Default Half-elf 36pt pure greatsword kensei

Build goals:
    • To deal strong THF DPS.
    • To have a ranged option in manyshot for those times you really don't want to/can't get personal
    • Posess a tactical option in stunning blow
    • At least enough UMD to no-fail heal/gh/tenser's transformation scrolls with no ship buffs.

Cerussite Kortig
    Half-elf 20 Fighter/5 Epic

Starting stats:
    • 18 Str (+6 level ups, +3 tome)
    • 14 Dex (+3 tome)
    • 15 Con (+3 tome)
    • 09 Int (+3 tome)
    • 08 Wis (+2 tome)
    • 13 Cha (+3 tome)

Skills: Max balance and UMD.

Granted Feats:
    • 1. Past Life: Favored Soul
    • 1. Past Life: Favored Soul
    Chosen Feats:
    • 1H. Half Elf Dilettante: Paladin
    • 1. Toughness
    • 1F. Power Attack
    • 2F. Stunning Blow
    • 3. Cleave
    • 4F. Great Cleave
    • 6. Weapon Focus: Slash
    • 6F. Weapon Focus: Ranged
    • 8F. Weapon Specialization: Slash
    • 9. Improved Critical: Slash
    • 10F. Greater Weapon Focus: Slash
    • 12. Point Blank Shot
    • 12F. Greater Weapon Specialization: Slash
    • 14F. Improved Sunder
    • 15. Rapid Shot
    • 16F. Superior Weapon Focus: Slash
    • 18. Bow Strength
    • 18F. Manyshot
    • 20F. Improved Critical: Ranged
    • 21. Overwhelming Critical
    • 24. Skill Focus: UMD

Enhancements:
    • Kensei III (greatswords)
    • Adaptability IV
    • Haste Boost IV
    • Improved Recovery II
    • Paladin Dilettante
    • Prereqs for the above and some filler

Gearset:
    • Hand: Epic Sword of Shadow / Pinion / Bow of the Silver Flame - I doubt I'll ever make it epic / PosPosPos GS maul
    • Armor: Flawless Black Dragonscale (Heavy Fort)
    • Head: +8 Strength EH Black Dragon Helm (+14 PRR)
    • Goggles: GS HP Concordant Opposition
    • Neck: Verik's necklace
    • Bracers: Greater Convalescent of Superior Parrying
    • Gloves: Nether Grasps (any)
    • Belt: T3 Epic Spare Hand (+7 con/good luck +2)
    • Boots: GS 3xAir
    • Cloak: Ghost-Walking Cloak
    • Ring1: Con +2 Seal of House Dun'Robar with Stunning +10
    • Ring2: Encrusted Ring (20% healing amp)
    • Trinket: +3 Strength Planar Focus of Prowess

(Currently using roadwatch bow in place of pinion and a shatter ring in place of stunning)

Destiny: Legendary Dreadnought
    • T1: Legendary Tactics, Extra Action Boost
    • T2: Momentum Swing, Improved PA
    • T3: Lay Waste, Critical Damage
    • T5: Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    • T6: Master's Blitz, +1 Str

Twists of Fate:
    • T4: Sense Weakness
    • T1: Primal Scream / tunnel vision
    • T1: Unearthly Reactions / Brace for Impact

This is your setup for when you're the main DPSer of the group, or for when you solo. For general raiding, I'd prefer to bring fury if only because of unbridled manyshot.
    Last edited by DarkForte; 04-17-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Solid build.

For cloak, consider a lootgen +10% or +25% exceptional fort item. Especially on a medium HP melee build, extra fort is very good. There's also the Wolf cloaks for a little Seeker, threat reduction, and dodge bonus, but I'm pretty sure exceptional fort would make a bigger difference.

Regarding Trip, it's a check against the higher of Str or Dex rather than against a traditional save. It turns out that this is more difficult to land, and obviously prone isn't as debilitating an effect as stunned. You might be better off tweaking from CE/IT to Toughness/Sap and pumping your Dex or Wis a little higher for saves. Your biggest obstacle to literal self-sufficiency is your Will save, plus you can't get Freedom of Movement scrolls from vendors and there is no Freedom from Dance. In a group this is no big deal.

If you're really set on tactics, you're best off splashing 2 monk and going unarmed, but this is obviously a major change to the build and would compromise your raw DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    Solid build.

For cloak, consider a lootgen +10% or +25% exceptional fort item. Especially on a medium HP melee build, extra fort is very good. There's also the Wolf cloaks for a little Seeker, threat reduction, and dodge bonus, but I'm pretty sure exceptional fort would make a bigger difference.

Regarding Trip, it's a check against the higher of Str or Dex rather than against a traditional save. It turns out that this is more difficult to land, and obviously prone isn't as debilitating an effect as stunned. You might be better off tweaking from CE/IT to Toughness/Sap and pumping your Dex or Wis a little higher for saves. Your biggest obstacle to literal self-sufficiency is your Will save, plus you can't get Freedom of Movement scrolls from vendors and there is no Freedom from Dance. In a group this is no big deal.

If you're really set on tactics, you're best off splashing 2 monk and going unarmed, but this is obviously a major change to the build and would compromise your raw DPS.
    Decent stunning blow dc is non-negotiable to me. Relying on monks or wizards to get sense weakness and combat brute off for max dps isn't going to happen.

Wolf cloak is nearly useless to me since I'm capped out of dodge on heavy armor (and there's no chance in hell I'm crafting another redscale or an emc). I like the thought of having a +25% cloak on as a swap for doing rogue-heavy quests, though, the extra survivability sure outpaces the +8 sa in those cases.

On the trip subject... I'll try to make due with that DC, if I can't I'm probably switching those two and quickdraw for something.
    Last edited by DarkForte; 02-04-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Maybe try running few ToDs if you are close to 20/40 or 800 for a 6wis or 6 charisma/1str ring ? Saving the dopant and slot and you still can use 4 tome too.

Shahang (fvs caster), Bellezza (assassin), Wipekin (monkcher), Farida (air savant), Nezhat (melee) Ghallanda/Devourer

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Maybe try running few ToDs if you are close to 20/40 or 800 for a 6wis or 6 charisma/1str ring ? Saving the dopant and slot and you still can use 4 tome too.
    As much as I'm emotionally attached to my encrusted, this makes a lot of sense for fire savant/warchanter/morgana ring.
    Buy my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    Decent stunning blow dc is non-negotiable to me. Relying on monks or wizards to get sense weakness and combat brute off for max dps isn't going to happen.
    The point of the 2 monk splash is that it doesn't hurt your SB DC but lets you deploy a very effective SF DC on top of it. At 15 to 6 cooldown, the SF gets you a lot more of what you want.