Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Epic Claw set and more stealth nerfed

Really great time to play a melee, our strongest glove/bracer set gets nerfed, caught in the web raid weapons get nerfed, and 100% of the new THF weapons in epic gianthold are complete garbage... (and probably 100% of the 1handers, tho the EE battleaxe may be ok if were lucky).

Details:
    The +4 hit and damage mods on the set are being nerfed to no longer stack with several other effects by changing them from untyped, to artifact bonus.

And unlike the devs promise that current epic items wont change unless you use the cleansing ritual, the change is retroactive, like all nerfs. No respect for current players to try to grandfather them at all.

What else is nerfed:
    Caught in the web raid weapons - planar focus set is nerfed to be an artifact bonus also. So in essence, if you have the claw set, the first upgrade to the weapons is rendered mostly worthless (only the PRR would apply).

What else doesn't stack:
    Epic Black Dragonscale sets. Yea brand new, ml25 sets that required two quite difficult to get/grind out items are set to the same unstackable dmg bonus. Horrible design.

Most likely several other items that previously provided +dmg bonuses were also stealth nerfed to have non stacking types too. Turbine loves to go big on nerfs, especially ones completely unwarranted that are not in the release notes.

Only other +dmg item I checked was berserker set, luckily it was not nerfed and remains untyped for its bonus.

Makes me glad I was already planning to get rid of my claw set on Youngwrunt...this does make the Dream Visor much more powerful, though, considering it's supposed to be a competence bonus.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

What about Dream Visor? What's their bonus? Is it stated?

I thought they were doing a pretty good job with U17 but it's these kind of things that make me say "oh..silly me"

That explains the flood of cheap claw set scrolls on the Argo auction house...
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

First no epic madstone boots and now this.
    I was so excited about epic Gianthold loot; now I'm just bitter. **** off.

Community Member

This goes in line with their stated goal of making items interchangeble instread of going for a perfect set of stacking bonuses, but not saying anything about the change in the release notes is terrible.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

Really? Claw set already has a ton of contenders and now you're making it even worse? REALLY?

You know I generally try to refrain from bashing devs but if this is correct it's just retarded.

If this goes through then pretty much the only thing claw has going for it is 30% heal amp.

Unless of course artifact bonuses still stack with eachother? Have you actually tested it or just looked at them being the same type?

Because I'm getting some reports that they do in fact stack regardless of all of them being artifact bonuses
    Last edited by Viisari; 02-01-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viisari View Post
    (...)
    If this goes through then pretty much the only thing claw has going for it is 30% heal amp.
    Not even that, since you can get the Purple Knight Set Gloves from Eveninstar that also gives you 30% heal amp...
    (and are allot easier to obtain)

30% hamp and +5 stacking intimi.

I know I'll get crucified for it, but that intimi bonus needs to be on something else. Seriously, there are 2 items for max intimi and that's Claw Gloves and Brawns Spirits. Nothing else? Nothing at all?
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dieterstrife View Post
    30% hamp and +5 stacking intimi.

I know I'll get crucified for it, but that intimi bonus needs to be on something else. Seriously, there are 2 items for max intimi and that's Claw Gloves and Brawns Spirits. Nothing else? Nothing at all?
    Get in line

Assassins have only ONE WEAPON for Assassinate DC and it's only +2.

Im glad I didnt make claw set.

Did they at least update the red fens stuff? most of it is pretty much the worst epics that are comparable to lvl 15 items and no augment slots...
    Sarlona - lvl 28 Cleric Syma - lvl 2/18 halfling Clonk Survivevo - lvl 27 LoB FvS Soulotron - lvl 25 Thief Acrobat/Fighter FullFury

Way to completely kill the value of the Red Fens adventure pack, Turbine. The epic items in there don't even have slots, so now they're so far behind anything else the whole pack isn't worth the bother.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Turbine: please do not nerf the Epic Claw set.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Turbine: please do not nerf the Epic Claw set.
    If anything they should have improved the items there...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viisari View Post
    Because I'm getting some reports that they do in fact stack regardless of all of them being artifact bonuses
    Can somebody check this before we march with the torches and pitchforks?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Can somebody check this before we march with the torches and pitchforks?
    NO Raaaaaaaaaahhh i'm tired of digitally getting raped after all our hard work to acquire things!

:P

The Hatchery

Dream Visor's dmg bonus doesn't stack with hobgob ship buffs but stacks with other items (competence bonus iirc), but even with ship buffs its still a +2 dmg (becomes +4 if you die n lose buffs).

Unless I'm mistaken, the blackscale damage portion only applies to ranged, so while it'd suck for ranged toons using claw set and blackscale, it's not a melee thing. The 3% doublestrike for melees still stack with everything else as there are currently no artifact-bonus doublestrike, so yea, still great to be a melee.

And let's put it in perspective, melees got such an amazing power boost since u14 while every other class got far less. I'd gladly trade the arcane junk epic moments (Draconic Hunger/Fearsome Invuln/Arcane Tempest) for all the uber melee epic moments (EiN, Unbridled, Blitz). A "nerf" like this is hardly something to QQ about. The fact that claw set is still used for melees and ranged is almost a wonder in itself as almost everyone else had to ditch their old epic gears as soon as u14 came about, at least melees got to keep it for 3 updates more than anyone else.

And in the end, its 4 freaking damage...that's about 100 (200 tops on helpless) less dmg on fury crits when the said crits go for 12k, and 4 x 2.5 = 10 damage on a fully stacked blitz (how often do those happen?). Yes, its a nerf, but get over it, everyone else got it far worse.
    Aqua/Blue/Green/Doombearded
    Unruly

Quote Originally Posted by davyscy View Post
    Dream Visor's dmg bonus doesn't stack with hobgob ship buffs but stacks with other items (competence bonus iirc), but even with ship buffs its still a +2 dmg (becomes +4 if you die n lose buffs).

Unless I'm mistaken, the blackscale damage portion only applies to ranged, so while it'd suck for ranged toons using claw set and blackscale, it's not a melee thing. The 3% doublestrike for melees still stack with everything else as there are currently no artifact-bonus doublestrike, so yea, still great to be a melee.

And let's put it in perspective, melees got such an amazing power boost since u14 while every other class got far less. I'd gladly trade the arcane junk epic moments (Draconic Hunger/Fearsome Invuln/Arcane Tempest) for all the uber melee epic moments (EiN, Unbridled, Blitz). A "nerf" like this is hardly something to QQ about. The fact that claw set is still used for melees and ranged is almost a wonder in itself as almost everyone else had to ditch their old epic gears as soon as u14 came about, at least melees got to keep it for 3 updates more than anyone else.

And in the end, its 4 freaking damage...that's about 100 (200 tops on helpless) less dmg on fury crits when the said crits go for 12k, and 4 x 2.5 = 10 damage on a fully stacked blitz (how often do those happen?). Yes, its a nerf, but get over it, everyone else got it far worse.
    Speaking of epic moments yes they lack in the arcane dept but what about those other abilities like energy burst and dragon breath...they are kinda nice and make up for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by davyscy View Post
    A nerf of a non-overpowered thingy is simply not acceptable. it looks like a matter of an items developer trying to make old stuff that he didn't build less appealing.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast