Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Named Shurikens

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    I've been waiting for almost eight months for people to realize that the Spelltouched throwing weaponry exists!

...I wonder how long it will take people to figure out what Spelltouched actually does?

Anyone able to figure the details out gets a gold star.
    So Shade gets a gold star?

Grats Shade
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Great post to demostrate a devs real connection the community.

Not only did I discover what spelltouched/spellplague weapon did and how it worked, I posted it on the wiki some 6-7 months ago. Also posted some notes on the forum regarding it as someone quoted.
    This is the most silly reply ever.

Not even I and most of us forumities, non-developers!!, knew what Spelltouched was and I-WE read the forum everyday. So, go guess a developer with their busy time.

You really lose no chance to bash a Dev, do you?

To be back in topic, it's really nice imho but on shurikens it won't see much use.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    As one example that applies in many EE red name situations, debuffing fat yuan-ti in Don't Drink the Water with a spelltouched shuriken is more useful to do initially than purely beating them up. Frankly, I'm afraid of a nerf so I'm not going to go into more detail, but suffice to say I consider it a non-flavor benefit worth spending multiple feats on.
    Good! Secret is out!

Yeah they're phenomenal. I was worried their awesomeness was unintended, but dev pride being shown allays that fear!

Literally all drow characters should get one, even if they don't make much effort to raise dex at all, due to the inherent proficiency and shuriken expertise.

I'd also guess it's a sub-set of the double rainbow list, though as to specifics beyond that I'm at a loss. Will have a play again soon as I have a drow life coming up!
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
    Not disagreeing with you, be really nice if there where more named options, BUT alchemical tossin star is available you might have overlooked it. With the changes coming to EiN it could double up as an EiN DC booster (tier 2 water +2 alchemical wis). with tier 3 adding AOE procs and larger + as well as red aug slot (with new changes that being 1d10 elemental damage) it could be an outstanding throwing item
    They're changing EiN again??

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Good! Secret is out!

Yeah they're phenomenal. I was worried their awesomeness was unintended, but dev pride being shown allays that fear!

Literally all drow characters should get one, even if they don't make much effort to raise dex at all, due to the inherent proficiency and shuriken expertise.

I'd also guess it's a sub-set of the double rainbow list, though as to specifics beyond that I'm at a loss. Will have a play again soon as I have a drow life coming up!
    Yeah I use it on my drow bard with 30 dex, definitely prefer it over shortbows. It would be great if shurikens could be dual wield, does something like that exist in PnP (never played it myself)?
    Last edited by apaurin; 01-29-2013 at 05:48 AM.
    Active characters: Pssyche * Dredmor * Worley * Bundolo

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I'll have you know that Feather did stop by the number one fan site, and he told us how good he is at his job.
    If I remember correctly, he posted about how good at his job he is on the day that many Turbine employees were fired, almost like boasting. Wasn't especially admirable.

I've been waiting for almost eight months for people to realize that the Spelltouched throwing weaponry exists!

...I wonder how long it will take people to figure out what Spelltouched actually does?

If ingredients were BTA and not BTC maybe, and then maybe i would try to get some weapons from eveningstar challenges, but yeah, they are BTC, so not wasting my time.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Duel Wielding Throwing weapons might make these worth using for more than the 1 raid.
    My monk carries around a lit2 and triple positive shuriken just because I use to run shroud so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    If ingredients were BTA and not BTC maybe, and then maybe i would try to get some weapons from eveningstar challenges, but yeah, they are BTC, so not wasting my time.
    This

I honestly considered immediately getting a few throwers, repeater, etc. but once I found out the ingredients were BTC, it wasn't worth my time.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Great post to demostrate a devs real connection the community.

Not only did I discover what spelltouched/spellplague weapon did and how it worked, I posted it on the wiki some 6-7 months ago. Also posted some notes on the forum regarding it as someone quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Simply put, the only thing lacking about this spectacular weapon is the lack of named versions.

There are 2 quests where their additions would be both thematic, and allow us greedy sods to acquire more of these ranged miracles.

Monastary of the Scorpian (there are so many drow monks in this quest)
    Shuriken of Mockery - [1]w - shuriken mastery, poison (1d6 poison damage per hit)

House of Rusted Blades
    Drow Shuriken of the Weapon Master - [3]w +1 crit threat and multipler

Please make this happen feather!
    And here I thought you were kidding about a helf shuriken expertise 10k stars build.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33
    the whole spending hours/days grinding out mats to turn in for 1 item that is randomly rolled is not something that appeals to me
    Ipso facto.

Spellplague 2-3% proc rate looked like randomly generated shroud effects..
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

I'll take that gold star if Shade doesn't want it.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...45&postcount=1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    There are two key problems with the spelltouched throwing weapons. First, they are throwing weapons, which is a problem due to their horrendous base stats and inherent bad-ness of ranged combat in DDO. Second, they are challenge reward turn ins from eveningstar. I know some people like them and all, but the whole spending hours/days grinding out mats to turn in for 1 item that is randomly rolled is not something that appeals to me, and I imagine I am not alone in that sentiment.

Honestly, the spelltouched weapon effect might be the single coolest thing in the game, but most people will never bother to get one because most of the player base uses a throwing weapon to hit kobolds that jump 15 feet up vertical walls, or to break explosive barrels. There is almost always a better alternative than a throwing weapon, and most people will at least try to make use of the best options that are available to them.

I guess what it all comes down to is one question: "why should I spend hours of my time grinding out enough mats to turn in for a sub-par throwing weapon that is randomly generated and has unknown, seemingly random properties?"
    ^^ THIS ^^

A thousand times THIS ^^

I remember the posts about what Spelltouched does, and then I found out you could only get those things by grinding a million challenges (depending on your luck) and I decided it wasn't to be.
    Last edited by MrkGrismer; 01-29-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Second, they are challenge reward turn ins from eveningstar. I know some people like them and all, but the whole spending hours/days grinding out mats to turn in for 1 item that is randomly rolled is not something that appeals to me, and I imagine I am not alone in that sentiment.
    Precisely. Feather knows this, because he even went back and changed the raid loot to NOT be random anymore based on player comments.

Plus BtC is discouraging in and of itself. Make them like Cannith Challenges please.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    And here I thought you were kidding about a helf shuriken expertise 10k stars build.
    I got called a tosser ingame yesterday and it left me feeling inspired.

I then went about looking at named shurikens i could acquire whilst leveling a first life, and it left me feeling dejected

Well the sheer amount of challenge ingredients you need to build a cloak probably precludes most people from wasting their mats on a shuriken. Especially because someone made the decision to make those mats BTC, instead of BTA like the Cannith Challenges.

Nope, no-one gets the gold star yet.
    Hint: It's not related to Double Rainbow, and Spelltouched doesn't proc.

Have fun figuring it out. =)

I'll take a guess and say that spelltouched is essentially a potion of wonder?

Also, I suspect that the obscurity of spelltouched weaponry is in part due to people not liking to spend their challenge ingredients on loot that has properties that are unknown before they are purchased.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast