Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Get in line

Assassins have only ONE WEAPON for Assassinate DC and it's only +2.
    Careful.
    Best in slot gets the bat.
    I'm joking...hopefully. :P
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ape_man View Post
    A stealth nerf of a non-overpowered thingy is simply not acceptable. It looks like a matter of an items developer trying to make old stuff that he didn't build less appealing.
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    A nerf of a non-overpowered thingy is simply not acceptable. it looks like a matter of an items developer trying to make old stuff that he didn't build less appealing.
    No, it looks like they are making the code more uniform so it will produce more predictable results. It's the correct way to go, when so many bugs are a result of ad-hoc patching of code that wasn't meant to handle new mechanics at its conception.
    What is, of course, wrong here, is that the people you are writing the code for in the first place (=players) are getting screwed as a result.
    The results of changes should have been better analysed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Really great time to play a melee, our strongest glove/bracer set gets nerfed, caught in the web raid weapons get nerfed, and 100% of the new THF weapons in epic gianthold are complete garbage... (and probably 100% of the 1handers, tho the EE battleaxe may be ok if were lucky).

Details:
    The +4 hit and damage mods on the set are being nerfed to no longer stack with several other effects by changing them from untyped, to artifact bonus.

And unlike the devs promise that current epic items wont change unless you use the cleansing ritual, the change is retroactive, like all nerfs. No respect for current players to try to grandfather them at all.

What else is nerfed:
    Caught in the web raid weapons - planar focus set is nerfed to be an artifact bonus also. So in essence, if you have the claw set, the first upgrade to the weapons is rendered mostly worthless (only the PRR would apply).

What else doesn't stack:
    Epic Black Dragonscale sets. Yea brand new, ml25 sets that required two quite difficult to get/grind out items are set to the same unstackable dmg bonus. Horrible design.

Most likely several other items that previously provided +dmg bonuses were also stealth nerfed to have non stacking types too. Turbine loves to go big on nerfs, especially ones completely unwarranted that are not in the release notes.

Only other +dmg item I checked was berserker set, luckily it was not nerfed and remains untyped for its bonus.
    This does seem to be part of Feather's secret ajenda.

Realigning item bonusses with untyped or unusual bonusses to be typed bonusses and eliminate the unique stacking bonus items.

This gives more options as to where to get the bonusses, but really screws those that ground out all the variations to optimize different bonusses because they did stack.

It is quite annoying to find out that items you spent a significant amount of time and resources to build on a unique item to have it retroactively nerfed.

Whats worse is I dont see any indications of augment slots being added to the Fens sets to offset the removal of the unique bonusses that would at least make this a little less painfull.

****ing off veterns and long term vested players with retroactive changes is not a good way of retaining these loyal customers.

~Screw me over once and I will be more cautious next time. Screw me over twice and I wont play with you anymore.~
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

If this is true and tested, would be ok if I ask the dev who is responsible for this change, to put some make-up on us before they screw us?

Community Member

Stupid change to the planar focus and the claw set. Didn't think there were many people still using the claw set though.

Default Wow

So u guys r telling me that the 4 claw sets that i have and spent way more hours farming for then i want to admit, r being changed to a non stacking damage type? R u kidding me?

Then what is the piont of running red fens? u may as well call it restless isles part 2 lol.

I uns=derstand u trying to serperate the damage bonuses to clean up confusion or w/e but if u change this bonus to not work with planar focuses etc. then ur making the set worthless out side of a tank build, and they may only wear the gloves. Please rethink this, I know its easier to just nerf it, but for once take the freaking high road, would ya?
    Azrreal / 28 completionist and epic completionist / Artificer 20
    Azrealla / 28 12 fighter / 4 monk / 4 pali
    Hoehoe / 28 ranger
    Twinkiee / 28 18 sorc / 2 pali
    Dingdong / 28 pali
    Razeall / 28 18 monk / 2 fighter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irongutz2000 View Post
    So u guys r telling me that the 4 claw sets that i have and spent way more hours farming for then i want to admit, r being changed to a non stacking damage type? R u kidding me?
    You don't understand . . . the Claw Set wasn't designed by the current batch of devs who design loot. It must be nerfed so people might care about their shinies more.

it's a stupid change, I understand nameing the bonuses but making Claw and Planar focus the same type of Bonus is just plain dumb.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Unhappy

This suxs hard. 1 more reason to play that game for TR (1-20) and skip endgame...
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Can somebody check this before we march with the torches and pitchforks?
    I wouldn't make a big post about if it I didn't actually test it. I've been involved in this game for way too long to trust item descriptions blindly.

Tested carefully via the effects panels, and the inventory window (while unarmed since the display is still broken for weapon users).

Artifacts bonuses show up as artifact bonuses and do not stack.

On live they are untyped bonuses, which always stack and generally do not show up in the effects panel.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irongutz2000 View Post
    Then what is the piont of running red fens? u may as well call it restless isles part 2 lol.
    Haven't run it since U14. I already have my epic twisted talismans, I don't see any other point to the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    ...Only other +dmg item I checked was berserker set, luckily it was not nerfed and remains untyped for its bonus.
    Well, good thing that was written in past tense... only a matter of time now.

Axer - stop paying attention to detail and posting good finds. Making me pos rep you, much to my chagrin.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Stupid change to the planar focus and the claw set. Didn't think there were many people still using the claw set though.
    Every single barbarian and fighter that are at all serious about DPS/initim certainly are. There are no other options that are even remotely close to as good as this set for those builds.

This change will upset thousands and thousands of players, far more then this thread could ever account for. Thousands of players the item dev that did this likely didnt even consider, and really should have.

Is it possible it is a bug?
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Onlive the claw set is really good for two types of builds.
    1. builds that do a lot of intimidating like tanks. My fighter has the claw set for the threat, +5 intimidate, 30% amp, +4 damage.
    2. builds that use citw web weapon and trinket where the seeker is on a more convienent slot. My ranged 12 fighter 7 monk 1 artificer has the seeker on the citw web bow which he uses all the time so the claw gloves and bracer make a lot of sense. The healing amp on the gloves also fit for a lot of builds.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Onlive the claw set is really good for two types of builds.
    1. builds that do a lot of intimidating like tanks. My fighter has the claw set for the threat, +5 intimidate, 30% amp, +4 damage.
    2. builds that use citw web weapon and trinket where the seeker is on a more convienent slot. My ranged 12 fighter 7 monk 1 artificer has the seeker on the citw web bow which he uses all the time so the claw gloves and bracer make a lot of sense.
    I'm not going to argue your direct point; but what upsets me about this has really NOTHING to do with claw... It portends an intention - I can see more untyped damage getting nerfed in the future - it's a continuation to a theme, as it were.

This is unexceptionable. Just goes to show the incompetence that turbine is full of. Further shows how they have no desire to keep they customers happy.

Default Standardized "artifact bonus"

1) Any change of this magnitude should be in release notes. Even if it just happened to the Claw set specifically that shouldn't warrant a release note.
    2) The game should be more consistent about grandfathering: grandfathered guild augments but not Claw sets? Etc etc. It would make the most sense to me if everything not considered an exploit were grandfathered in so as to not penalize the players for poor judgment on the developer end.
    3) Melees need all the help they can get.
    4) Unique item bonuses are what make equipment in this game fun. The goal should be to balance them against each other, not just diluting everything down to one level.

Less complexity is less fun.
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    I'm not going to argue your direct point; but what upsets me about this has really NOTHING to do with claw... It portends an intention - I can see more untyped damage getting nerfed in the future - it's a continuation to a theme, as it were.
    Personally, I would rather see continual nerfs than ever increasing and never ending bonuses that I need to stack in order to have the best build possible. While it may tick some people off at first, it's healthy for the game as a whole.

That being said, there should be some consideration for people who spent a lot of time getting the sets pre nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Community Member

The Claw sets are from before, as are most of the other epic items, set bonuses from ToD, Cannith Crafting, etc.

What happened before is not important. The effort of the people who developed the before items is not important, nor is the effort that players put into acquiring them.

What IS important is what is being created NOW, because it's NOW and not from before.

This is no secret and should be no more surprising than the fact that Challenge XP has not been revisited.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast