Default Stuck in Sschindlyryn

How do I get past this gate? It blocks the alley which bends north of House Dun'Robar, and identical gate blocks the alley south of it. I see no way to get to one rare and several notes west of House Dun'Robar.

A similar gate is in the tower of House Avithoul. Optional goal there is to smash three House Avithoul's relics. One is right in front of you as you step into tower. I assume the other two are behind the gate, but could not get to them.

Also, which portal in House Avithoul goes to draegloth and Matron's Chest? Or are the portals random?
    Last edited by brian14; 01-30-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    How do I get past this gate? It blocks the alley which bends north of House Dun'Robar, and identical gate blocks the alley south of it. I see no way to get to one rare and several notes west of House Dun'Robar.

You come in around the other side, honestly.

A similar gate is in the tower of House Avithoul. Optional goal there is to smash three House Avithoul's relics. One is right in front of you as you step into tower. I assume the other two are behind the gate, but could not get to them.

One is through a hidden door, another is through an obvious trapped hallway near the end.

Also, which portal in House Avithoul goes to draegloth and Matron's Chest? Or are the portals random?
    Hallway with obvious traps as mentioned above. No portals that I can think of.

Community Member pseudomasochist's Avatar

The draegloth, accompanying drow, and chest that can drop a Seal of Avithoul will appear at whichever relic is remaining after the other two are broken. Because of the way the quest is laid out, most parties would break the relic in the secret hallway with lots of spell wards last so that's where they would spawn. Let's say you forgot the relic closest to the entrance until after breaking the two further in the quest. They would spawn in that location instead.

This means you must break two relics and at least visit the third for a shot at a house seal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

you have a cleared bit of path on your map to the south near the external wall of the main city, follow west from that point and then head north, don't go out of the main wall towards the bridge.
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Hallway with obvious traps as mentioned above. No portals that I can think of.
    I did the quest solo on a bard, with fighter hireling. Once I realized the traps are fire jets, I parked the hireling and just walked through them (Fire energy sheath). At the end were two regular levers and one which said "Disable Device". I pulled on it and "something happens" yellow bar appeared, but then nothing obvious. Eventually I just left the hallway.

Did I miss something, or do you need Disable Device skill to work that lever?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

You need to pull one of the regular levers. That opens a door back in the hallway you came from, which takes you to the third section of the upstairs area. But watch out for the spell wards that get created when you pull the lever (they're on your way out from the lever room, densely packed).

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I did the quest solo on a bard, with fighter hireling. Once I realized the traps are fire jets, I parked the hireling and just walked through them (Fire energy sheath). At the end were two regular levers and one which said "Disable Device". I pulled on it and "something happens" yellow bar appeared, but then nothing obvious. Eventually I just left the hallway.

Did I miss something, or do you need Disable Device skill to work that lever?
    As you left the lever room, you missed the hallway to your right.

http://ddowiki.com/page/File:M_house...ken_chains.png
    If you look at the wiki map, you'll see the cube (4 of them in a square) of traps. South from there roughly is the hallway you missed that will lead to the Drag and chest.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 01-31-2013 at 05:15 PM.

The way is south, around and up north and back towards that gate.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc