Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    105

    Default Commendations of heroism and ransack?

    Hi
    Wondered if someone may answer this.
    Quoting a dev, does this Guarantee apply to EE, even if you are ransacked?

    "Originally Posted by Eladrin Source
    In Update 16 the commendation drop rates will be significantly higher than they are currently.

    This isn't in the current Lamannia version yet, watch the release notes for this when it goes in:

    Quote: Drop rates for Commendations of Heroism in the raid Caught in the Web have been increased. On Epic Elite difficulty, every player in the raid is guaranteed one commendation each in the first and second chest. "

  2. #2
    Community Member Tolath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    92

    Default

    its the same as normal commendations on specific chests.meaning the first thing you will notice when you are ransack
    is that you cant get any commendation from that chest.

    same rules apply to every unique drop in every chest in the game no matter if there is 1% or 100% chance
    when chest is ransack your chance is 0%.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolath View Post
    its the same as normal commendations on specific chests.meaning the first thing you will notice when you are ransack
    is that you cant get any commendation from that chest.

    same rules apply to every unique drop in every chest in the game no matter if there is 1% or 100% chance
    when chest is ransack your chance is 0%.
    That's what i originally thought, but a 100% guarantee, as quoted, could be construed as a 100% guarantee regardless of ransack

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choco1212 View Post
    That's what i originally thought, but a 100% guarantee, as quoted, could be construed as a 100% guarantee regardless of ransack
    It's not. When you ransack, heroic comms will no longer drop.

  5. #5

    Default

    The "guarantee" does not account for crazy people who use 5 bypass timers in the space of a week.

    The only chests with absolutely and totally guaranteed loot are the ones that have quest-required items like keys.

    Anything else is subject to ransack, no matter what wishful thinking you want to apply to comments made by Turbine employees.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

  6. #6
    Community Member Therrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    766

    Default

    This is why we can't have nice things.

  7. #7
    Community Member Robai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Tomes can drop even from ransack chests though, at least unbound ones, and at least +3 tomes, at least dropped to me

    Vote for DDO, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

  8. #8
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Was that your first Ransack msg Robi?

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  9. #9
    Community Member Robai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Was that your first Ransack msg Robi?
    It was 9th run, and it was first ransack message.

    Well, to be exact the actual first ransack message disappeared until I prepared for screenshot, so I clicked again on chest and the message you see was shown again (I know that the same message would be shown also on 8th run if I clicked on chest again, but this was 9th run since the message was shown when chest was opened too).
    Vote for DDO, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

  10. #10
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    It was 9th run, and it was first ransack message.

    Well, to be exact the actual first ransack message disappeared until I prepared for screenshot, so I clicked again on chest and the message you see was shown again (I know that the same message would be shown also on 8th run if I clicked on chest again, but this was 9th run since the message was shown when chest was opened too).
    Ok.

    9th run is first ransack.

    I would be surprised if it was more then a 2nd ransack.

    Thanks Robi.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  11. #11
    Community Member cdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Tomes are part of "normal random loot". If a chest is ransacked it drops the loot level, but if the level is still high enough for a particular type of tome it can still drop tomes.

    Tomes that are part of special loot tables like the +4/+5 tomes in CITW or the +4 tomes in MOTU side chests will not drop while on ranscak, on the other hand.

  12. #12
    The Hatchery Nibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Tomes can drop even from ransack chests though, at least unbound ones, and at least +3 tomes, at least dropped to me
    Of course, ransack just drops the chest level by 1 for each time you've "ransacked". You can't get the named loot list anymore, though, which includes Commendations. EE Don't Drink the Water is Lvl 24, -1 for first ransack is 23, which is still high enough for +3 tomes in the random loot. Congrats

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload