Default Petition: Bring back +2 Exceptional INT on Spyglass!

I don't think I'm the only one feeling like this, but on U15 Spyglass' INT bonus changed from +2 Exceptional to +2 Insightful. That's awful! There are a lot of items that provide +2 insightful, and +2 exceptional was the perfect flaw of that item, specially for wiz-rogues. I'm surely putting that item to rest, unless they change that back, which would be awesome

Every single exceptional +2 bonus was changed to an insightful +2 bonus. The item is exactly as useful now as it was before. With the way the +2 exceptional bonus changes were carried out, nobody lost out and we still don't.

It's quite natural for an old item to fall behind, or for other items to catch up to it, That's all that's happened here, nothing awful about it.

Community Member

I believe is was U14, not U15 that changed all the exceptional +2 to insightful +2, but either way it was done to limit the amount of power creep introduced by the +3 insightful stat affixes. Currently, we can get up to +12 to a stat from standard item affixes, +8 enhancement, +3 insightful, and +1 exceptional. If the +2 insightful were reverted to exceptional, that would add another +2 to all stats that would need to be slotted in somewhere, which leads to fewer actual choices when it comes to gearing, and thus more cookie-cutter builds and gear layouts. The more stacking bonuses that exist within the game, the more some people feel required to stack them all, or as many as they can get. This, in turn, leads to the dev's having to balance and tune the game with that level of power in mind, which leads to those bonuses actually being required, instead of just feeling like they are required. The current gap between EH and EE difficulty is a direct result of effects like this.

/not signed.

not signed ^ guy above is right
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

I was a little upset when I found out my precious had been downgraded. I'm ok with it now. I'd rather see nerfs than constant and never ending power creep.

/not signed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

/not signed. You seem to have missed the memo.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Never mind, misread the title of the thread and saw it on Lammania and feared the worst. Nothing new here...
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

/not signed

+2 exceptional doesn't exist anymore for a good reason.
    Also event loot should never been best in slot in my opinion...
    Sarlona ~ Endgame

What they should do is add lvl 24 upgrades to all the items. The new upgrade for the spyglass could be to replace the +2 insightful int with +3 insightful int.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Quote Originally Posted by WarDestroyer View Post
    I don't think I'm the only one feeling like this, but on U15 Spyglass' INT bonus changed from +2 Exceptional to +2 Insightful. That's awful! There are a lot of items that provide +2 insightful, and +2 exceptional was the perfect flaw of that item, specially for wiz-rogues. I'm surely putting that item to rest, unless they change that back, which would be awesome
    It's a level 20 item so insighful is perfect for it. In fact that's pretty powerful for a level 20 item.

I wish Turbine would've provided a ML 24 version upgrade of the existing pirate loot and in that case insightful +3 would've been good. But exceptional +2?

No thanks - that should be reserved to something like a ML 25 named augment.

Why is that awful? It's no better than it was pre u14. I think you just don't understand what you're talking about.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    Why is that awful? It's no better than it was pre u14. I think you just don't understand what you're talking about.
    Because that would make this event level 20 item stack with insightful +3 items and that would make it not only easy to obtain but also overpowered compared to higher level items. Exceptional stacks with insightful, insightful +2 does not stack with insightful +3. So not same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    What they should do is add lvl 24 upgrades to all the items. The new upgrade for the spyglass could be to replace the +2 insightful int with +3 insightful int.
    then this

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Because that would make this event level 20 item stack with insightful +3 items and that would make it not only easy to obtain but also overpowered compared to higher level items. Exceptional stacks with insightful, insightful +2 does not stack with insightful +3. So not same thing.
    Insightful +3 didn't exist in u13, so it's exactly the same thing. If you had 44 int in your setup before, if you didn't change gear you have 44 int now. That's pretty much like saying envenomed cloak was nerfed because there's lootgen with +8 con.
    Last edited by DarkForte; 01-30-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

/not signed either

maybe +3 insight but definately not +2 exceptional.

Proudly Member of DDO:EU Community, Member of legendary ex-guild: Disorganized Chaos,
    the Crabslayer, always high Dwarf from Mountains of Immerth