Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Epic Elite Druids

So I have seen a lot of cool builds on this forum geared to EE quests, and I have seen a number of great players dominate EE quests on various builds. On thing I have not seen is druid builds intended on EE quests or druids dominating EE.

So have any of you ever sean any druids perform really well in EE? If so please share your stories or builds.

Yes they are great both as melee and caster. Very versatile.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    Yes they are great both as melee and caster. Very versatile.
    the epicness of this story is in the details, expand!

I would imagine they work very well, although I haven't tried it myself. One issue I had with druids in general was the fact that reincarnate has such a long cast time. If the rest of the party was dead and we were in a fight, even with quicken on I couldn't get anyone up.

I want to make a druid for epic content at some point, and I'm toying around with the idea of going h-elf and taking cleric dilantee for the raise dead scroll usage, or ramping up my UMD. I'm leaning towards the h-elf approach to be honest, because otherwise I'd need to use up stats and skill points.

The other thing I wonder about is taking two levels of monk for the evasion. That's more of a personal thing, I hate having no evasion. However, I'm not sure I want to take the sp hit or lose out on capstone. I'd probably stay pure, but it would be interesting to play around with.

On a side note, I saw someone who played close to an even split of druid and monk, melee based. I wonder how that would go? It looked fun, but spells wouldn't be very good.
    Check out my new blog/website. I'm a gamer girl at heart and I'm here to stay

Default Not sure about Druids in EE but....

considering the Shears of Fate exploit I hold ANY achievement post of "dominating EE content" to be suspect.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    considering the Shears of Fate exploit I hold ANY achievement post of "dominating EE content" to be suspect.
    Dominating EE without Shears isn't hard...it's just that scrubs that have to use Shears to do good in EE soloing cast doubt on those of us who don't. >_<
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Well here is story for you:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390912

This is a caster druid build very well explained.
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    the epicness of this story is in the details, expand!
    Well they have powerful crowd control that mostly ignores spell resistance, as well as a great mix of divine support spells. As far as casting goes they are definitely more powerful than bards but less buff-oriented and more damage oriented. They can heighten up to level 9 which is great.

For melees, winter wolf form lets you take all the die step increases for handwraps and apply them to a 1d10 base, so you can end up with something like 9d10 17-20 x3 which is huge, plus get to use stances and ki strikes.

Again EE performance mostly depends on player skill, and gear contributes as much as build. So gear up and max those DCs.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Dominating EE without Shears isn't hard...it's just that scrubs that have to use Shears to do good in EE soloing cast doubt on those of us who don't. >_<
    Have you done it? Do you have any guildies that do manage it? Please share your experiences and/or builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post
    Well here is story for you:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390912

This is a caster druid build very well explained.
    This is intact the ONLY EE showing that a druid has done. A closer look at this build shows a strong EH build but in EE the DC's are missing and there is a heavy reliance on a single epic destiny. Now, that said, its a great example of what a druid can do, I want to see more of these things. The more "hey check out what my epic druid can do" the better druids will be.

Again EE performance mostly depends on player skill, and gear contributes as much as build. So gear up and max those DCs.
    These are great points on what a druid has potential of doing. Earthquake is amazing CC and druids can build insane weapon damage stats. However, these things are currently numbers, I haven't seen many people showing these things in action.

All you uber epic elite druids come out of the wood work and let us learn from you, and worship your feets! Arcane archers where mostly a nich flavor build until people started posting various kill bosses in 10 second video clips. Now they are much much more mainstream. I don't want to see druid run the way of bards.

Have you done it? Do you have any guildies that do manage it? Please share your experiences and/or builds.
    Not as a druid - I'm just saying those that use shears pollute the waters in general for those that don't. I can't get into druid enough to cap one, but outside of two quests I've attempted to solo so far, they've been fairly easy on EE with simple tactics and being careful.

I'd think an EE druid would be best built around DPS with master's blitz running, at least for soloing, though - else a shiradi build could be powerful, but I odn't know what low-cost procs a druid has.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

These are great points on what a druid has potential of doing. Earthquake is amazing CC and druids can build insane weapon damage stats. However, these things are currently numbers, I haven't seen many people showing these things in action.

All you uber epic elite druids come out of the wood work and let us learn from you, and worship your feets! Arcane archers where mostly a nich flavor build until people started posting various kill bosses in 10 second video clips. Now they are much much more mainstream. I don't want to see druid run the way of bards.
    First, AAs were far from obscure before the dps video. Second, making videos is a lot of work. I think most of us would rather just use that time to play more. There are some things where 'a picture is worth a thousand words' (I've made some videos in these cases) but showing big numbers floating around isn't one of them. Some people who find great builds prefer to keep them quiet for fear of the nerf hammer.

Some people who find great builds prefer to keep them quiet for fear of the nerf hammer.
    This says it all. Do check out the Markey build. I, personally, would not take the Enlarge feat, but it is a great read, and a good place to start.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    Do check out the Markey build. I, personally, would not take the Enlarge feat, but it is a great read, and a good place to start.
    At this point, the Markey build is the ONLY epic elite druid that posts good results. What happened to the 9druid/9monk/2? builds that were gonna get 1k dps/sec? Did anyone make and play a druid like that? how do they fair? I'm trying to encourage more EE druids to come out of the woodwork for other up-and-coming druids to look to.

At this point, the Markey build is the ONLY epic elite druid that posts good results. What happened to the 9druid/9monk/2? builds that were gonna get 1k dps/sec? Did anyone make and play a druid like that? how do they fair? I'm trying to encourage more EE druids to come out of the woodwork for other up-and-coming druids to look to.
    There's at least one of those on Argo that I know of. There's also an 8 drd / 12 mnk split. At least on paper they seem to be pretty awesome builds. Why not play around and experiment? The basic idea for these is already known (winter wolf dps).

I play caster/healer druids. I love my druids, but, I can only speak to those. There are a few on Orien like you describe. But, suspiciously, even though some of those people frequent the forums, none have spoken up.

*crickets*

You can take the silence as either:
    1) they fear the nerf hammer
    2) the builds did not live up to expectations
    3) they are having too much fun to take time to post.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    1) they fear the nerf hammer
    2) the builds did not live up to expectations
    3) they are having too much fun to take time to post.
    I hope its #3!

I have a 17druid/3monk split that's caster focused, after I gear em ill see how they perform. PS, gearing a druid is a *****!

I saw a druid in Epic Elite totally dominate the mobs. He was a Water Elemental caster, he dropped down a sleet storm and earth quake and immobilized most of the mobs. I was stunned. Not only that, he was also healing great once I got overwhelmed by mobs and had died.

He was in Draconic Incarnate as well - so his spell DPS was good as well.

He was an 18/2 Druid/Monk using a Staff, IIRC.
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Pewf - Koeta

While I absolutely loved playing my 18 druid / 2 monk completionist, I found that at times (i.e. ee high road), it just wasn't performing as well as I would like. While I found that the 2 monk was very useful (evasion), it was affecting the dc enough in epic elite, that I am unsure if the 2 monk was really worth it. Right now, I am giving her a few more lives (cause I was also getting bored with endgame) but I will be back for her third druid life. I am inclined right now to go pure for her next druid life.

The build mentioned earlier is a good starting point for druid, though i would likely max out wisdom.

Shalera
    Shalera Dagen - Triple Completionist life 40 (+ ??? epic) - it is too hard to keep track of the epic lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Pewf View Post
    I saw a druid in Epic Elite totally dominate the mobs. He was a Water Elemental caster, he dropped down a sleet storm and earth quake and immobilized most of the mobs. I was stunned. Not only that, he was also healing great once I got overwhelmed by mobs and had died.

He was in Draconic Incarnate as well - so his spell DPS was good as well.

He was an 18/2 Druid/Monk using a Staff, IIRC.
    This is a great combo for druids, but i wonder about the destiny choice, energy burst is a charisma/int save. When I was trying it out in EH I would get quite a few saves. When I get a chance i think ill try out earthquake + ice storm in shari champion see how that works out for damage. Anyone have any experience with storm rage - tear 3 ability from primal - and how it interacts with earthquake?

Justme:
    How was your 2 monk splash affecting DC's? wouldnt the wisdom stance from monk midigate the loss of the capstone? Also were you playing a caster druid? What was so fun about it?

other thoughts:
    I have been playing around with heightened snare in EE and while its no web it seams to preform fairly well. How have you fellow druids been maximizing your damage?

Community Member

I tested shiradi with ice storm: it procs once (maybe twice) in the 30 seconds duration of an ice storm. really pathetic... leave shirady for magic missile users
    Last edited by Michele; 03-13-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast