Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default Questions about Fall of Truth arising from mobs seen in Event 7

    Squeak summoned various Fall of Truth bosses and minibosses during the loot event today.

    At one stage she made a typo when trying to summon the EE Stormreaver and so we saw a script that made clear she was summoning the EE version. However the Reaver that appeared was CR 50-ish while in the raid he was CR 63 or so.


    Two questions:


    1 - Are the raid bosses on EE supposed to be CR 50-53 (as seen today) or the much higher statted CR 61-64 versions seen in Event 2 runs of Fall of Truth?
    2 - If they are supposed to be the CR 50-53 versions, does that mean that Epic Elite scaling is taking place on top of the EE versions of the mobs being called? From running them extensively and observing mob stats I know that the 'old epics' use an automatic scaling system where mobs have 60%/85%/125% of 'old epic' CR and other stats derived from that; is it possible that EE Fall of Truth also uses this scaling?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    I can't help but laugh at CR 63 enemies, when we cap out at level 25. I know that CR in DDO no longer has any relevance to the CR in P&P, but still, that is just hilarious. Sorry about the random comment Sirgog, don't mean to derail or anything. You do bring up a good question about the differing CR's. Do you know what the CR was for the stormreaver on EH/EN? Maybe Squeak summoned one of those instead.

  3. #3
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Summoning creatures (particularly those with scripting) outside their natural habitat, does some VERY strange things to them (NOTE: you cannot kill the Dragons from the Raid outside the Raid). Usually, the end description of elite, hard, etc. doesn't mean anything outside the actual dungeon.

    Essentially, if I summon something in the harbor and it has all sorts of strange stats, it's nothing to worry about; however, if you run into the monster in its quest and it has strange stats, bug it!

  4. #4
    Community Member cdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Sounds like raid-specific scripting.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Summoning creatures (particularly those with scripting) outside their natural habitat, does some VERY strange things to them (NOTE: you cannot kill the Dragons from the Raid outside the Raid). Usually, the end description of elite, hard, etc. doesn't mean anything outside the actual dungeon.

    Essentially, if I summon something in the harbor and it has all sorts of strange stats, it's nothing to worry about; however, if you run into the monster in its quest and it has strange stats, bug it!
    The thing is, we cannot tell whether the CR 50-ish version is the bugged one, or the CR 60-ish.

    You, on the other hand, can check with the designers who can tell you 'We intended EE Truthy to hit for ~220 a swing and be CR 50-something' or 'We intended EE Truthy to hit for ~380 a swing and be CR 60-something'.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  6. #6
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Squeak summoned various Fall of Truth bosses and minibosses during the loot event today.

    At one stage she made a typo when trying to summon the EE Stormreaver and so we saw a script that made clear she was summoning the EE version. However the Reaver that appeared was CR 50-ish while in the raid he was CR 63 or so.


    Two questions:


    1 - Are the raid bosses on EE supposed to be CR 50-53 (as seen today) or the much higher statted CR 61-64 versions seen in Event 2 runs of Fall of Truth?
    2 - If they are supposed to be the CR 50-53 versions, does that mean that Epic Elite scaling is taking place on top of the EE versions of the mobs being called? From running them extensively and observing mob stats I know that the 'old epics' use an automatic scaling system where mobs have 60%/85%/125% of 'old epic' CR and other stats derived from that; is it possible that EE Fall of Truth also uses this scaling?
    Pretty sure they just auto scale the CRs still for all epic monsters, new and old. And since public areas lack a setting, they default to old epic scaling. They have seperate profiles for each, but only include certain stats, the rest auto scale.

    The devs can also mess with a summoned monsters stats at will, so they could actually set up events where they have scaled 10x or more hp to be more appropriate to face groups of 50+ players. The CR wouldn't matter, they can set the stats to whatever they want. Shame they don't anymore. Only dev to really put a major effort into making epic events like that was Thoon. He made the real epic gianthold wilderness when he somehow cut off the gate and turined it into a public instance filled with epic raid bosses all over.

    Actually had 404error do that for me once a while back as I was convinced there was a epic stormreaver already.. But he kept saying there wasnt, so he instead created one by buffing up the stats of the regular one to crazy levels. He could adjust it's hp/stats/ac/etc on the fly.
    Last edited by Shade; 02-02-2013 at 03:59 PM.

  7. #7
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Pretty sure they just auto scale the CRs still for all epic monsters, new and old. And since public areas lack a setting, they default to old epic scaling. They have seperate profiles for each, but only include certain stats, the rest auto scale.

    The devs can also mess with a summoned monsters stats at will, so they could actually set up events where they have scaled 10x or more hp to be more appropriate to face groups of 50+ players. The CR wouldn't matter, they can set the stats to whatever they want. Shame they don't anymore. Only dev to really put a major effort into making epic events like that was Thoon. He made the real epic gianthold wilderness when he somehow cut off the gate and turined it into a public instance filled with epic raid bosses all over.

    Actually had 404error do that for me once a while back as I was convinced there was a epic stormreaver already.. But he kept saying there wasnt, so he instead created one by buffing up the stats of the regular one to crazy levels. He could adjust it's hp/stats/ac/etc on the fly.
    Would have been interesting if they'd done that yesterday.

    I suggested EE Arach's Knight as a warmup mob (easy but durable) but he was killed before I even saw him move. If they'd summoned him but given him 12-15m HP, it might have been effective.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  8. #8
    Community Member whiteline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Butner,NC
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Sat. was fun can we do it again soon and thanks for the items on the AH

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    I can't help but laugh at CR 63 enemies, when we cap out at level 25. I know that CR in DDO no longer has any relevance to the CR in P&P, but still, that is just hilarious. Sorry about the random comment Sirgog, don't mean to derail or anything. You do bring up a good question about the differing CR's. Do you know what the CR was for the stormreaver on EH/EN? Maybe Squeak summoned one of those instead.
    As they still tie spell duration, spell penetration, dispel-ability, and ability to be trap the souled to this completely bogus number, all those things are busted. Yes, it's lovely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload