Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: ED suggestion!!

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    And? If X person likes the idea and you don't, continue bicker about it seems pedestrian. If Turbine chose to do nothing, something, exact what the OP first suggested or what someone else did, it's really not important. It's an added mechanic and certainly not worth re-fighting.

Problems demand solutions; people without solutions always argue for or in addition to the problem.
    Unless your solution would become my problem then me arguing against your solution is my solution.
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    Unless your solution would become my problem then me arguing against your solution is my solution.
    So, how is that the case here? If other people are leveling their destinies in other ways, how is that a problem for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    So, how is that the case here? If other people are leveling their destinies in other ways, how is that a problem for you?
    Bad ideas affect everyone, more or less directly. Besides I don't want the devs to waste time with trivial stuff when there are real problems to be dealt with.
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

Bad ideas affect everyone, more or less directly. Besides I don't want the devs to waste time with trivial stuff when there are real problems to be dealt with.
    So, in other words, any solution you don't agree with or that deals with something that doesn't effect you is your problem. As you feel it affects you, more or less directly or wastes time that could be better spent fixing things you find more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    So, in other words, any solution you don't agree with or that deals with something that doesn't effect you is your problem. As you feel it affects you, more or less directly or wastes time that could be better spent fixing things you find more important.
    I'm pretty sure I have the right to express my opinion about anything I want, yes. That's what a forum is for.

The in-game problems that affect you are trivial; I don't want devs to waste time on them when they could instead be fixing problems that affect me.

Community Member

I'm pretty sure I have the right to express my opinion about anything I want, yes. That's what a forum is for.
    Of course you do and the rest of us have a right to disregard anything you express due to knowing where you are coming from. Openly stating that anything that doesn't directly benefit you is a waste of developer time just isn't a good way to get others to take anything you say seriously. Worse yet when you allege that improving the game for others somehow automatically makes it worse for you, no explanation necessary.

Your problem? Sorry - what I do with my entertainment have no bearing on you at all. Especially since I would have to spend longer time playing DDO for the same gain as you would. That's not exactly something that would have a negative impact on you.

As I mentioned ideas like raid timers probably have a much greater impact on 'you' in the way it shapes the game and the longevity of the play then someone having to game longer. You don't like the 'free' whatever that is, but the impact is your sense of fairness and absolutely nothing else. I can almost guarantee it. If you shorten the time however it take to achieve something - yeah. That can have consequences. But your feeling of 'earning' it has as much consequence to the dynamic of the entire game as someone pulling a SOS shard the first time running it and it takes someone else 70 runs to do it. As I've read these many pages each idea instead of or as a refinement of the OP seems to add more time to the process. I can't remember reading anyone that suggested something that would radically alter the time frame to less.

Edit - not to be picky but the problem is destinies. Many against the OP even admit it's a problem. Everything from that point is a solution to the original problem. There's absolutely no solution that you add by going back to status quo. Quite the opposite. If you argue even against the OP you admit that there's a problem but have nothing to add to fix it. Ergo, you only argue for the problem itself. So I rather you make refinement and addition to the OP your solution then arguing slippery slope or even for status quo. But that's just me.
    Last edited by patang01; 02-03-2013 at 05:52 PM.

This thread has devolved into bickering and arguing about semantics, rather than a discussion about the Epic Destiny system.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324