Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. #1
    Community Member Crayu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default Over Raided / EN Caught in the Web Solo






    So I haven't tried to solo anything before, and I thought it would be pretty fun to try this out because I was strangely motivated to that night.

    It took me 36 pots, 3 shrines (1 after 1st opt, 1 before 2nd opt and 1 before 2nd lolth) and totalled about 2 hours.

    I died at the 2nd lolth fight because I was feared, and the second time was because I had been stunned by goristro. Next time I'll bring GH pots or remove fear, and displace myself more often...

    I'd like to thank Shat for helping me with tactics and Vanclan for donating a raid timer bypass that I didn't have the plat to buy :P
    Last edited by Crayu; 01-27-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Member of Over Raided
    Iamcarbonik - PDK 16 Monk/2 Ftr/2Drd | Iamironic -Drow 14 Wiz/4 FvS/2 Mnk | Iamironical - Bladeforged 16 Arti/2 Pal/2 Mnk | Ironicall - Bladeforged 12 Mnk/6 Rgr/2Pal | Ironicalll - PDK 12 FvS/6 Ftr/2 Mnk

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On, Canada
    Posts
    200

    Default

    grats iron
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Now you made me want to rerun it, since my completion was pretty poor :P

    Congratz!

  4. #4
    Community Member teo36's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Nice job nub, gratz.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Grats!
    ~Nlx~|~Vareesa~|~Vevay~|~Vrac~


  6. #6
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    A first I believe, gratz, very awesome.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    A first I believe, gratz, very awesome.
    First with no reentries ^^

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Very nice. I look forward to seeing what absurd achievement Over Raided puts out next!

  9. #9
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    First with no reentries ^^
    I dont consider a dungeon that was reentered a solo completion. This is because the player can refresh all their gear, reset clickies, restock etc. You cant do that while in a dungeon solo so how can it be called a solo completion>?

    Yes you completed the raid without anyones help but it was a brand new toon that came back in the dungeon, no different than bringing a different toon in IMO. If it was BOB that was completed that way I would say "I dont see the achievement in this post". CITW is a lot harder but I still dont consider it a solo.

  10. #10
    Time Bandit
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    I dont consider a dungeon that was reentered a solo completion. This is because the player can refresh all their gear, reset clickies, restock etc. You cant do that while in a dungeon solo so how can it be called a solo completion>?

    Yes you completed the raid without anyones help but it was a brand new toon that came back in the dungeon, no different than bringing a different toon in IMO. If it was BOB that was completed that way I would say "I dont see the achievement in this post". CITW is a lot harder but I still dont consider it a solo.
    Well by that standard, solo casters who use pots could also arguably not really be considered soloing -- after all, with enough pots, their SP pool goes back to full, just like when they first entered into the quest or raid, so they are more or less a "brand new" character once they've chugged enough pots. While non-casters are relatively limited by their number of action boosts, casters don't suffer nearly as much from this limitation.

    So I prefer to consider it instead as a better completion if there were no re-entries, just as I consider it a better completion if no pots were used, or if there were no deaths, or if fewer people did it, or if it were done faster, etc., but a completion nonetheless. It does mean that anybody who doesn't have to re-enter or use so many pots etc. can easily "top" or supersede the achievement, the same way that a duo completion can be considered better than a 3-man completion or a solo completion can be considered better than a duo completion -- or the way say a solo ToD with 100 pots could be bettered by one that "only" used 50 pots, etc.

    So this completion by being a solo completion without re-entries is arguably "better" than previous completions, and raises the bar for all completions that follow. Well done Iron!

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On, Canada
    Posts
    200

    Default

    I agree with knight_slayer on that matter, but I think for something like this 1 reentry is fine, but anymore is meh. Can't you just jump off anyways to use the res shrine if you do die?
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

  12. #12
    Community Member knightgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    You people keep this up and Favored Souls are gonna be in for a well-deserved NERF. Seriously, with so many achievement threads about FvS soloing stuff, Turbine has no doubt already noticed, and are planning ahead. Perhaps the cleric domains they are developing are trying to counter that?

    But that being said, congratulations on your solo! That raid drives me totally crazy; it's like playing Level 32 on the Plutonia WAD of doom and trying to take on all those monsters; its OVERWHELMING! Though the difference is doom is fun, while the raid is total f'ing GARBAGE.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

  13. #13
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    Well by that standard, solo casters who use pots could also arguably not really be considered soloing -- after all, with enough pots, their SP pool goes back to full, just like when they first entered into the quest or raid, so they are more or less a "brand new" character once they've chugged enough pots. While non-casters are relatively limited by their number of action boosts, casters don't suffer nearly as much from this limitation.

    So I prefer to consider it instead as a better completion if there were no re-entries, just as I consider it a better completion if no pots were used, or if there were no deaths, or if fewer people did it, or if it were done faster, etc., but a completion nonetheless. It does mean that anybody who doesn't have to re-enter or use so many pots etc. can easily "top" or supersede the achievement, the same way that a duo completion can be considered better than a 3-man completion or a solo completion can be considered better than a duo completion -- or the way say a solo ToD with 100 pots could be bettered by one that "only" used 50 pots, etc.

    So this completion by being a solo completion without re-entries is arguably "better" than previous completions, and raises the bar for all completions that follow. Well done Iron!
    SP pots drop in chests in game and can be carried in the 1000's. They are part of the game. Yes they make it easier for casters to solo but what this has to do with reentering a dungeon I have no idea. When you hit the release or recall button while in a solo attempt, in my opinion you are admitting defeat! You could not complete the dungeon on your character and have to go out and replenish your toon.

    On the caster/manna pot point though I think this is why most people feel a solo on a pure melee toon is much more respectable in most circumstances. Because there is no pot that brings you back to full power so to speak. Once your haste/displace clickies, action boosts are gone you just continue without them.

  14. #14
    Community Member eachna_gislin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    You people keep this up and Favored Souls are gonna be in for a well-deserved NERF. Seriously, with so many achievement threads about FvS soloing stuff, Turbine has no doubt already noticed, and are planning ahead. Perhaps the cleric domains they are developing are trying to counter that?

    But that being said, congratulations on your solo! That raid drives me totally crazy; it's like playing Level 32 on the Plutonia WAD of doom and trying to take on all those monsters; its OVERWHELMING! Though the difference is doom is fun, while the raid is total f'ing GARBAGE.
    Have we had any word that the devs actually working on cleric domains?

  15. #15
    Community Member Zerkul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pompei
    Posts
    1,310

    Thumbs up

    Welldone. +1

    EDIT: Just curious, why did you go primal avatar?
    Last edited by Zerkul; 01-29-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    gratz iron!


    imho a reentry shouldn't be considered a second toon, because it's still the SAME toon. you don't bring any other skills or capabilities back to the table. so i agree with Vanshilar on this.
    but all I ever soloed is durks, so what do I know...
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

  17. #17
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    gratz iron!


    imho a reentry shouldn't be considered a second toon, because it's still the SAME toon. you don't bring any other skills or capabilities back to the table. so i agree with Vanshilar on this.
    but all I ever soloed is durks, so what do I know...
    So when you hit the release button you somehow think you still have a chance to beat the quest? How about if I solo it and have 10,000 reentries? Would you consider it a solo. I ran in there, did 80 more points of damage and got killed, released, repared and reentered, repeat. Please, if you hit recall or release you did so because the quest beat you, not because you are capable of soloing the quest.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    if you hit recall or release you did so because the quest beat you, not because you are capable of soloing the quest.
    Or you ran out of heal scrolls xD

  19. #19
    Community Member Zerkul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pompei
    Posts
    1,310

    Default lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    Or you ran out of heal scrolls xD
    You didn't build toward having enough slots in your inventory to have enough heal scrolls. That's a build optimization error!

    EDIT: Jokes apart, i mostly agree with Knight_slayer.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

  20. #20
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    Or you ran out of heal scrolls xD
    For whatever reason, there could be many different excuses for recalling. You had an ah bid that just got outbid and you really wanted the item! Who cares? Recalling or releasing from a quest is the quest beating you. Nothing else. No excuses. Go re-run it.

    If we as a community start accepting solos with reentries as first completions or anything for that matter, even accept it as a solo completion full stop then where does it end? Joblogs posts first EE CITW solo completion. 674 reentries. Awesome? Amazing achievement?

    Now I realise your completion was nothing like this. Infact your completion was an amazing achievement. Just not a solo completion IMO. Releasing and going back in a dungeon with brand new buffs, gear repaired, restocked consumables and all clickies/boosts reset is not "soloing" a quest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload