Hill Giants
    Fiendish Lions
    Orthons
    Hezrous
    Rakshasas
    Ghasts

There are some changes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This volume's Hunter deeds are all Character, as that is how we are able to offer experience point rewards, and the focus of this volume is on offering viable additional sources of character experience points.
    Each monster in Volume 3 can provide potential experience rewards of at least 53,000 XP.
    As well, slayer deeds in this volume generally require a greatly reduced number of kills to accomplish, as compared to previous volumes.
    Apparently a beholder pet!
    Last edited by esheep; 01-31-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: decided to be less whiny more informative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

The real question is can you get a baby beholder as a reward?
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Quote Originally Posted by fool101 View Post
    Screw that, I want a fat little dwarf to follow me around. Or a naked hezzie.

Yes.

Regarding the deeds:
    Previous volumes had the same number of Hunter deeds, but split between Character and Account.

This volume's Hunter deeds are all Character, as that is how we are able to offer experience point rewards, and the focus of this volume is on offering viable additional sources of character experience points.
    Each monster in Volume 3 can provide potential experience rewards of at least 53,000 XP.

As well, slayer deeds in this volume generally require a greatly reduced number of kills to accomplish, as compared to previous volumes.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    u17 brings volume 3 of the Monster Manual including:

Dwarves
    Fire Elementals
    Beholders
    Flesh Golems
    Hill Giants
    Fiendish Lions
    Orthons
    Hezrous
    Rakshasas
    Ghasts
    Thanks heaps for this! Super excited.

- Dwarves is good, especially with EGH coming out!
    - Fire Eles meh, but gives me a good reason to run Taming the Flames for the first time in a long time.
    - Beholders is pretty awesome. I'm already thinking about whether I'll farm Acute Delirium or Lord of Eyes.

EDIT: Initial suggestions way too tame. Normal Difficulty Hound of Xoriat endurance farm. Let's do this thing, Khyber.

- Flesh Golems is a bizarre choice.
    - Hill Giants would be poor, but EGH being end game makes it decent.
    - Fiendish Lions is a strange choice. There are like... 4 in the game. Reminds me of 'Gargoyle'.
    - Orthons is awesome. Very excited. Sins of Attrition will pay!
    - Hezrous is awesome. Will be getting my Spinner of Shadow farm on since I like that quest anyway.
    - Rakshasas is awesome given EGH and the Lords of Dust chain. Fun. Not sure where to farm though. Maybe Cry for Help.
    - Ghasts? I'm certain my ghoul entry has some ghasts in it already. Whatever.

My review: 5-6 genuinely useful entries is great. Awesome job. Even the dregs like "Fiendish Lion" is a step up from what could have been! ("Hyena" and "Dog"). EDIT: Ghast does have serious issues.

Having said that, the sooner we get "Drow" the less conspicuous its bizarre absence.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 01-31-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

C'mon Devs, you all know I've had to sit through arguements about Harry's hit points for years and watch people go crazy arguing over it like it matters, give us the pit fiends already.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Yes.
    Oh. My. God. Awesome.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Arbiter of Life & Death | Brogburt - The Warlord | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Rubrik - The Grove Protector | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <Dwarven Weapons and Tactics>

Regarding the deeds:
    Previous volumes had the same number of Hunter deeds, but split between Character and Account.

That's fine, I'm just bummed because I really liked the account hunter deeds.

A more respectable amount than previously available.

I noticed this as well, greatly reduced is not an exaggeration, perhaps even an understatement. However, I felt there may be more of a story to the difference from previous volumes -- a story which you provided.

Thanks FoS for the response, it's good to know there is some reasoning behind the changes... still kind of disappointed about the hunter deeds but at least there is a reason.
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

Too bad that there is no reason to buy this one then, with the lack of account things, they made the previous ones worthwhile. XP-bleh, there is way more than enough XP to be had.

Yes.

Regarding the deeds:

Personally disappointing, since the account-wide Hunter deeds were the ones that were the most interesting to me. Getting a specific rare to drop in a quest, especially in a quest that's in the middle of a chain like Grey Moon Waning where you can't just repeat the specific quest (you have to exit out, not complete, and retry), is annoying enough the first time, doing it on every character is just not going to interest me.

However, thanks for continuing to do these!

Yes.
    /blinks

For the first time I may care about the DDO MM.

Community Member

Why are you so afraid of accounts? Quit making things character only. I'm not gonna do this on 21 toons. You need to hire someone who actually plays this game.

I'm sooooo getting this one.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Having said that, the sooner we get "Drow" the less conspicuous its bizarre absence.
    Hunter aspects makes that one have a lot of hours to code and verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    /blinks

For the first time I may care about the DDO MM.
    I'm actually expecting to see a race on the forums about who can get one first.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Are there personal slayers?
    Are turbine poinst and loot gems awarded?
    Are stats given by account slayers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

There are still the account-based ones to unlock seeing HP in this volume?

I like that on the critters I've unlocked it for...more for flavor, I suppose, knowing that those warehouse workers have 1.1k hp doesn't really help kill them faster, I just like seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    There are still the account-based ones to unlock seeing HP in this volume?

I like that on the critters I've unlocked it for...more for flavor, I suppose, knowing that those warehouse workers have 1.1k hp doesn't really help kill them faster, I just like seeing it.
    Of course. There's five account Slayer deeds. You unlock seeing a monster's HP once you've completed four out of the five of those account Slayer deeds.

Of course. There's five account Slayer deeds. You unlock seeing a monster's HP once you've completed four out of the five of those account Slayer deeds.
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Too bad that there is no reason to buy this one then, with the lack of account things, they made the previous ones worthwhile. XP-bleh, there is way more than enough XP to be had.
    some of us appreciate the option of persuing other things just for a change, rather than having to all quests in an 'optimal' fashion. I frequently take time out levelling to run around explorer areas, for instance. Sometimes I like to check on the MM every now and again to see if I'm close to an achievement and that might steer my choices. I hadn't even realised I was getting XP for them I don't think. Now I know I am I'll be going and taking a bit of a closer look and maybe hunting a few specific things down with more zeal than just going after achievements for the sake of it - so I for one am very glad to see this one is, from my perspective, packed with extra ways to earn XP. The more variation, the longer lifespan this game has for me.
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast