Default Heroic SoS vs LII G-Axe. Number crunching help.

Been playing for a few days with both and it feels like I'm getting more out of the SoS than the LII greataxe.

Had the greataxe before but I recently looted a SoS (should have tried to get one a long time ago ) and I am now considering deconstructing the LII.

But I am not so certain the SoS would be the best on all classes/situations and I was wondering if anyone could help me on the numbers. Not much a number cruncher myself. Just noticed that I seem be getting a lot more DPS out of the SoS on regular trash mobs.

Maybe the LII would be better on mobs that require good weapons to bypass DR? Or maybe I would get more DPS out of the LII on lower crit damage classes? Currently Barbarian and still have 18 lives to do including many other melee classes and just don't want to get rid of the axe if it would be more DPS on those.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

I don't know the proper math, but since the SoS have a much better crit profile, it depends directly from your strength and other damage bonus (like claw set and sora kell set).

I think if your Str is 30 or higher, the SoS is better if you don't have to break DR. As your strength grows higher, even with high DR values, a SoS might still be better.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

I ran the numbers through barrage (holy/shocking burst/shocking blast), and it seems that for a FB2 barbarian with 6 seeker, the point where SoS breaks even is at +45 damage modifier.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    I ran the numbers through barrage (holy/shocking burst/shocking blast), and it seems that for a FB2 barbarian with 6 seeker, the point where SoS breaks even is at +45 damage modifier.
    hmmm interesting, about what STR is that? I always just blindly assumed the LIT2 GA was better. But if you're using cleaves I'm guessing the LIT2 is the better choice since it has the larger hit die. And are you all taking into account lightning strike?

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

damage bonus of 25, seeker 6, 0fort, no dr, improved crit, no extra multi like frenzy2 etc etc

SoS 62avg a swing
    lit2 gaxe holy shockburst shockingblast 68avg a swing
    lit2 falchion holy shocking burst shockingblast 74avg a swing

Even at damage bonus of 50, seeker 10, 0fort, no dr, improved crit slash, no extra multi
    SoS 105avg a swing
    lit2 gaxe holy shockburst shockingblast 98avg a swing
    lit2 falchion holy shocking burst shockingblast 108avg a swing

I would of went with a falchion always does alot better at lower str/bonus damage and takes alot to be over taken also with the increased usage of cleave and great cleave the falchion is going to give you more effect procs too. By the time you hit the take over point you'll be looking at epic weapons/raid loot etc.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    hmmm interesting, about what STR is that? I always just blindly assumed the LIT2 GA was better. But if you're using cleaves I'm guessing the LIT2 is the better choice since it has the larger hit die. And are you all taking into account lightning strike?
    My calculations DO take into account lightning strike.

Assuming he has +2 from sora kell set (or heroic claw set, but not both) and the +4 two-handed damage horc line, and that he's using full +22 damage power attack (3 enhancements from barb, 3 from horc), with a +5 weapon (all of that amounts to 33 damage), he'd need a +12 str modifier, or 34 str. Hence, the esos is likely the best option. If human (losing the 2-handed damage and the PA line), he'd need a 48 str to break even.

Cleaves affect the eSoS better, because the [W] in the SoS (2d6) is better on average than the [W] on the lit2 (1d12).
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Thanks all, very useful information.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.