Thread: EAGA Slots

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

Default EAGA Slots

Hi All,

I finally got my Antique Greataxe Shard for my Barb so i'm after a little advice.

What to slot? It's already metaline and good aligned, but what else do you guys slot on yours?

Cheers,

Dex
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

I would probably wait for the next update to slot +1d10 damage of one specific element.

https://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=404669
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Quote Originally Posted by Dexol View Post
    Hi All,

I finally got my Antique Greataxe Shard for my Barb so i'm after a little advice.

What to slot? It's already metaline and good aligned, but what else do you guys slot on yours?

Cheers,

Dex
    Wait until U17 and add something like additional additional damage (1d10 of say electric) or like I did to mine a million years ago - +7.

I'd second waiting for the next update. Personally, since I'm going to be using mine on a battlecleric, I intend to slot devotion in it
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

currently the only thing worth slotting on a eAGA is +7

that will change when U17 goes live, as you'll then be able to slot it with up to +1d10 elemental damage

edit: triple ninja, nice
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Dexol View Post
    Hi All,

I finally got my Antique Greataxe Shard for my Barb ...
    I hate you

btw, is Unearthed Arcana still going? I was a member of that guild on Keeper;
    think Prinol(sp?) was leader?

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

Was thinking the same but was wondering if their was something uber I was missing that might get pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    I hate you

btw, is Unearthed Arcana still going? I was a member of that guild on Keeper;
    think Prinol(sp?) was leader?
    That's a long memory, Stuart (Prin) hasn't played for ages, we are still ticking along with 5-6 of us although the recent renown change kinda slowed us down from a tick to a crawl :/
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

I've heard of people slotting crystal in it, but that may not be a wise investment at this point.

+1 exceptional strength is good in the colorless slot if you do not have that anywhere else.

Doesn't 1d10 elemental damage seem like an epic version of the 1 force damage from the stone of change?

Actually, it might even be considerably less, percentage wise, when you compare it to an EE mobs health vs. 1 force damage to a kobold in elite WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    currently the only thing worth slotting on a eAGA is +7

that will change when U17 goes live, as you'll then be able to slot it with up to +1d10 elemental damage

edit: triple ninja, nice
    I was thinking about this earlier, having just made an epic Antique Greataxe, and I thought the upgrade from +6 to +7 was so trivial that obviously the 1d10 elemental damage is way better. Except it really isn't much better at all, and could possibly be worse.

1d10 averages out to 5 damage. The +7 will only get you an extra 1 every swing. So simple right? 1d10 wins.

Except what about on a held/stunned mob... you get 1.5x weapon damage... so that 1 becomes a 1.5. If you were cleaving on a helpless mob that'd be another 1.5x damage, so it'd be 2. Therefore when you crit while cleaving a held mob you'd get an extra 6 damage. Except there are many ways to increase your crit multiplier, so it could be 8, 10, or even 12 extra on a crit.

I'm not saying the +7 is catagorically better than 1d10 elemental. However, if the 1d10 is better it is only ever so slightly better. They should scrap all the plans they have right now for the augment crystals entirely before it ever gets put into motion.

Take the min level 24 option (1d10 elemental) and make that the no min level option and work your way up from there.

At epic levels you should be able to choose stunning 15, vertigo 15, nightmares, improved paralyzing... basically a real honest to goodness EPIC level augment. Not some lame, weak, trivial 1d10 damage at level 24 where melee are critting for several thousand and it takes quite a few crits to take down an EE mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    1d10 damage at level 24 where melee are critting for several thousand and it takes quite a few crits to take down an EE mob.
    Actually, this does put some perspective on it...

If that 1d10 was actually a "<damage type> burst", it would be fine. Though, as it is, maybe those d10s are worth on handwraps, for example?

Also, I can see those being useful on weapons like Tier 3 alchemical - on the same element.
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

I was thinking about this earlier, having just made an epic Antique Greataxe, and I thought the upgrade from +6 to +7 was so trivial that obviously the 1d10 elemental damage is way better. Except it really isn't much better at all, and could possibly be worse.

1d10 averages out to 5 damage. The +7 will only get you an extra 1 every swing. So simple right? 1d10 wins.

Except what about on a held/stunned mob... you get 1.5x weapon damage... so that 1 becomes a 1.5. If you were cleaving on a helpless mob that'd be another 1.5x damage, so it'd be 2. Therefore when you crit while cleaving a held mob you'd get an extra 6 damage. Except there are many ways to increase your crit multiplier, so it could be 8, 10, or even 12 extra on a crit.

I'm not saying the +7 is catagorically better than 1d10 elemental. However, if the 1d10 is better it is only ever so slightly better. They should scrap all the plans they have right now for the augment crystals entirely before it ever gets put into motion.

Take the min level 24 option (1d10 elemental) and make that the no min level option and work your way up from there.

At epic levels you should be able to choose stunning 15, vertigo 15, nightmares, improved paralyzing... basically a real honest to goodness EPIC level augment. Not some lame, weak, trivial 1d10 damage at level 24 where melee are critting for several thousand and it takes quite a few crits to take down an EE mob.
    Sorry but you math got off when you brought up cleave. Cleave only modifies the damage die. Ie. 2d20 becomes 3d20 for cleave. The damage mod is not effected during cleave.

Also the 1d10 is multiplied also on a stunned enemy. 5×1.5 = 7.5 which is an average increase of 2.5 over just. 5 from +1 boost. The boost though helps with attack but with the new system that +1 is next to meaningless.

Should the effects be different then just 1d10 for ml 24? Maybe. However, with how it looks for revamp you can slot appropriate element damage before each fight (maybe will be public areas only, but who knows until live) .
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Don't forget your extra point of hardness, that's important!