Community Member

Default A new way to run ABBOT

Simple: 6 ppl, 2 on each door

Disvantages:
    - need to know all puzzles or yu are completely useless
    - some ppl could be scared even if they know all just coz is new tactic (not really new, but few ppl know it)

Advantages:
    - need just 6 ppl insted of a 8-10 like standard
    - noobs hardly would join, than no more roids wipe
    - double drop rate since yu can bring 6 bots (looting characters)
    - if wipe yu know exactly who is on fault
    - if this would became the new standard, ppl would became better on puzzles and abbot will be an EASY raid
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

Scouts: Person1(L), Person2(R) / Ice->Roids: Person3 / Goggles: Person4

PS: Suicide as needed...

Mesmerita 8)

Community Member

In that way person 3 must be really fast, never tried before?

With 4 ppl yu can: 3 scout and 4th to goggles, but roid throuer must be really good, no problems on normal, but on hard...

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

with invisible roids, indestructible roids, and roid lag, there will never be a 'Simple' Abbot. You take your chances each time you step in. And for what? no ML Strider? A couple of other obsolete lootz?

Don't get me wrong, I do like the raid, but it needs fixed desperately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    with invisible roids, indestructible roids, and roid lag, there will never be a 'Simple' Abbot. You take your chances each time you step in. And for what? no ML Strider? A couple of other obsolete lootz?

Don't get me wrong, I do like the raid, but it needs fixed desperately.
    Vile Blasphemy is and always will be a great piece of loot for all blue bars to carry around. Noxious Embers also is a GREAT clickie. Staff of the Petitioner is a great TR item, so is the Circle of Hatred (who doesn't like a +5 Resist item on a ring?)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameDiablo View Post
    Simple: 6 ppl, 2 on each door

- need just 6 ppl insted of a 8-10 like standard
    - noobs hardly would join, than no more roids wipe
    - double drop rate since yu can bring 6 bots (looting characters)
    - if this would became the new standard, ppl would became better on puzzles and abbot will be an EASY raid
    So...you never have noobs join, you only bring 6 people and 6 'bots', this becomes the standard...how then do you expect anyone to learn it to become better on puzzles?
    Horcarella, Leader of Under Estimated <25 ftr/TR>; Dramamama <25 monk/TR>; Greenadine <25 rogue/TR>; Greenwidow <20 wiz/TR>; Lagspikes <12 ftr/6 rgr/2 mnk> and various/sundry first lifers.

.....indestructible roids......
    This the the real niggle at the moment, I've seen 3 people all throw a rock each at the same 'roid at the same time and I still had to throw another to destroy it. Considering the best way to do 'roids has always been standing on the edge facing inwards and shooting behind the one opposite you meaning there's usually 1-2 people seeing each direction, a 'roid requiring 3 or more hits is going to be a problem, more-so if someone is new to the raid.

Fix, fix, fix.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    This the the real niggle at the moment, I've seen 3 people all throw a rock each at the same 'roid at the same time and I still had to throw another to destroy it. Considering the best way to do 'roids has always been standing on the edge facing inwards and shooting behind the one opposite you meaning there's usually 1-2 people seeing each direction, a 'roid requiring 3 or more hits is going to be a problem, more-so if someone is new to the raid.

Fix, fix, fix.
    A simple fix would be to just allow healing in the roids room. But that may make it an auto-complete i guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Roids:

Aim for the bottom and try to hit them as soon as they appear.

This room could use some work but considering how many times
    the raid has been broken I'm hesitant to suggest doing anything
    to it.

It's really not that big a deal to train new people and have them
    do any task. It does take a bit of time but the investment is worth
    it for me.

Goggles is the "hard" puzzle on my server and last night we were
    able to turn it over to people who had not done it often and they
    did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    Roids:

Aim for the bottom and try to hit them as soon as they appear.

This room could use some work but considering how many times
    the raid has been broken I'm hesitant to suggest doing anything
    to it.

It's really not that big a deal to train new people and have them
    do any task. It does take a bit of time but the investment is worth
    it for me.

Goggles is the "hard" puzzle on my server and last night we were
    able to turn it over to people who had not done it often and they
    did just fine.
    Interesting, we call goggles, "tiles" on that puzzle. It's interesting to see the different server's take on things.

Even how end fight is run can vary from server to server.

The names on wheel puzzles, nicknames/shortnames for quest are sometimes different.

Community Member

with invisible roids, indestructible roids, and roid lag, there will never be a 'Simple' Abbot. You take your chances each time you step in. And for what? no ML Strider? A couple of other obsolete lootz?.
    Roids is not hard as ppl think, i never failed to duo with a good partner, the trik? don't use dx12 and ceck if yur roid destroy the target and if not move a bit and try again, and of course a lot of pratice

Obsolete? Endless SP from blasphemy, cliky discount like litany and noxius, free stats from otherway useless slot from quiver and good items for TR like staff will never be useless. ABBOT will never be obsolete, is yu think it and play caster yu should review your template

Quote Originally Posted by quietkey0 View Post
    So...you never have noobs join, you only bring 6 people and 6 'bots', this becomes the standard...how then do you expect anyone to learn it to become better on puzzles?
    This is a good question:

Now: always the same ppl do puzzles than noobs don't need to learn and pike, result? a lot of ppl with 20+ completions that r still useless

With my method (i hope): noobs cannot join until they become useful, than they run instructional runs (only way to learn good this raid) and become good

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Interesting, we call goggles, "tiles" on that puzzle. It's interesting to see the different server's take on things.

Even how end fight is run can vary from server to server.

The names on wheel puzzles, nicknames/shortnames for quest are sometimes different.

My server is "special".

We even play baseball backwards.

New? No, not new. Abbot's always been the, "Know it, No Noobs allowed, Know a puzzle" and "No one else is joining, let's shortman," raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    My server is "special".

We even play baseball backwards.
    Wow that is special. Kind of makes sense though, unless fascinated the Base 2's sometimes get a little charred on their backsides, plus it gives that poor solo caster more time to do what they are doing on base 3(your base 1)... hmmm

Community Member

I agree but setting 3 scouts instead of standard 2 is enought to cause panic and terror in the party

A couple of times I have run the raid by assigning four people to each door regardless of what puzzle is on the other side. The raid completed both times but I did get some complaints from the guildies who had to share a puzzle with puggers.

On Thelanis there is a strong tradition of PUG Abbots. The failure rate fluctuates but even with the bugs currently affecting the roids puzzle the failure rate is well below 50%.
    Formal of Renowned of Thelanis
    ~ Reform ~ Donna ~ Transform ~ Swarf ~ Formulae ~ Glen ~ Informal ~ Forms ~ Seb ~ Malform ~ Irk ~ Formidable ~ Rap ~

Meh. Hardcore is 4 man pug abbots.

Which I have (unsuccessfully) tried once. It even filled up to 6-10 people and we tried like 3-4 more times, but roids kept on wiping.

Community Member

well with actual asteroids situation, I dont think 2 men roids puzzle is viable.
    You can succed, but its very unlikely.
    I am still for the full raid runs
    Cannith Server. Member of Alleanza degli uomini liberi.

udorico-malodei-duenote-ossobuco

Community Member

I never failed a 2 man roids, 4 man a lot of times instead, for a simple reason: noobs r scared by 2 man roids and dn't join, than roids become easy

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    A couple of times I have run the raid by assigning four people to each door regardless of what puzzle is on the other side. The raid completed both times but I did get some complaints from the guildies who had to share a puzzle with puggers.

On Thelanis there is a strong tradition of PUG Abbots. The failure rate fluctuates but even with the bugs currently affecting the roids puzzle the failure rate is well below 50%.
    Abbot should pretty much never fail post-U14 short of someone grabbing both pairs of goggles and then drowning himself in ice (yes, that happened). Characters are so powerful relative to the raid that it's easy to just beat the Abbot down as many times as is necessary for puzzles to succeed.

Though I guess calling a wipe on elite is fine, since it takes so much longer to beat him down.