Community Member

Default How long to complete citw

Just trying to get a handle on how long it is taking people to complete citw on hard?

i've heard some people say they're getting it done in 20 minutes while other reasonable players are quoting 40.

Pixma, TA

In a PUG?

Plan maybe an hour - just to be safe.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Eh, plan an hour. It's like the old days of shroud pugs... if someone is leading and the rest listening it goes pretty quick. Otherwise... /sigh.
    This space intentionally left mostly blank.

Community Member

Let's assume largely guild runs.

20 minute Hard would be for a very powerful, very experienced, mostly static group. Exceptional DPS and no messing around.

40 minutes is more reasonable for a more average static group. If you're asking, you're on the 40+ minute side of things.

Community Member

13 min on EH, 18 - 28 min on EE depending on group. It feels a lot longer, but that's what the completion timer says.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezburgerz View Post
    13 min on EH, 18 - 28 min on EE depending on group. It feels a lot longer, but that's what the completion timer says.
    Completion timers are sketchy are they not? Do those times match your ship buffs and what not?

I've heard some people saying they're getting em done in under 20 ... just having a hard time getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    20 minute Hard would be for a very powerful, very experienced, mostly static group. Exceptional DPS and no messing around.

40 minutes is more reasonable for a more average static group. If you're asking, you're on the 40+ minute side of things.
    this, people who say otherwise probably don't realise completion timers are broken

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post

I really doubt the 20 min on average for hard difficulty (assumes all 6 chests). It is possible to do 20 minutes sure, but it requires every single player to be extremely solid with high dps on the correct characters. Yesterday I ran 2 hard citws. The second run had a pretty good group that did not mess around and pretty much all the players seemed very capable. We completed the run in 30-35 minutes quest time(does not count lfm filling time - we start when we get at least 1 healer and 8 others or something like that) and the first run was more like 40-45 minutes.

I doubt there is a single group on Khyber that averages 20 minutes in quest time on a hard citw run. I personally can not remember a run where I was on a hard citw that was 20 minutes of in quest time, but I imagine that the group I roll with has been at least close before. I have run several hundred hard and normal citw runs myself. Now normal citw can average under 30 minutes so perhaps there are groups averaging 30 minutes on normal or less, but hard I do not believe 20 minutes of average for anyone.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Hahahaha.

I was once in a 2+ hour PUG gone wrong. XP report completion time said something like 30 minutes.

Community Member

3 or 4 elites ago we ran EE All optionals, all 6 chests - 13 minutes per the XP report. But now that you mention it, it did feel like it was a tad longer.
    bred of an Ice Flenser and a Djinni Ravensguard
    "You people are insatiable." - Tarrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coldest View Post
    3 or 4 elites ago we ran EE All optionals, all 6 chests - 13 minutes per the XP report. But now that you mention it, it did feel like it was a tad longer.
    Timer on the exp report is pretty unreliable. Boat buffs are a much better option imo.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

In pugs my ship buffs usually run out during the final cutscene.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

I only PuG. The fastest hard CitW that I've been in argo was 36 minutes.

The most painful was yesterday more than an hour because the cleric DCs in the middle, the so called leader abandoned the group, some other people gave up and we had to wait to get new people.

In my experience, completion times goes down to coordination (an experienced leader is important) and the amount of Everything is Nothing available to kill trash.

Community Member

Default completion timer?

The same completion timer that says over 3 million minutes for stealthy repossession? That one?

RTFM on Khyber

EE CiTW is not a short run. Even skipping the optionals. It's a 90 minute run with a solid group. Easy.
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer - Loreseekers and Sentinels Guilds - Khyber

show me only 1 post 28min ee citw;P
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    The same completion timer that says over 3 million minutes for stealthy repossession? That one?
    That person was simply being VERY careful not wake the kobalds. I'm sure they had to wait a year or so for guard shifts at one point.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

We ran it this week with guildies and channel friends. Probably about half of us had done it before, probably about half of them had done it a few times. I was one of the newbs, but I can follow instructions pretty well by now

Took us probably about an hour on normal as it was our first time out. Next time if we had exactly the same party probably down to 45 mins. After that, probably be able to run hard in an hour and then I reckon we might be able to shave 15 mins off of it, tops. We're a 'casual guild' as far as that goes though we have some top notch players, and some of our channel buddies are like freakin' superheros as far as I'm concerned. Point is the group ran the gamut from completely inexperienced in general to full on vet, only difference between us and a pug in terms of ability really is that we communicate better because we know each other. Just to give you an idea of where we are in terms of power/skill. We found normal a challenge but still completed despite a half dozen folks who'd never done the raid before.

I can't see us getting it much down below 45 on a good day if going for extra chests and such, it's too easy for folks to fall off and have to catch back up/be rezzed/whatever, even if they mostly know what they're doing (and I never will be able to navigate that place myself. Takes me ages to learn a map and the speed raids go at, I just follow the pack). Not that I'm complaining, it really is quite a fun, varied raid.

Actually wait, I am complaining - 5 chests and neither our healer (our healer! Shouldn't they get EXTRA rewards?) nor I got a single piece of named loot or a commendation, even off the end reward list. Bah. CURSE YOU LOOT GODS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge