Default Healing Amp Argument

Could you guys please settle a minor argument, it's trivial, but funny.

If a character has no healing amplification, what PERCENTAGE healing amplification do you have?

If you have a 20% item, and 20% in enhancements, what percentage healing amplification do you have?
    Last edited by psymun; 01-29-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    Dynacel (12 Pal/6 Rgr/2 Mnk), Eminence (18 Evoker FvS/2 Mnk), Janaya (12 Mnk, 6 Rgr, 2 Ftr Arcane Archer), Nymari (18/2 Druid Monk), Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

Depends how you look at it. Most people would probably call no heal amp 0%, but it makes the math a bit easier to call it 100%. To avoid confusion, a good approach may be to call it +0% HA. So your example of 20 and 20 would make +44% HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestriel View Post
    Depends how you look at it. Most people would probably call no heal amp 0%, but it makes the math a bit easier to call it 100%. To avoid confusion, a good approach may be to call it +0% HA. So your example of 20 and 20 would make +44% HA.
    How does 20+20 = 44?

Heal amp stacks multiplicatively, not additively. 20% HA increases a 100 point heal to 120. Another 20% multiplies on top of the 120, not the original 100, for 120*1.2=144

This may be helpful:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Healing_Amplification
    Last edited by Vestriel; 01-29-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psymun View Post

If a character has no healing amplification, what PERCENTAGE healing amplification do you have?

If you have a 20% item, and 20% in enhancements, what percentage healing amplification do you have?
    1)0% amplification, 100% efficiency assuming no penalties.

2) Depends on the enhancements.

if a character has no healing amplification, what percentage healing amplification do you have?
    0%

if you have a 20% item, and 20% in enhancements, what percentage healing amplification do you have?
    45.2%

EDIT: Actually, I don't know. Thinking about a warforged I might say 80% amp, not -20%. So I don't think I adhere to an internally consistent scale.

Community Member

Too bad that healing amp enhancements are crazy expensive. On my rogue / monk I tried out taking all scroll enhancements plus two 10% heal amp enhancements, plus Jidz bracers with sun stance and I was able to scroll heal myself for 319 which I liked a lot. I currently removed them for the final 4 AP sneak damage instead, but my heal scrolls dropped to only 255 in sun stance. Id rather have the two 10% amp enhancements instead now. I could also try and add one 20% amp enhancement as well, but Id have to drop my 4 ranks in haggle

Heal amp stacks multiplicatively, not additively. 20% HA increases a 100 point heal to 120. Another 20% multiplies on top of the 120, not the original 100, for 120*1.2=144
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    2) Depends on the enhancements.
    Enhancements (Monk, Human, Hunter of the Dead, whatever) are now individually multiplicative. So Human Improved Recovery III is now 1.1*1.1*1.1=33.1%. The only additive healing amp left is from pally past lives.

It is suspected that this change happened the last time they fixed healer's friend.

I recently figured out how healing amp had been changed, and posted a thread showing the new math.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405509

in your example

100% = base amp
    two tiers of human or monk recovery is actually calculated as 2 multiplicative 10% bonuses, ie 10% * 10%
    the item is a further multiplicative 20% boost.

The calculation reads like this

100 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.2 = 145.2% total heal amp.

I would however assume that he probably has access to a guild ship 10% shrine too.

that'd read

100 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.2 = 159.72%

0% amp
    100% efficiency

just personal preferences
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

eh, while we talking about Healing amp. here's my idea.
    Dear devs and citizens of Stormreach, What about improving most useless skill of ddo with healing amp?

We can improve Heal skill with %0.1 heal amp for each number which is stack with any other healing amp. sources.
    so, ie %1 for 10 heal skills or 87 heal skills for %8.7 amplification.

Proudly Member of DDO:EU Community, Member of legendary ex-guild: Disorganized Chaos,
    the Crabslayer, always high Dwarf from Mountains of Immerth

Somewhere around 'Not Enough' %.
    Forcin - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Rygard View Post
    eh, while we talking about Healing amp. here's my idea.
    Dear devs and citizens of Stormreach, What about improving most useless skill of ddo with healing amp?

We can improve Heal skill with %0.1 heal amp for each number which is stack with any other healing amp. sources.
    so, ie %1 for 10 heal skills or 87 heal skills for %8.7 amplification.
    Ah! and also same for repair skills about incoming repearing spells/effects too.

Proudly Member of DDO:EU Community, Member of legendary ex-guild: Disorganized Chaos,
    the Crabslayer, always high Dwarf from Mountains of Immerth

This may be helpful:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Healing_Amplification
    Makes sense to me.

The more seperate healing amp, (HA), buffs the better.

Paly past life('s).

Gear.

Ship buffs.

Other.

If we are talking about the base being 0 or 100 percent depending on how we look at it. What minus to that base do Warforge have from the start? And what do their healing amp enhancements add since they obviously start at a negative to begin with.
    Last edited by Zorth; 01-30-2013 at 01:21 AM. Reason: I like math.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

Its all got to do with the use of the '+' sign. If I had a healing amp ship boost only then I'd have 110% amp or +10% amp. A Warforged starts off with 50% amp or -50%. I much prefer the 100% as base, as it is easier to explain to someone the maths of healing amp stacking with multipliers instead of additions.