Default Momentm swing/Lay waste bug

I've already bug reported this, spoke of it before, yada yada but it still seems to fall on deaf ears, so I'll try this section to get dev attention.

When a cleave resets my momentum swing and when a momentum swing resets my lay waste, sometimes the ability does NO DAMAGE but only shows the animation.

You can reinforce this by using resetted MS/LW's to charge your blitz for example, and they don't add to the counter because they aren't actually there. When they are, they add to the counter.

You can also reinforce this by using the appropriate trigger, seeing the momentum swing or lay waste appear colored again (suggesting its ready for use) but a subsequent tactic or cleave places it right back on the cooldown timer it was on before.

This doesn't happen to 100% of them, some actually work - but the majority in my experience are fake resets and its incredibly annoying when you plan on using it and it does nothing.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

i have noticed the same thing it is like a 1 time use then nothing thought it was just me

Wish this got more attention.

Devs, please spend more than 10 seconds trying to repro this, its very annoying.
    YouTube Channel HERE

It is related to the long known desync bug which affects every player activated action that has cooldowns. The fake resets seem to be specific to these though
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    It is related to the long known desync bug which affects every player activated action that has cooldowns. The fake resets seem to be specific to these though
    Except hitting the action boost again makes it work. There's nothing that I can do to make these fake resets work.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    I've already bug reported this, spoke of it before, yada yada but it still seems to fall on deaf ears, so I'll try this section to get dev attention.

When a cleave resets my momentum swing and when a momentum swing resets my lay waste, sometimes the ability does NO DAMAGE but only shows the animation.

You can reinforce this by using resetted MS/LW's to charge your blitz for example, and they don't add to the counter because they aren't actually there. When they are, they add to the counter.

You can also reinforce this by using the appropriate trigger, seeing the momentum swing or lay waste appear colored again (suggesting its ready for use) but a subsequent tactic or cleave places it right back on the cooldown timer it was on before.

This doesn't happen to 100% of them, some actually work - but the majority in my experience are fake resets and its incredibly annoying when you plan on using it and it does nothing.
    I noticed it as well: sometimes the animation for momentum swing and laywaste starts but there's no effect on the target.

This bug is quite dangerous: last time i was tanking the abishai in EE chrono i couldn't see that almost all my moment swings were going to waste. Loosing momentum swing means to loose a lot of DPS and aggro as well.

Usually when i manage to understand that momentum is not working i try to move away from the target then re-engage him in melee: moving in and out from the target looks like to avoid bugging it again.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Question any news on this?

Sorry for thread necro, but it's been a year and it's not even in known issues. I find this bug super annoying to the point I almost stop playing melees (and I actually like melee).

Can it please at least be commented on by devs?

Quote Originally Posted by amtoru View Post
    Sorry for thread necro, but it's been a year and it's not even in known issues. I find this bug super annoying to the point I almost stop playing melees (and I actually like melee).Can it please at least be commented on by devs?
    Can the horrible animation drag on Momentum swing be fixed for TWF users as well, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

This hasn't been fixed yet. Would be nice to get a fix for it as Momentum Swing it's a great part of THF DPS.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    This hasn't been fixed yet. Would be nice to get a fix for it as Momentum Swing it's a great part of THF DPS.

yep fix it pls
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Unhappy Please have a look into this because it's still bugged on live

As per title, MS fake resets still exist. Please have a look into it.

Yup. This bug is still around. It's quite a big one.

Community Member

Not a fix, but might help some people. I tend to put a regular swing in between my cleaves and MS/LW. If the reset was a fake reset, the cooldown timer will reshow on the regular swing, thus telling me that MS/LW did not reset, allowing me to go back to the top of my sequence again. Like I said, should not have to do this, and not a fix, just how I avoid using MS/LW when they are still on timer....

are players having this bug with two whepon,or all fightin styles???? I have had no problem with two handed dread (unfortunately my fury dosent register the xtra damage 400 percent,sent bug report ..nothing)

Community Member

Default ranged bugs too

i can't count how many times my rogue has fired three rounds down range with zero effect, no miss or damage notification at all, as if i never pulled the trigger....but it still eats my ammo. luckily I can usually skip out of harms way to fire again, but it is annoying to spend gold on ammo that disappears into vapor; especially when it's 99% certain to hit the target and pricey to buy.

I completely stopped playing my archer because of a similar bug... Hitting slayer arrow then lagging/running in place not getting a single point of damage. I don't have high hopes about such bugs getting a fix.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----