Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elyanna View Post
    You may not have hinted toward that but it's a typical refrain on these forums. Just cause I don't experience the Lag, Missing Ship Shrines, etc... it doesn't exist.

I was having a happy happy joy joy day. Thanks for your additional wishes.
    I believe you are mistaken. It is not uncommon for someone to point out their experiences differ. However, your suggestion that it's typical for people to claim it is not happening to someone else is total bull.

People don't chime in to say they didn't experience it because they are suggesting you did not either. They chime in to give an account of their experiences giving those who read the thread a more general view of how this issue affects the players.

There's no reason to assume anything more, or less, than that.

Community Member

Default Yikes

Chill Pills need to go on sale ASAP before some heads explode.

OP, all I see is a handful of helpful people trying to point out ways to ease the pain. Yet you respond violently to each one and toss out a claim that "All Turbine has to do is fix this SIMPLE issue."

The "Fix" may not be simple. In your eyes, you see a problem and say the solution is basically for the problem to "Not be there"

Well, DUH! If the problems were just gone, life would be great. But problems take time and resources to fix, and it's not always easy. It's also not always easy to keep a cool head under stress, but the more restrain you have, the less you look like a ten foot tall ****** back lashing out against sensible advice.

Should you have to wait 2 hours? No, that's a little silly. Would it be cool if Turbine did away with the restart hassle? Yes. But it's not like they are holding the golden cure to "crashes" and "bugs" and are withholding it just to annoy you. They didn't code amenities vanishing for any kind of benefit. It's just how the code works right now, and I'm sure right after they get done...

Giving us updates...
    Overhauling enhancements...
    Fixing god awful lag for the portion that experience it...

They will love to take apart and explore the skeleton code of our worlds to try and figure out a way to SPEED up guild restarts, cause y'know, rushing things we don't know about always ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by coldblade000 View Post
    Chill Pills need to go on sale ASAP before some heads explode.

OP, all I see is a handful of helpful people trying to point out ways to ease the pain. Yet you respond violently to each one and toss out a claim that "All Turbine has to do is fix this SIMPLE issue."

The "Fix" may not be simple. In your eyes, you see a problem and say the solution is basically for the problem to "Not be there"

Well, DUH! If the problems were just gone, life would be great. But problems take time and resources to fix, and it's not always easy. It's also not always easy to keep a cool head under stress, but the more restrain you have, the less you look like a ten foot tall ****** back lashing out against sensible advice.

Should you have to wait 2 hours? No, that's a little silly. Would it be cool if Turbine did away with the restart hassle? Yes. But it's not like they are holding the golden cure to "crashes" and "bugs" and are withholding it just to annoy you. They didn't code amenities vanishing for any kind of benefit. It's just how the code works right now, and I'm sure right after they get done...

Giving us updates...
    Overhauling enhancements...
    Fixing god awful lag for the portion that experience it...

They will love to take apart and explore the skeleton code of our worlds to try and figure out a way to SPEED up guild restarts, cause y'know, rushing things we don't know about always ends well.
    Where did I say the solution is for the problem to not be there. I said they need to fix it by either fixing the crashing isssues or maybe even drop the timer for a ship reset to be less than 5 minutes.

Yes I was annoyed about the amenities not being there and having to try to keep my guildies from replacing items that were there just waiting to be reset. When you have set of a few guildies who maintain the boat for a large guild sometimes those people are the ones who get the flack when this issue crops up.

Yes I did get hostile but only after the normal parade of people came in with there silly quotes and pictures that get as old as these threads about the ships not reseting. Yes I admit making the thread was a little silly on my part. But to come into a thread and basically troll someone who is upset about the state of the game is as bad as what I did.

Did I neg rep anyone of them no I didn't cause the rep system here is silly.

What really irks me is we lose good players daily due to **** like this. Last night I had a few runs in game with people who left and came back. One of those runs a guildie was thinking about the state of her sub and we had crushing lag in the explorer area of High Road. Do you think this doesn't make her think about cancelling the sub since she rarely can play as it is due to real life? This is a person who does a yearly sub that Turbine could lose.

Then when I changed groups and ran Mired in Kobolds the whole chat (voice, guild, party and even tells for one person) went wonky. We had 2 people who just returned to the game within the last couple months with us and they had never ran the quest. We one of them gave up and DC'ed. Good thing I had a number to text them offline and chat with them about the issue. Cause I calmed them down and we are going to retry the same quest again tonight with prayers that the chat system will work so they can ask questions as we go through the quest.
    Last edited by Elyanna; 01-29-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    Got a question the answer may be on the wiki! http://ddowiki.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12