Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The baby beholder makes this MM worth it.

Orthons are an added bonus. Silly Orthons
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Great news all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Yes.

Regarding the deeds:
    Previous volumes had the same number of Hunter deeds, but split between Character and Account.

This volume's Hunter deeds are all Character, as that is how we are able to offer experience point rewards, and the focus of this volume is on offering viable additional sources of character experience points.
    Each monster in Volume 3 can provide potential experience rewards of at least 53,000 XP.

As well, slayer deeds in this volume generally require a greatly reduced number of kills to accomplish, as compared to previous volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighnuss View Post
    Why are you so afraid of accounts? Quit making things character only. I'm not gonna do this on 21 toons. You need to hire someone who actually plays this game.
    Um so don't do it on 21 characters?
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Um so don't do it on 21 characters?
    I don't think he'll hear you over the fact that he's now deaf from your wife squealing about the beholder.

Previous volumes had the same number of Hunter deeds, but split between Character and Account.

This volume's Hunter deeds are all Character, as that is how we are able to offer experience point rewards, and the focus of this volume is on offering viable additional sources of character experience points.

Each monster in Volume 3 can provide potential experience rewards of at least 53,000 XP.
    Firstly, its nice to see a new MM volume, and its nice you guys are open to making changes to improve them. That said, this is not a good change.

The Account-based Hunter deeds are, frankly, the only "cool" ones. Its fun to open your MM and check out some mob stats no matter which guy you are on. Conversely, its almost pointless to open it and just look at how many of whatever you've killed... over time they all over-cap anyhow and its not representative anyways.

Furthermore, hunting down every named mob, every time you play through a TR, is a pain. Frequently the named are in hard to reach places, or take a lot of time to get to. Its fun to do once, for an account unlock, but its nothing I would repeat. And with it not being permanent (if its not on account, it just gets wiped on a TR), its not something I'll ever do.

I appreciate the attempt to get more XP into the leveling process, but frankly, the only area that needs help is the 17-20 bracket for 36pt TRs (and possibly the 13-16 bracket now if people try to hold off on GH until Epic, GH is kind of all there is in that range). I would not want to spend my 17-20 time hunting down random named from all over the game trying to get 50k. I wouldnt do it for 150k. I'm sure some people will, but its just not something I find appealing at all, in any fashion, whatsoever; sorry.

Please add at least 1 account based hunter, the top tier one. This will at least let you keep track of the named at an account level. That one single top tier entry solves all of my issues, and means that you can get a permanent stat-check reward, while picking up some XP along the way (even if its reduced from 53k to 45k or whatever).

You can drop the lowest tier account slayer if you want (to make space for the reward), since with all the other rewards being per-character only, tons of account slayer will accrue when you repeat this manual on TRs. Its perfectly alright for it to start out a little higher than normal, in exchange for keeping our rare-hunting progress. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqzor View Post
    The Account-based Hunter deeds are, frankly, the only "cool" ones. Its fun to open your MM and check out some mob stats no matter which guy you are on. Conversely, its almost pointless to open it and just look at how many of whatever you've killed... over time they all over-cap anyhow and its not representative anyways.
    I don't understand. You can still see mob stats on any character, right? Does changing all hunter deeds to character-only remove these entries or something?
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

Quote Originally Posted by bbqzor View Post
    Firstly, its nice to see a new MM volume, and its nice you guys are open to making changes to improve them. That said, this is not a good change.

Furthermore, hunting down every named mob, every time you play through a TR, is a pain. Frequently the named are in hard to reach places, or take a lot of time to get to. Its fun to do once, for an account unlock, but its nothing I would repeat. And with it not being permanent (if its not on account, it just gets wiped on a TR), its not something I'll ever do.

I appreciate the attempt to get more XP into the leveling process, but frankly, the only area that needs help is the 17-20 bracket for 36pt TRs (and possibly the 13-16 bracket now if people try to hold off on GH until Epic, GH is kind of all there is in that range). I would not want to spend my 17-20 time hunting down random named from all over the game trying to get 50k. I wouldnt do it for 150k. I'm sure some people will, but its just not something I find appealing at all, in any fashion, whatsoever; sorry.

Please add at least 1 account based hunter, the top tier one. This will at least let you keep track of the named at an account level. That one single top tier entry solves all of my issues, and means that you can get a permanent stat-check reward, while picking up some XP along the way (even if its reduced from 53k to 45k or whatever).
    Thank you for expressing your concerns, but it seems that they are misplaced.

The Hunter deeds in Volume 3 are not related to unlocking monster statistics for an entry. Instead, they just provide experience points.

Monster statistics for an entry are unlocked by Account deeds, not Character deeds.

To permanently unlock all of the monster statistics for a Volume 3 entry, you only have to complete the available Account Slayer deeds.

Community Member

The Hunter deeds in Volume 3 are not related to unlocking monster statistics for an entry. Instead, they just provide experience points.

Monster statistics for an entry are unlocked by Account deeds, not Character deeds.

To permanently unlock all of the monster statistics for a Volume 3 entry, you only have to complete the available Account Slayer deeds.
    I think your initial post about making a whole bunch of character deeds has lead people to the conclusion that there are no account deeds in volume 3. I know this was my initial impression until I actually read through the entire thread. Perhaps a complete listing of all available deeds for 1 monster type would help alleviate peoples concerns. Also, on a related note, when trying to purchase volume 3 of the MM on lamma land, I get an error in the DDO store that says something about an invalid ID reference, and I cannot actually find it in the store for purchase. Not sure if it is supposed to be available for purchase yet or not, and my account is a premium account, if that helps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    The baby beholder makes this MM worth it.
    ^This.

Just one question, even if we don't have an account-wide Hunter deed, the MM still lists the whole list of named mobs killed by your account? I can survive the hunter being not necessary to unlocking pets/HP view, but I like to see that list just for kicks.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

face# - and now when the citizens of Stormreach (and e'star) thought it was safe to go into the streets once more - beholder pets return! (remember when we could use the Shard of Xoriat and go strolling through the streets with a Chaos Beholder - ah -- those were fun days - of seeing guildies port onto the ship - just to need to clean their breaches and scream LEEERRROOOOY JENKINS at the sight of a beholder floating and attacking the training dummy!)

So the "stats" unlocks (not just the visible hp bar, the stat/cr/name/defeats/etc lists) have been moved to the account slayer deeds; and the "xp awards" have been moved to the character hunter deeds? That seems acceptable. Thank you for the clarifying reply. Cheers.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK_and_AWE View Post
    I don't understand. You can still see mob stats on any character, right? Does changing all hunter deeds to character-only remove these entries or something?
    Hunter deeds were the ones which unlocked all the stat stuff, if you mouse over them (slayers were xp, tp, etc). Having to re-kill every named each TR to re-unlock the stats would've been a headache! If they changed the deed rewards around, that works too, so it seems everything is good. I had (wrongly) assumed the deeds were following the uniform pattern of the previous ones.
    Last edited by bbqzor; 01-31-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Auto-buy.

Community Member

Some of us only care about pets if they're bigger and more annoying than the last. The flying flapping bat was huge for us. Then came the imp... the gloriously large, pantless, flapping imp.

Can the beholder top that?

I'm capped out on XP for my toons for the most part, this "focus on xp" means nothing for me. But will the beholder be even bigger and more animated and more of a nuisance than the imp?!?!? Can it blot out the sun? Can it obstruct the view of all the people in the raid? And does it make noises that annoy the **** out of everyone!? MUST KNOW!

Community Member

Let's go over the different monsters in MM3:
    * Dwarves = good selection, especially if Duergar are included in this entry
    * Fire Elementals = good entry again since there are plenty of them at all levels
    * Beholders = great entry, especially if there is a baby beholder at the end of this rainbow
    * Flesh Golems = puzzling, and a bit annoying, since there aren't very many and bundling all the golems into one entry would probably be much better
    * Hill Giants = again, I'm a bit annoyed if "giant" Giants are being broke up into their subgroups, such as Stone, Storm, Fire...so we're not going to learn the HP of Sor'jek or Stormreaver with this addition
    * Fiendish Lions = good entry, since there are plenty of other cats to make a future entry
    * Orthons = another good entry
    * Hezrous = again, another good entry, but is there enough unique Hezrous to justify this entry?
    * Rakshasas = a good entry for Epic GH
    * Ghasts = They already appear in the previous Ghoul entry and there's only like 4 in the game...pick another mob

I personally don't like the idea that the Hunter entry is being removed completely from the Account based. I'd like to see at least one Hunter deed still in the Account based part of the MM.

Since I wasn't able to check out MM3 on Lamannia yet, I'm wondering if they fixed some of the complaints players had previously. I see there's apparently more XP available to characters than previous, so that's good. But has Guild Renown based rewards been included also, as we've been told that they would be in future additions of the MM?

I'll probably come back with more thoughts after I'm able to purchase MM3 on Lamannia, which currently it's unavailable.

Fiendish Lions
    A really odd one, considering how few of them there are.

They're in the Vale, and they're in Cerulean Hills, and then they are....um, where?

Unless Bezekira and Jareliths are going to count on this list too.

Check on Llamma: The book is listed with a store purchase icon, but it doesn't actually exist in the store yet.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    And does it make noises that annoy the **** out of everyone!? MUST KNOW!
    Given their previous pets, I'm pretty sure the answer to that one is "yes"

The tricks are the main question/noise makers after all.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Given their previous pets, I'm pretty sure the answer to that one is "yes"

The tricks are the main question/noise makers after all.
    I'm guessing an "eye beam" trick that sends multicolored beams shooting everywhere to blind your party.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I'm guessing an "eye beam" trick that sends multicolored beams shooting everywhere to blind your party.
    I want my baby beholder to pick a fight with other peoples' pets and randomly disintegrate them into a pile of ash with blinking eyes on top.

If you replace "Ghasts" with "Reavers", I'd be ecstatic.

I am still quite happy with MM3 as it is.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast