Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Drinking the One-Eared Bugbear out of ale.

Default A Challenge - Elite Enter The Kobold

For those of you brave/stupid enough to accept it
    At level : 0 deaths, 0 pots, and shortmanned by 3 or less people.
    I figure if people are running EE endgame content with these kind of parties, perhaps some of you can run ETK like this. If not, then it proves how utterly [messed up] this quest can get.
    Screenshots valued higher than anecdotes.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 02-02-2013 at 10:53 PM. Reason: acronym for profanity

Community Member

All you need is 1 person with a good reflex save or any arcane with ooze puppet and then you win.

ok, post a screenshot then

2016 DDO Players Council

I soloed it last night on a level 18 water savant with no evasion and no ooze puppet and 2 pots. Quest is 19 on elite. 3 deaths, ok so not true solo....hire to pull the lever to get to shrine.

So not exactly your challenge but with two less ppl and under level Ithought I'd show it is doable.

I do run it with 2 -3 ppl most lives under level and only occasionally do we have a death.

You just have to take the. Kobold down fast enough to stop the living firestorms, living delayed blast fireballs and living meteor storms from spawning. At that point the quest is pretty much over.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

How about 6 man group. 1 caster with ooze puppet, 1 paladin (me), healer in the doorway, 1 at lever and 2 soulstones Did this 3 lives ago. I solo healed myself.

2 lives ago, 1 monk (me), healer in doorway, 1 at lever and 3 soulstones. Received some heals when healer was alive. It was exhilarating while being bombarded by fire eles and living spells.

Sorry, no screenie

Community Member

People make this much harder on themselves then it needs to be.

Last week on elite we had the rogue run in the room grabbing all the aggro and then he ran in a circle at the bottom, only popping out of there to smack the living spells when they spawned and continue running (barely took any damage the divine hit him with a couple small top offs safely at the top of the ramp). The rest of us rushed the kobald at the top of the ramp beat him down, key note without any A.O.E. spells/effects, no friggin' intimidates etc, then I threw a d.o.t. on the djinn which came up the ramp and we beat him down looted and ddoor'ed out.

No pots, barely any healing at all. No one on the lever, and FFS stay out of the #$%^$%^ tunnel the bosses will white out and you get to start over.

P.S.A. - And Knowledge Is Power !!!
    Last edited by jandhaer; 02-02-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stretchcore View Post
    I figure if people are running EE endgame content with these kind of parties, perhaps some of you can run ETK like this. If not, then it proves how utterly FUBAR'ed this quest can get.
    Had a flawless run with 2 paladins and a monk a while back, didn't think it was special enough to warrant a screenshot.

As other people have said, the key was having someone grab aggro of the nasties and keep them moving. In this case it was the monk, while the paladins beat on the bosses. If the monk failed some saves and took some damage, we would throw a Lay on Hands his way. Also helpful was being able to UMD a Fire Shield scroll to soak some of the incedental AoE damage.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    People make this much harder on themselves then it needs to be.

Last week on elite we had the rogue run in the room grabbing all the aggro and then he ran in a circle at the bottom, only popping out of there to smack the living spells when they spawned and continue running (barely took any damage the divine hit him with a couple small top offs safely at the top of the ramp). The rest of us rushed the kobald at the top of the ramp beat him down, key note without any A.O.E. spells/effects, no friggin' intimidates etc, then I threw a d.o.t. on the djinn which came up the ramp and we beat him down looted and ddoor'ed out.

No pots, barely any healing at all. No one on the lever, and FFS stay out of the #$%^$%^ tunnel the bosses will white out and you get to start over.

P.S.A. - And Knowledge Is Power !!!
    This is easily the quest I see most pugs balk at. Now that I pretty much exclusively run with pugs, and there is no real interaction other than the "enter quest, zerg to end" with the occasional "lolthx4rez" on the way, it'd be nice to have a screenshot to refer to other than a story.
    Hell, if I'm suitably impressed, I might throw a TP code toward whoever posts it.

The problem is that completing this quest on elite is not screen shot worthy. Most of us who can do it don't bother as it's business as usual.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    The problem is that completing this quest on elite is not screen shot worthy. Most of us who can do it don't bother as it's business as usual.
    For you, maybe not. No idea who you're referring to when you say "most of us", but if that's all you have to offer, why did you post in the first place?

Here are 2 videos of Mr Cow soloing it on elite with a druid and a sorcerer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88IRWrItLCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vho8duoGYVs

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

I figure if people are running EE endgame content with these kind of parties, perhaps some of you can run ETK like this. If not, then it proves how utterly FUBAR'ed this quest can get.
    I also don't have any screenshots, but I do run this at level every TR, and generally with between 1-2 other party members. Sometimes deaths, and sometimes not.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot when I run it again.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Here is Mr Cow on an artificer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV2eVtPrfpQ

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    I also don't have any screenshots, but I do run this at level every TR, and generally with between 1-2 other party members. Sometimes deaths, and sometimes not.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot when I run it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Here is Mr Cow on an artificer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV2eVtPrfpQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Here are 2 videos of Mr Cow soloing it on elite with a druid and a sorcerer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88IRWrItLCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vho8duoGYVs
    Awesome, thanks guys. I should've thought to check MrCow's channel, only had the patience to skip back a couple pages in this subforum.

This is what I'm trying to do by posting this thread, however you just seem to want to put me down for doing so. Please stop trolling and go back to your "awesome awesome TRs", or is nothing a 'challenge' for you any more apart from basic politeness and civility?
    Or, you could not respond with such hostility and accept the fact that this is done regularly by a significant portion of the player population. I'm guessing that you won't however and will continue to attempt to put words in my mouth or turn my phrases.

Either way, it's not a challenge

Knowing how the quest works, and/or how to deal with the mobs within it is something learned by experience running it. Successes and failures hold equal value in that regard.
    Last edited by taurean430; 02-02-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

if you dont have a charmer in group best bet is having someone kiting all mobs, and this really isn't difficult at all. have duo'd-4 manned it multiple times with no deaths over the last few months.
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

16/2 wiz/monk evoc AM, no pots but bauble used. First pin the kobold to the flaming wall and dot/nuke while healing through the damage (fireshield and fire absorb item used to mitigate damage) After the kobold is dead dot the efreeti and run back to the tunnel, whatever follows will leash back and it's generally safer in there. Efreeti stays at the tunnel entrance so just peek out to cast new dots. After he's dead run up, open the chest and....

...die from ddo store lag up receiving 100 favor reward, sigh. Still shows bravery bonus and obviously I can't rerun it with bravery now. Either way died AFTER completing thanks to a "ddo store feature"

Mass charm monster will get all the mephits on your side, and they will attack the fire elementals getting their aggro...

Ooze puppet will get the living spells on your side.

Much easier quest if you have a good wizard along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    accept the fact that this is done regularly by a significant portion of the player population.
    Elite kobold is not done easily short-manned by a "significant" portion of the player population. Your "fact" is not a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    All you need is 1 person with a good reflex save or any arcane with ooze puppet and then you win.
    Last life my monk duoed with a wiz with ooze puppet without any problem.

A good ooze puppeteer probably can solo it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast