Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Cannith Crafting XP Question

I made a few adjustments to the post after making a few realizations from various commenters in the forum, thank you all!

A few weeks ago I made two dozen or so melee alacrity shards which brought the xp attainable down to zero. I realized that after two weeks of not crafting, I went back to craft, and low and behold the melee alacrity shard showed that it would give me xp!

One thing that I didn't mention between starting the post and making comments is that I used my free lesser reincarnation about two days ago. Before I retired for the night, I went to the crafting hall to see what I could craft, and I remember seeing that I could get full xp (relative to other shards at the level I was at) for melee alacrity.

So now my question is, if there isn't a mechanism such as xp/time restoration for shards (likely not plausible anymore), then is it possible that shards reset with all forms of reincarnation? I know that it works with true reincarnations, and I have used my free lesser reincarnation already.

I'm not able to use any form of reincarnation for about a week, and I don't plan on using a true reincarnation any time soon. I do have a need to use a greater reincarnation shard if at some point I can get my hands on one. I'll revisit this between now and then, but if anyone here knows that LR, GR, and TR Hearts reset crafting levels, let me know.

Thanks!
    Last edited by aeroplanefly; 02-03-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by aeroplanefly View Post
    A few weeks ago I made two dozen or so melee alacrity shards which brought the xp attainable down to zero. I realized that after two weeks of not crafting, I went back to craft, and low and behold the melee alacrity shard showed that it would give me xp!

So my question is, what is the amount of time I would have to wait to get the most XP back from the shard. I'd love to test this, and I think I have a plan once I hit crafting level.
    Crafting xp decay only resets if you TR. There are three different versions of melee alacrity bound, unbound and flexible my guess is you used up your xp on the bound version and are seeing one of the other two.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Crafting xp decay only resets if you TR. There are three different versions of melee alacrity bound, unbound and flexible my guess is you used up your xp on the bound version and are seeing one of the other two.
    I'm not able to make unbound or flexible shards at the moment. It's possible that I overlooked the amount of xp that was left but I'm pretty sure I brought it all the way down to zero.

I'm not able to make unbound or flexible shards at the moment. It's possible that I overlooked the amount of xp that was left but I'm pretty sure I brought it all the way down to zero.
    I'm unaware of any mechanic that passively restores crafting xp over time. Sure would be nice, though, so definitely try to verify.

In the meantime, did your build change? Maybe you lost some dragonmarks or artie levels lowering your bonus crafting levels and that restored some xp available?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'm unaware of any mechanic that passively restores crafting xp over time. Sure would be nice, though, so definitely try to verify.

In the meantime, did your build change? Maybe you lost some dragonmarks or artie levels lowering your bonus crafting levels and that restored some xp available?
    I started crafting on my ranger exploiter and I'm still in the same 28 point build life. No dragonmark of making or artificer levels, although I did do a lesser reincarnation, and I'm not sure if that counts.

Now that you mention it, I might have to find out if it happened due to the lesser reincarnation I did a few days back. It seems to be a possibility. I'm locked out of reincarnating for a week or so but will still need to use a greater heart as soon as I come across one. That might give me a reason to use a greater heart (aside from upgrading my build to 32 points)

Thanks!
    Last edited by aeroplanefly; 02-03-2013 at 12:41 AM.

So now my question is, if there isn't a mechanism such as xp/time restoration for shards [...] is it possible that shards reset with all forms of reincarnation?
    This sounds like a reasonable deduction.

If that's the case, that's a mechanic I heartily approve of, both for players and for turbine. Once you get crafting levels in the 140s, getting to the actual cap of 150 can be problematic. (Admittedly not really necessary, either.) Being able to do a LR instead of the entire TR process would be a nice way to help those in the 140s while also providing incentive for microtransactions.