Community Member

Default Cleric Rad Servant Aura not engaging

i've noticed this occasionally on live, sometimes, but not too often you go to turn on the rad servant aura and a turn undead gets used, the cooldown starts but the aura doesn't start. just did some running around in the gh slayer area on lamannia, tried to turn on the aura, burned thru 8 turns without it engaging. combat log just shows that i start to cast it each time, no other info given.
    Last edited by Don1966; 02-01-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

Community Member

on live ive found it fails of you dont have yourself targetted. still loose a turn but no aura.

Community Member

If you first step out into an instance and have nothing targeted then you will just burn a turn.

If you target yourself or anything else then it will proc. You can even target and dispatch a target/have nothing in the target window and then it will proc.

From what I've seen, it is the first target of anything that is required. That's current live behavior imo.

Yeah, as I recall this bug had been fixed for a while, but now it's back again (after the last update, maybe?)

Really, really annoying - I finally mapped a macro to make sure I was targeted before triggering the aura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Yes it's soooo annoying, i don't understand why they can't just fix the ability so it doesn't fricken matter what you target.

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Yeah, as I recall this bug had been fixed for a while, but now it's back again (after the last update, maybe?)

Really, really annoying - I finally mapped a macro to make sure I was targeted before triggering the aura.
    That's a good idea. I might just do that.

But yeah, this bug was around a while ago, then they fixed it. And now it's back again. Particularly on lama. You don't necessarily have to have yourself targetted. I've found it usually works if you have nothing targetted so just make sure you don't have an ally targetted to improve the chances of it going off.

But yeah, if a dev could pay attention to this for u17, that'd be great.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    on live ive found it fails of you dont have yourself targetted. still loose a turn but no aura.
    The current state of the bug on live is the following :

If you have nothing targetted you will spend a turn for nothing.

If you have something targetted ( you, a friend, a monster, a barrel, a lever, a door, a squirrel ) you will get your aura.

Originally the bug was :
    if you are not targetting yourself you will not get anything ( and not spend any turn ).

Now I haven't tested the latest Lamabuild yet, so I can't tell the state of the Aura Bug.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...