Default All She Had To Do Was Lean Forward...

...and the raid would end with another victory for Lolth. I suspect that the goddesses' "breastplate" would do quite a bit of damage. Lolth could also have used her hands and arms to sweep any melees that got close enough or, if the devs had gotten creative, spewed fire or acid from her navel.

My point is, I think that the flow of the raid should have gone differently. Lolth's Eminence shouldn't show up until near the end, and it should have more special attacks. You'd think that if Lolth bothered to show up as a fifty foot-drider, she'd try to use her size to her advantage, right? It's silly that all she does is try to step on the players with only a few legs at a time, or shoot SP-draining laserbeams from her eyes at them.

The raid would be SO much better if the mechanics within the raid were switched around a bit... except for the portal keepers, those are just silly when Lolth can just cover up the exit to the Demonweb with her hands. :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    ...and the raid would end with another victory for Lolth. I suspect that the goddesses' "breastplate" would do quite a bit of damage...
    ...if you know what I mean

Community Member

Its general that epic monsters do stunningly little damage compared to their strengths and sizes. If any hit is like 1000 base dam before enhancements etc. it would be realistic. But it cant be otherwise than it is. Players need a chance, and theres an unwritten rule since 'Unlimited' introduction that quest shall be explorable for the avarage, decently equipped, player as soloist w hire on normal.

But my first reaction on Lolth was in the same vein - aargh just another picture on the wall like harbinger mindflayer endboss. Not a repeatable concept in my opinion. At least mindflayers behave like that generally doesnt move if they dont have to. But didn't Lolth just swallow her speedy sister ?
    Last edited by oldkraft2; 01-28-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Community Member

*Snip *
    But that would require a lot of work and creativity.

Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

I've always rationalized such things as: What you are fighting is simply an avatar, a very small piece of the consciousness of the God/Goddess that is splintered off to deal with this particular task. The relative power of the spinter reflects only the significance of the task at hand, and the willpower of the God/Goddess in carrying out that task. The fact that the avatar of Lolth in CitW is so 'relatively weak' just demonstrates that the entire Ana/Thread/Eveningstar story, is almost completely insignificant in the 'grand scheme of things'.

Oh, and Elminster is a tool. Just figured I'd throw that in there for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldkraft2 View Post
    Its general that epic monsters do stunningly little damage compared to their strengths and sizes. If any hit is like 1000 base dam before enhancements etc. it would be realistic.
    *snicker* right...

And how many people do you know can bench trucks and not strain at all?

All She Had To Do Was Lean Forward... I suspect that the goddesses' "breastplate" would do quite a bit of damage.
    (Combat): Spell Crit! Lolth's Downblouse of Doom has greater effect!
    (Combat): You are dead. Dead but strangely happy.

Its general that epic monsters do stunningly little damage compared to their strengths and sizes. If any hit is like 1000 base dam before enhancements etc. it would be realistic. But it cant be otherwise than it is. Players need a chance ...
    Epic players have low HP and do stupidly high damage. Epic monsters have stupidly high HP and do low damage.

I believe this is referred to as 'balance'.
    Last edited by Rhomnibus; 01-28-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Its just another example where multiplied HP totals, and punitive game mechanics, are substituted for actual challenging AI.

I still think LOB is the best designed currently in game raid in the past few years.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

I still think LOB is the best designed currently in game raid in the past few years.
    I got to agree. In LOB you had to keep paying attention, otherwise you'd probably die. That is what a raid boss fight should be like!

Community Member

...and the raid would end with another victory for Lolth.
    Or just pick up Anna, or lean back so she can't be hit, or reshape the demonweb in a way that doesn't help the players, or summon more portal keepers... on the other side of the map... or behind the portal before the last ones are dead, or put the orbs in her bag of holding.

And you better hope she doesn't lean over, you can see all the deluge on her from previous runs it'd be really icky.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I am always reminded of a certain painting by Van Klomp when I run this raid.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I am always reminded of a certain painting by Van Klomp when I run this raid.
    I know right. Its just like that one he did... The one with the paint, you know, on the canvas. Its just like that.

I suspect that the goddesses' "breastplate" would do quite a bit of damage.
    "I never thought I would die this way.
    But I always hoped."
    -Fry

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    I know right. Its just like that one he did... The one with the paint, you know, on the canvas. Its just like that.
    Yes, it is.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomnibus View Post
    (Combat): Spell Crit! Lolth's Downblouse of Doom has greater effect!
    (Combat): You are dead. Dead but strangely happy.
    While Lolth has gained a new fetish... piercings. well think about all those rapiers and swords adventurers are using. You know that someone would just hold their weapon up, in a reflexive "oh ca..." moment.

Adven 1: So how were you killed this time?
    Adven 2: I had a booboo moment.