Community Member

Default Random loot handwraps not stacking with Tod ring?

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the deal was here. I know that Crafted wraps were borked at one point but I never heard of random loot handwraps having issues.

I have a ToD ring with HB on it. I also have a set of handraps that are +4 Holy of Absolute Law. For some reason the ToD ring is not stacking with these wraps. However..it *is* stacking with other wraps I have that are a bit older. For example I have a set of +1 Holy of GEOB and that ToD ring stacks nicely. The only difference I see between the two is that the +4 wraps have been icy bursted and the +1 wraps have not....and as stated previously, the GEOB are much older.

I have tried swapping the ring in and out and the wraps in and out to no avail. Anyone else having issues?

Thanks in advance....

One more thing...on the +4 wraps I *am* getting the HB on crit and the standard Holy damage...but nothing else. Essentially these are HB of Absolute Law wraps when they are equipped. They *should* be Holy, Holy Burst, of Absolute Law.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering what the deal was here. I know that Crafted wraps were borked at one point but I never heard of random loot handwraps having issues.

I have a ToD ring with HB on it. I also have a set of handraps that are +4 Holy of Absolute Law. For some reason the ToD ring is not stacking with these wraps. However..it *is* stacking with other wraps I have that are a bit older. For example I have a set of +1 Holy of GEOB and that ToD ring stacks nicely. The only difference I see between the two is that the +4 wraps have been icy bursted and the +1 wraps have not....and as stated previously, the GEOB are much older.

I have tried swapping the ring in and out and the wraps in and out to no avail. Anyone else having issues?

Thanks in advance....

One more thing...on the +4 wraps I *am* getting the HB on crit and the standard Holy damage...but nothing else. Essentially these are HB of Absolute Law wraps when they are equipped. They *should* be Holy, Holy Burst, of Absolute Law.
    I believe many have noted that the ToD ring's Holy Burst does not stack with Holy effects. I don't know if this is working as intended or a long standing bug.

See the DDO Wiki page that states from a dev that your combination should work:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Incredible_Potential
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Community Member

I believe many have noted that the ToD ring's Holy Burst does not stack with Holy effects. I don't know if this is working as intended or a long standing bug.
    No..it works with certain wraps and not with others. Like I said...on my Holy of GEOB it stacks. I am getting Holy+Holy(Burst on crit)+GEOB on every strike. I also have Holy Stunners +10 and again...it stacks nicely.

From what I have been able to test, it seems like the Absolute Law suffix is what is getting in the way. I also have a pair of Banishing of Absolute Law wraps...guess what...no Holy at all...except on crit, and then I *do* get the burst effect. Very weird.

Anyone else?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    No..it works with certain wraps and not with others. Like I said...on my Holy of GEOB it stacks. I am getting Holy+Holy(Burst on crit)+GEOB on every strike. I also have Holy Stunners +10 and again...it stacks nicely.

From what I have been able to test, it seems like the Absolute Law suffix is what is getting in the way. I also have a pair of Banishing of Absolute Law wraps...guess what...no Holy at all...except on crit, and then I *do* get the burst effect. Very weird.

Anyone else?
    I TR'd my monk, so I can't test anything at the moment. When I was last above level 18, my lootgen wraps stacked properly but my Cannith crafted wraps did not. I didn't have any wraps with some of the new suffixes/prefixes like Absolute Law, so that sounds like a good theory.

Have you filed a bug report?
    My Trade List
    My build: The Jack of Fists, Monk 12 / Ranger 6 / Rogue 2, melee generalist
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

My HB ring definitely was working with Icy Bursted +2 Holy wraps of Stunning +10 - but I did Icy Burst them multiple festivals ago, not recently.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.