Community Member

Default It finally stopped snowing in the Harbor!!!

This was really the first year I participated in the winter festival and the first thing I can say is that 20+ days of a festival is appreciated, but also exhausting and frustrating. I farmed this thing until I ran a groove in the docks.

For whatever reason festivals seem to bring out some serious greed... Almost a scary amount. It's like plat has some how morphed into crack. I couldn't stop. I would run this thing every night so I could have a stock pile of burst kits and sling them in the Harbor for 60k. I had guildies ask me to go quest with them and I couldn't... not if there were 3 instances in the Harbor. If there were only 2, I could quest.

So I would like to thank all of those who would rather pay for kits than jump for them!

Quote Originally Posted by mansrea26 View Post
    So I would like to thank all of those who would rather pay for kits than jump for them!
    Your welcome.

I think I bought 5 or 6 total. Just used the last two this morning before coming to work. Glad I did since it ended today.

Quote Originally Posted by mansrea26 View Post
    For whatever reason festivals seem to bring out some serious greed... Almost a scary amount. It's like plat has some how morphed into crack. I couldn't stop. I would run this thing every night so I could have a stock pile of burst kits and sling them in the Harbor for 60k. I had guildies ask me to go quest with them and I couldn't... not if there were 3 instances in the Harbor. If there were only 2, I could quest.
    THIS. I thought it was just me. I haven't TR'd my Monk for fear that I wouldn't have a character with Abundant Step during Risia. Now it's a race to TR and make sure I'm back for THOSE BEAUTIFUL PURPLE COINS....

Also- While I'm sure it's still 5% (for the #5) for most- it always seems more for my Monk!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    THIS. I thought it was just me. I haven't TR'd my Monk for fear that I wouldn't have a character with Abundant Step during Risia. Now it's a race to TR and make sure I'm back for THOSE BEAUTIFUL PURPLE COINS....

Also- While I'm sure it's still 5% (for the #5) for most- it always seems more for my Monk!
    I was jumping with my druid and seemed to have about 7% fall rate. I was quite pleased! Plus I get all those wonderful potions that turn you BLUE!

Couldn't be bothered with it at all this year....still have plenty of icy burst weapons from previous years, and feel slightly sorry for those who have just made weapons which are going to be somewhat redundant once the aug slots come in in the next few weeks....now if they had done the aug slot change BEFORE the ice games.....hey ho...
    "Im-plo-sion: For when you just absolutely HAVE to kill every M*****-F***** in the room".
    (Samuel L Jackson)
    Alts: Mercilless, Relenttless, Maliciouss: The Silence sisters.

Community Member

I'll just be happy to not have people in the trade chat every 30 seconds.

lol @OP I love your name, do you also have actus reus?
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

I miss the snow already.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    lol @OP I love your name, do you also have actus reus?
    Lol, not as of yet, but I do have a name for my next toon

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

The truley amazing thing is that Stormreach municipal services were able to keep up with the snow removal so no schools, shops or sewers were closed at any point in the harbor even though we had 20 days straight of constant heavy snow.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TempestAlphaOmega View Post
    The truley amazing thing is that Stormreach municipal services were able to keep up with the snow removal so no schools, shops or sewers were closed at any point in the harbor even though we had 20 days straight of constant heavy snow.
    That made me laugh. Here in Somerset (UK) everything grinds to a halt as soon as we get the tiniest bit of snow... no post, no rubbish collection, schools closed, shops shut and so on.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by auntjobiska View Post
    That made me laugh. Here in Somerset (UK) everything grinds to a halt as soon as we get the tiniest bit of snow... no post, no rubbish collection, schools closed, shops shut and so on.

AJ
    I spent the first 35 years of my life in the Midwest US. People would still make it to work/school in all but the worst of the blizzards.

I've now lived 9 years in the SE US and the couple times a snowflake has gently drifted down from the sky to melt on the windshield of my car people rush home and businesses close. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I miss the snow already.
    Come over to my house. I guarantee you'll never miss it again. Oh, and bring a shovel so you can get to the front door.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
    I spent the first 35 years of my life in the Midwest US. People would still make it to work/school in all but the worst of the blizzards.

I've now lived 9 years in the SE US and the couple times a snowflake has gently drifted down from the sky to melt on the windshield of my car people rush home and businesses close. lol
    I still live in the midwest. I only remember my job being cancelled once in my entire life and that was because there was so much snow on the streets it was literally impossible to drive through it with anything less than a jeep. And even that only happens if the boss doesn't own a jeep.

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

Quote Originally Posted by TempestAlphaOmega View Post
    Awesome, +1

Our 30% AH taxes put to good work.

At least this explains my performance hit in the harbor at that time (server cpu cycles required to run the plows And the lack of finding divine healers sometimes as they've been busy adjusting the bad backs of all the shovelers.

Still a plank on the bridge needs fixing tho.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus