I offered 200k plat once and items a couple times when noone I knew was on and I wanted to make something. It's funny who has accepted and how quickly I got tells.

Wait, people ask for money for that? I didn't know. I'm in a large guild, so there is usually someone on ship, so I don't need to go to ship portal to invite. I just join their LFM (who needs altars), invite them, and leave the party. Sometimes it takes only 10 secs.
    English is not my native language, so please excuse my mistakes.
    Thelanis: Fossette (Your DC'ing raid cleric), Ampora (party's gimp CC bard), Eridana (worst Paladin tank in your party), Laeressa ("kill before you get killed" Barbarian), Dualscar (uncharismatic WF sorcerer)

Scamming someone for 10k plat is kinda weasely...

Scamming someone for 50 Copper Pieces...that is just plain awesome.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

I do not think he was the guild leader or officer. He was not probably representing his guild in any way. He could be a a guild member of 1 hour.

A self-respecting player shouldnt ask plat for ship invites. On the other hand if it was asked on the trade channel ,then you got what you asked for, a trade

Feel free to hit me up for guild ship invites any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Community Member

I am a member of said guild. Banable offense. Please send name of toon to me in a mail and PvP lesson will ensue, followed by public embarresment, followed by guild ban. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger7 View Post
    I am a member of said guild. Banable offense. Please send name of toon to me in a mail and PvP lesson will ensue, followed by public embarresment, followed by guild ban. Have a nice day.
    Thanks for the follow up. I doubt he was actually in RF. Sent a longer TY PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast