Talking Finally got conquest!

So I was farming ''From beyond the grave'' for my monster manual. At gate with hireling and dog on offensive mode, moving every 20 minutes and looking at the kill count.

It wasn't until 600 kills that I realised... I didn't had conquest yet.
    Amused, I decided to look on DDO wiki if it said anything about conquest. Nothing. Not even for onslaught bonus.

At first, I was like: It must be impossible to get conquest in this quest! I mean if after more than 2 hours of intense zombie killing I did not had conquest it should be impossible.

BUT IT ISN'T!

The conquest bonus for this quest is between 800 and 875 kills.

Now I dare anybody to get this bonus on elite at level! :P

What difficulty did you actually run this on then?

Casual, Normal, Hard?

AND How long were you actually in there to get that many kills?

Just casual. The hireling was doing all the job. I think I could have entered on hard and he would have been able to kill the gate keepers with no problem. On elite, it's another story

And with an average of 90 mobs/20 minutes I think I was in the quest for more than 2 hours and an half...

And it's just a joke. If you actually have the DPS for doing it on elite at level it will be a total snooze fest. Maybe if you get the skeletons need the pyres you can do it fast, but meh. There's no big achievement in this except having too much free time and good shows to watch on TV

Just tought it was funny to see the heavy kill requirement to get conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrrrr View Post
    Just casual. The hireling was doing all the job. I think I could have entered on hard and he would have been able to kill the gate keepers with no problem. On elite, it's another story

And with an average of 90 mobs/20 minutes I think I was in the quest for more than 2 hours and an half...

And it's just a joke. If you actually have the DPS for doing it on elite at level it will be a total snooze fest. Maybe if you get the skeletons need the pyres you can do it fast, but meh. There's no big achievement in this except having too much free time and good shows to watch on TV

Just tought it was funny to see the heavy kill requirement to get conquest.
    Sorry but I wasn't asking because I considered it an achievement.

I was asking because I was wondering whether it would be worth the time taken to get a few Skelly kills etc in the MM.
    And I was wondering about Vilgo's DPS as he's hammered your poor Dog for kills!

P.S. Soloing this quest Elite at Level I would consider frankly impossible {yes I know someone's gonna link a screenshot}.
    The animation for lighting the Pyres takes way way too long in my opinion!
    You can easily kill the stuff around the Pyre and then half way thru lighting the d@rn pyre more pop up and interrupt you.

Oh and of course - Who'd be guarding the gate?

The problem with the dog is not his DPS... It's is intelligence. While Vilgo have fast reactions, the poor dog doesn't understand what going on and can take up to 3-4 seconds to move to the mob.

For the skellies, the main problem would be spawning them. They just don't spawn fast enough. I don't know if it's scaling related or difficulty related, but their spawning rates are just too low. Enough to annoy someone trying to light a pyre, but too low to farm them.

I just did this myself and discovered that "only" 1000 gate swarmers spawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    P.S. Soloing this quest Elite at Level I would consider frankly impossible {yes I know someone's gonna link a screenshot}.
    The animation for lighting the Pyres takes way way too long in my opinion!
    You can easily kill the stuff around the Pyre and then half way thru lighting the d@rn pyre more pop up and interrupt you.

Oh and of course - Who'd be guarding the gate?
    No screenshot, but with a semi-decent hire (I used barrage, the WF wizard with firewall) and invis/stealth it's doable. Leave hire on active at gate, clear pyre, invis/stealth, and light it. None of the mobs seem to have see invis, so as long as you make no noise, you should be fine.