Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Clarification regarding old augments, old augmented items, and new augments?

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    They will still be functional after Update 17, until such time as you use the Cleansing Ritual on your item to change it over to the new slots.
    So if you'd like to stock up on Toughness augments now, you still can.

We felt that Toughness, due to it's special stacking nature (It's hardly optional- most people feel it necessary to slot it in their gear somehow), should be a named augment in the new system, especially as False Life-style Enhancement bonus to Hit Points is available as a "common" Augment.

Toughness is coming back in Update 18 as a named augment, along with a sizable batch of other unbound named augments.
    1. Does that mean we can stock them in bags, then put them in augment slots after U17? In yellow slots or blue slots? Both if the augment is preU17?
    2. Or does that mean having to socket items in their current augments slots before U17? (ie preU17 Greater False Life augment in a yellow slot before U17 goes live)
    3. What if an item has two slots? If I stick a Greater False Life augment in a yellow slot and leave the second empty until after U17, deciding to fill it later, will it maintain the Greater False Life and allow the new augment that was entered into the second slot? (I ask because altars create new items with the additional mods rather than strictly upgrading or changing your current item. I know there are no altars involved with adding the new augments, but it might work the same way.)

EDIT:
    The answer's right there: "change it over to the new slots"

So now my question becomes, will the old GFL augment, belonging to the yellow slot, be able to go into new yellow augment slots?
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 01-28-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Community Member

hrm, may have to stock up on GFL and toughness augments then :/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlteredState View Post
    hrm, may have to stock up on GFL and toughness augments then :/
    Well yeah, but I still want answers to my questions to know if I should stick them in items or keep them in bags.

EDIT:

So now my question becomes, will the old GFL augment, belonging to the yellow slot, be able to go into new yellow augment slots?
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 01-28-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    Well yeah, but I still want answers to my questions to know if I should stick them in items or keep them in bags.

EDIT:

I do not believe so. The old augments can go into the old augment slots, and the new augments can go into the new augment slots. Being as you have to run the item through the stone of change to make it compatible with the new augments, I do not think the new items and the converted old items will be compatible with the old augments.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    I do not believe so. The old augments can go into the old augment slots, and the new augments can go into the new augment slots. Being as you have to run the item through the stone of change to make it compatible with the new augments, I do not think the new items and the converted old items will be compatible with the old augments.
    This is obviously wrong, otherwise why would Feather be telling everyone they can stock up on old Toughness augments?

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33
    This is correct.

This is obviously wrong, otherwise why would Feather be telling everyone they can stock up on old Toughness augments?
    You can stock up on current Toughness augments. You can use them in an item that you do not convert to the new slots. New slots only take new augments.

It's your choice as to if you want to update your item to the new augment system after Update 17 or not. If you do not, you can still put an old Toughness augment in it. The power is in your hands!

Default Not wrong.

1. Please quote what Feather actually said.

2. If he said this, I am sure he was referring to old gear that was gathered prior to the update and has not been put through the stone of change.

3. The existing Augment vendor in the twelve will no longer be selling the old augments. Only the augment vendors for guild augments will still exist.

From what i understand, you CAN slot preU17 yellow slots with OLD gfl augments. Similarly, you CAN stock up on toughness augments and slot them in any preU17 blue slots you have available. You CANNOT use old gfl and toughness augments with the new slots that will be generated when the update comes. And if you won't take my word for it,

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We have decided the best way to make the transition to the new style of slots is to allow everyone to do it at their own pace.

Please keep in mind that the old style Epic Augment Crystals will no longer be available after Update 17, and they do not function in the new slots.

To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots.

This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17.
    So what Feather probably meant was you can stock up on the old GFL and Toughness augments, but you will only have whatever epic items you make before U17 available to slot with.

EDIT: beat me by 6 minutes. Curse you almighty devs!
    Proud member of the ICKs-Argonnessen
    4/12/12
    Necromaimed // Hyyperion

Community Member

obviously not.

A question that I have about the changes which I have not seen addressed:

What about items with old guild slots? Will we be able to convert them to the new system like with the old epic slot items, or will they always remain the way they are now with the soon to be antiquated guild slots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Guild slots will not be converted, automatic or manually. You will be able to keep the coveted stacking bonuses as long as you like.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

i think the important thing you all seem to have missed is that FOTS is on record as having said toughness is coming back as a blue augment in the next update.

So who cares?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    i think the important thing you all seem to have missed is that FOTS is on record as having said toughness is coming back as a blue augment in the next update.

So who cares?
    This is old news. (if old news is a couple days or something)

obviously not.
    lol Forgive me. It's like offering a caster 30hp or 20hp and 200 sp, sure you have the choice of getting more hp but you'll take the latter everytime. Not the same in scope, but it parallels the augment situation. Go with the new augment slots, that can use 7/2s and other coming augments or stick with the old augment slots for easy slotting of gfl and miss out on all the others? Yeah, this "choice" effectively isn't one if you have half a brain. Logically, it's an empty gesture.

EDIT:
    Especially since equipment isn't static. You'll want to reslot pretty regularly until you have all the (hypothetically) EE and raid gear, with all the updates.

And this issue is magnified with 2-slot items where you're not sure what to put in the second slot.

EDIT:
    Grammar.
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 01-29-2013 at 09:33 AM.

More questions!

1) Will Lahar still sell old style catalysts or will those need to be stocked up on too?

2) altar of Epic Rituals is just a simple stone of change dialog, and there'll be no confusing OLD Style references in an of the new Barter interfaces, right? (I bring this up because while Vargouille's much appreciated update to the Greensteel altars is helpful, I've had numerous guildies screw up Dual Shard T3 items by having 2 recipes presented...)