Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Screw that, I want a fat little dwarf to follow me around. Or a naked hezzie.
    Screw that too. I want a naked dwarf -riding- a hezzy pulling its ears to steer it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    If you replace "Ghasts" with "Reavers", I'd be ecstatic.
    Replacing Ghasts with anything would be an improvement. But I'd agree that Reavers or Wights or Mummies would be balanced mob to throw in, since the Devs are holding off on Drow.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Screw that too. I want a naked dwarf -riding- a hezzy pulling its ears to steer it.
    Yes! I want a mini-Master Blaster too!

Ghasts as has been already mentioned are counting as Ghouls anyway!

Wights are what's needed next for the Undead Entry in my opinion.

Where are the Gnolls?
    Windlashers and Firebrands in Sands, Vale and Mount Reysalon = Loads of Slayer Kills - Where is their MM entry???

Drow!?! - Come on Devs!

I'd also like Golems and Cats to be merged into one entry for all types - Not so bothered about Giants BUT where are the OGRES!?!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Ghasts as has been already mentioned are counting as Ghouls anyway!

Wights are what's needed next for the Undead Entry in my opinion.

Where are the Gnolls?
    Windlashers and Firebrands in Sands, Vale and Mount Reysalon = Loads of Slayer Kills - Where is their MM entry???

Drow!?! - Come on Devs!

I'd also like Golems and Cats to be merged into one entry for all types - Not so bothered about Giants BUT where are the OGRES!?!
    I agree with the this set of statements...

why no dragons? it is dungeons and dragons after all. and there will be at least 7 new dragons in the U17, maybe more if there are any in the explorer area. this is THE iconic monster of DnD. hard to kill yes, fewer available to kill yes, but if they want to give xp for slayers, then dragons should be the top dog imo. first guy to 1000 dragons killed wins!

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Yep, just to be clear. Re: Ghast, they definitively are already in the Ghoul entry, and certainly lack the content to be split off:

Ghast, Ghast of Gerard Dryden, Menechtarun Ghast are all Ghasts, as possibly are some of the others - I'm not trekking out to sands or orchard to check.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by eighnuss View Post
    why are you so afraid of accounts? Quit making things character only. I'm not gonna do this on 21 toons. You need to hire someone who actually plays this game.
    +100 !
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

My thoughts:

Firstly - no drow again? MOTU still makes up a lot of endgame, and MOTU content is mostly Drow, Spiders, Demons, Undead and Driders. Of those, Drow and Spiders are by far the majority. We have one of these two, it's time for the other one.

Secondly - I like the account-wide hunter deeds too. I won't be devastated if they are gone, but they provide an interesting incentive to run some really weird content. I'd like to see one account-wide Hunter deed for each page that is very tricky to complete but is just for show and is not a prerequisite for any other rewards.

Finally - Dragons are needed. IIRC Gianthold (including Fall of Truth and Epic Ruins of Gianthold) has an absolute majority of the dragons in the game. An account-wide Hunter deed that requires slaying every dragon in game and slayer deeds set quite low (think 50 at top tier) would IMO be the way to go. Seeing dragon HP would be cool on its own, but I'm sure a lot of players would kill for a blue wyrmling cosmetic pet.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I'm in agreement with most of the others here. I'm glad to see beholders and fire elementals, especially since they are what's been chosen for the picture to represent their category.

Ghasts have been showing up in ghoul, and they are really different enough or common enough to really make up a separate category. Wights would be a good replacement as they show up starting in Korthos and keep showing up with regularity. There are also several different types and named enemies as well.

Hill giants are a good choice--available from mid levels on and very common in Gianthold. There are also several named giants. However, I would have liked to see ogres as well. They start showing up in the Harbor and are common throughout the game with plenty of named to boot.

Drow are now the only player race not included and I was initially disappointed when I realized that they didn't count as elves. I hope to see them soon.

I also am a bit disappointed in the lack of an account Hunter deed. I prefer the Hunter deeds as an account deed because in quest rares can be very stubborn about appearing. It's nice to think that if I didn't get it on this run, maybe another character will pick it up or that I could get it on another life. I don't mind reducing the number of account Hunter deeds, but I would like 1, preferably on the high side.

But all in all, I'm glad to see this. I've enjoyed the MM entries so far and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbqzor View Post
    I appreciate the attempt to get more XP into the leveling process, but frankly, the only area that needs help is the 17-20 bracket for 36pt TRs (and possibly the 13-16 bracket now if people try to hold off on GH until Epic, GH is kind of all there is in that range). I would not want to spend my 17-20 time hunting down random named from all over the game trying to get 50k. I wouldnt do it for 150k. I'm sure some people will, but its just not something I find appealing at all, in any fashion, whatsoever; sorry.
    I remember running madstone at lvl 9 when you got bonuses for running things above level and the xp was already around 30k... could get a couple of lvls in no time
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Secondly - I like the account-wide hunter deeds too. I won't be devastated if they are gone, but they provide an interesting incentive to run some really weird content.
    Very much so. The first time I ran Crucible -- first time ever, on any toon, -- was to get last three named hobgoblins for Hobgoblin Mastery. (OT: on a rogue with wizard dilly Crucible is a blast)
    I'd like to see one account-wide Hunter deed for each page that is very tricky to complete but is just for show and is not a prerequisite for any other rewards.
    No reward, just bragging rights?... not sure I agree. Maybe specifically for MM3, because mobs in it tend to have so few types. But with Drow or Ogres, where Hunter Deed could run close to a hundred, I definitely want a tangible reward for high account achievement.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

I too am confused at Ghast. I didn't realize they were already included in ghoul, I never paid any attention to that entry. What are they going to do ...split the slayers and hunters we've already completed in ghoul? Can they do that retroactively?

Personally, I would have went with Ogres and Drow this time around. Ogres because we encounter them early but they also cover a wide variety of content both F2P and P2P such as Deneith Depths, Tangleroot, Sorrowdusk, and Gianthold of course. In fact, I believe they are the only monster type we encounter in Water Works that is not yet included in the MM.

Drow for similiar reasons, but unfortunately I think they're going to hold back drow for some time. Carrot dangling, I think. Of course that would only make sense if we got something cool to work towards with Drow, like a cosmetic armor option that matched the Priestess Robes or something similiar.

I understand Hunter deeds giving more character XP, I mean they're the ultimate Rare Encounters list per creature type right? But I too would like at least one included in the Account deeds. I love scrolling through my list per creature type. I especially savor highlighting my General Manager, Droam Calvalry, and Kaboom. I like to go over my hunter lists and gloat daily. The earth elementals annoy me somewhat because the ones from Undermine do not display their crystalline skin.

Couple of questions:
    A) Can we still work towards Turbine Points in this MM?

B)If baby beholders are one of the cosmetic pets to work towards this volume, what is the second cosmetic pet?

C)Do I understand correctly that the slayer account deeds will now unlock monster resistances and vulnerabilities?
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Yes.

Oh sweet! I love the Monster Manual feature. It adds an additional level of fun and reward to players who have them. I love being able to see actual HP and getting the pets as rewards. Not to mention the Turbine Points! This is good news.

Community Member

Awesome!

(slightly miffed about splitting up giant and golem subtypes)

Despite being listed in the 2/1 Llamma patch notes, MM3 is still not available in the store.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    So full of win.

Any word on the price? Must buy NOW!!!! heh.
    Yep, no doubt. This is one of the very few store items I'll be willing to buy not-on-a-discount of some sort. Fun, interesting, number-ey goodness in each manual.

As far as people complaining about certain omissions so far (like drow), take the long view - my hope is they are aiming for 10, 15, even more volumes. So you might expect each volume to contain one key classic entry (like beholders), some basic entries, and one or two oddities (like ghasts). As long as the goals for each entry are right-sized against their in game populations, it's all good.

Secondly - I like the account-wide hunter deeds too. I won't be devastated if they are gone, but they provide an interesting incentive to run some really weird content. I'd like to see one account-wide Hunter deed for each page that is very tricky to complete but is just for show and is not a prerequisite for any other rewards.
    This.
    Completing accoung hunter deeds is probably the funniest part of the MM.
    Please give us at least one account hunter deed, even if it has no reward and requires killing every single monster of that type.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Won't be a day one purchase for me... was disappointed with the quality/amount of bugs in the previous volumes when they were released. Today I found (and bugged) another 100 monsters on live added to the wrong category as a rare wolf. :/

I don't seem to have the option to purchase this on llama, are the orthons in Devil Assault counting correctly? And are whatever is needed for rewards something potentially less grindy than the wraith/rusty/earth are?

Are all the ones we have right now even completeable?

I like the account wide ones as an exterminator alternative to unlock HP quicker.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast