Community Member

Default Subterrane Rares

I am trying to do all the subterrane rares and I can't seem to find a few in the central area (Yes I know sometimes you need to run more than 10 times to find that last rare, but it also helps to know that I am looking in the right place). I am using these maps:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Map_of_The_S...-_Central/Full
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Map_of_The_S...ne_-_East/Full

Which are missing a few portals so I'm not sure they are otherwise complete, or if they are just outdated.

I finely found Kassack home today.

I can't find the spider queen. From the map I would assume she is near Kalbir (and as easy to get to from his location as Baztazudes is).

I can't find Tarethru near the portal exit. Is he a skellatan?

I can't find Nuthdronu on the same level as the bazaar. Or is he on some other level?

I haven't tried the East yet (I forgot how many beholders are in that area and wasn't ready for them). I know from doing Hound that 2 of the rares are not too hard to find, but are the others easy enough to find?

I know that I may be the only person in the last year who is actually trying to find all the rares as opposed to making 1-2 runs to see which rares you might find.

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    I am trying to do all the subterrane rares and I can't seem to find a few in the central area (Yes I know sometimes you need to run more than 10 times to find that last rare, but it also helps to know that I am looking in the right place).
    Have you tried using the runes? Some of them will not spawn until you try to activate the rune near their area. Either they will spawn or a portal to another area will spawn.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Spider Queen is near shrine, one floor below spectre.

Nuthdronu is at bazaar floor. You need activate rune to open one of portals.
    Same with Tarethru.

To get through east, you need WIS and INT to open hound passage.

2014 DDO Players Council

Hello. Glad to see someone else having fun with with rares.

I found all the rares in the game except a few in the King's Forest that are bugged or seem to never spawn.

Not all the rare spawn locations are on that map, and it doesn't make it clear that some of the spawns need a rune activated. I.e., the runes at triangles A, B, F, and G.

I can't find the spider queen. From the map I would assume she is near Kalbir (and as easy to get to from his location as Baztazudes is).
    As someone else said, drop further down, near the shrine.

I can't find Tarethru near the portal exit. Is he a skellatan?
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, I usually find him high up above the Portal to the Battleground. If you found the trog Kass, you were in the right general area, just need to head up a different ramp.

I can't find Nuthdronu on the same level as the bazaar. Or is he on some other level?
    I've never even looked for him there. Activate the runes at triangle G and triangle B on the map, and he might spawn for you.

Make like your running to the VoD raid.......after you kill that small batch of trogs there should be a rune right past the doorway.......Nuthdronu can spawn there....I did all 5000 Sub-T slayers...and he actually spawned there quite a bit.

You have to make sure you turn back around and activate the rune and fight up on that ledge before jumping down into the area that leads to VoD.

In actuality I think it's a portal not a doorway...and it's not listed on that map.

approximate locations...oops typo...you get it tho

Last edited by vVvAiaynAvVv; 01-31-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Scratt for president!!!!

Community Member

From my continuing experience it seems that several of the rares can appear from any of several portals. On different runs I have had Nothdronu and Baztazazudes appear from the same portal.

A still haven't seen Tarethru, nor thhe spider queen, but I do regularly find a bunch of spiders near the shrine.

Just keep going thru there...you will get them all eventually......I think I was maybe at 4000+ out of 5000 slayers before Tarethru even popped the first time for me....he didn't like to spawn.

That happenes a lot tho....at least we have the instance reset button now which helps speed things along if your solo'ing

BTW, if you happen to be on Argo I can take you thru a run this weekend maybe.......actually I have a level 20 on just about all servers save Cannith but they are nowhere near as strong as my main....which is my PM on Argo....so I am not sure I would do quite as well on any of those

Scratt for president!!!!

I think if the icy got a push it could give white dragonscale a run again.