Community Member

Default Lordsmarch Repeat?

Hello. I just completed the Assault on Stormreach series of 4 quests (ending in Siegebreaker) and was looking for a Mark in the chests/ reward list. Unfortunately I didn't find it. According to the wiki,
    NOTE: Named items that can appear on this quest arc's end reward list will have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc.
    This adventure pack contains 2 groups of quests, the first 3 seem to be their own story arc.

And these 4 - Assault on Summerfield, Blockade Buster, Undermine & SiegeBreaker (SB) seem to be another arc. The wiki also says that 3 of these 4 can be completed initially in any order, but must all be done to 'flag' you for SB. My question is this: once I have flagged myself for SB, do I need to repeat the other 3 quests to get the Arc End Reward 100% option or just SB? If I do need to complete them, do they have to be done before I repeat SB? As far as I can tell from the npcs, once I have completed the chain the first time, any of the 4 npcs will allow me to repeat their quest regardless what else I have repeated.

If you have repeated this chain and gotten the chain reward list again, please share your experiences. Thank you in advance.

You need to repeat those second set of 4 quests to complete the arc your 3 times.
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

talk to the guy in the plaza(not palace) and tell him "repeat assault on summerfield story arc" that allows you, once you do the 4 quests(ending in siegebreaker) to pick the end reward, that includes nameds(always), some mark(sometimes) and trash

if you want Tzaryan Rrac or Bal Molesh, simply do siegebreaker, that marks drop pretty easily(and siegebreaker has enough chests) and if you want Sheshka do blockade... 6 chests for 1 mark

the trouble is that sheshka seems to have a lower drop, while Rhesh Turakbar drops quite often(at least 1/run lol), like other 2
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

You may repeat Seige Breaker over and over without reflagging. However, if you want the guaranteed list of items for 3rd completion, you must redo the flagging quests.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    You may repeat Seige Breaker over and over without reflagging. However, if you want the guaranteed list of items for 3rd completion, you must redo the flagging quests.
    I think that is clearer if it reads, You may repeat Siege Breaker over and over without reflagging. However, if you want the guaranteed list of items for 3rd completion, you must redo the last 4 quests.

No need to do the first 3 lower level quests over again.

BTW, doing them once on each difficulty level for the XP magically gets you to 3 completions.

the 3rd completion list for that chain is applied to the actual chain quest
    not the individual quest
    so you have to do the entire chain 3 times (by picking up the chain quest from the half orc each time) to get that 3rd completion list
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    so you have to do the entire chain 3 times (by picking up the chain quest from the half orc each time) to get that 3rd completion list
    I haven't tested this on this particular chain. But, generally this is not required. Most of the time, if you just go pick up the quests from the quest giver; do the 3 flagging quests first in any order; do the final quest as the last one in the sequence -- then you can go talk to the story arc NPC and still pick up your end reward.

I'll go test it out later tonight if I get the chance (or if someone doesn't correct me before then).

Community Member

Thanks for the responses. While I would agree that doing them once on each difficulty for the xp would "magically" get me the 3 completions, I'm farming it on my 25 arty, so not much xp Trying to get together some gear for my up * coming druid atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    I haven't tested this on this particular chain. But, generally this is not required. Most of the time, if you just go pick up the quests from the quest giver; do the 3 flagging quests first in any order; do the final quest as the last one in the sequence -- then you can go talk to the story arc NPC and still pick up your end reward.

I'll go test it out later tonight if I get the chance (or if someone doesn't correct me before then).
    i didn't mean talking to the guy after every quest completion xD
    i meant talking to him to pick up the chain quest

and yes, you can pick up the chain quest, do all four quests, then talk to him for reward
    i've been doing that
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    if you want Tzaryan Rrac or Bal Molesh, simply do siegebreaker, that marks drop pretty easily(and siegebreaker has enough chests) and if you want Sheshka do blockade... 6 chests for 1 mark
    I believe Mark of Sheshka only drops in Captain Bash's chest. I never saw it in any other.

One time I needed Mark of Sheshka, I would start the quest on elite, go to rightmost ship, kill Bash, open chest, recall, reset. Took a few tries.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"