Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    I don't mind a company using the very standard practice of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt to stimulate me to consider a purchase (limited time offer) and I'm used to the corporate constant of backpedalling on promises to gain more income. When it's done to me I just shrug it off and move my business elsewhere.

I wont be offended if Turbine offer the collectors edition again, I wont quit the game, etc, but it will affect my future purchasing decisions. <shrugs> I'd spend a little less at the DDO store, but some more on popcorn as I watch the wall of rage quits roll on by on the forums.
    This.

I've not spent money in DDO for months.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Looks like noone likes new players here, they want to have their exclusive toys and don't want anyone be as cool as they.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Looks like noone likes new players here, they want to have their exclusive toys and don't want anyone be as cool as they.
    I'm afraid you've missed the point entirely. We were all convinced if we wanted these things we "MUST BUY NOW" for they will be forever gone. At the time I had the money but I suspect there were others who either didn't really have it to spare or had better things to spend it on but the offer was tempting enough and a rare limited time offer so the choice was get it now or else miss your chance forever. If they re-offer it as a package then they really lured folks to spend their cash under false pretenses.

Basically, many of us wouldn't have bought the whole pack if we knew everything in it would be individually offered later or indeed the entire pack offered at a later date. Nothing to do with new players and exclusivity for us, but an awful lot to do with loyalty, basic contract law, trust, and future decisions on whether to spend our money at Turbine when future promises are made.

A newer player who wasn't about for the offer might best be served with the understanding that they wont get the chance to get this particular package but instead have the security of knowing future limited time offers are most likely to be exactly that and can make their own informed decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    I'm afraid you've missed the point entirely. We were all convinced if we wanted these things we "MUST BUY NOW" for they will be forever gone. At the time I had the money but I suspect there were others who either didn't really have it to spare or had better things to spend it on but the offer was tempting enough and a rare limited time offer so the choice was get it now or else miss your chance forever. If they re-offer it as a package then they really lured folks to spend their cash under false pretenses.

Basically, many of us wouldn't have bought the whole pack if we knew everything in it would be individually offered later or indeed the entire pack offered at a later date. Nothing to do with new players and exclusivity for us, but an awful lot to do with loyalty, basic contract law, trust, and future decisions on whether to spend our money at Turbine when future promises are made.

A newer player who wasn't about for the offer might best be served with the understanding that they wont get the chance to get this particular package but instead have the security of knowing future limited time offers are most likely to be exactly that and can make their own informed decisions.
    This.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDO4me View Post
    I was wondering if there are any plans to make the collector's edition of the Menace of the Underdark available at a future date? I think it would be nice if newer players had an opportunity to get the collector's edition too.
    There are still a few (*) spare CE xpack codes floating around, and they occasionally get posted to a marketplace. If it's something that interests you put ad ad up with a reasonable trade price. You might get lucky.

As to whether Turbine should offer the pre-order perks again? If they did why would anyone trust them again when they did another expansion pack?

(*) For example, I've got a spare CE code at the moment. I might trade it one day, I might use it on an alt account or I might give it to a friend. If they put the special perks on the store, I'd probably ask for a refund.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Silly - a collectors addition is a collectors addition because of it's limited time frame and exclusiveness. If it wasn't then why should people pay a premium to get something extra?

It has NOTHING to do with noone liking new players. New players were more then welcome to buy the collectors edition when we could buy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12