Default A stacking question!

hello there, i want to ask this:

Doest sneak attack and damage bonus from Planar Focus of Subterfuge(1) set, STACK with sneak attack and damage bonus from Woodsman's Guile(2) set?

the (1) says insight bonus, while (2) says just bonus to you attack and damage on an attack taht would be considered a sneak atatck.

plz help!!

Community Member

Yes, they stack (though I'm not sure that the Planar Subterfuge bonus is a damage bonus or if it's just an attack bonus).

Source: http://ddowiki.com/page/Sneak_Attack_Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by AnsharDarkangel View Post
    Yes, they stack (though I'm not sure that the Planar Subterfuge bonus is a damage bonus or if it's just an attack bonus).

Source: http://ddowiki.com/page/Sneak_Attack_Bonus

in the in-game description, the trinket says it gives +5 Insight attack and +8 Insight damage to any attack that would be considered Sneak Attack.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/44240733.png/
    Last edited by nikos1313; 01-27-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Community Member

I literally just copied and pasted this from the game:

(Effects): You have multiple effects granting an Insight bonus to Sneak Attack Accuracy that do not stack. ( Epic Ring of the Stalker and Planar Subterfuge )
    (Effects): --- Insight modifier to Sneak Attack Accuracy: +5
    (Effects): You have multiple effects granting an Insight bonus to Sneak Attack Damage that do not stack. ( Epic Ring of the Stalker and Planar Subterfuge )
    (Effects): --- Insight modifier to Sneak Attack Damage: +8

NOTE: Epic Ring of the Stalker gives exceptional Sneak Attack +3/+5 to hit/dmg respectively (this is an insight bonus).

But I did not get any warning for having tinker set bonus other than...

(Effects): You have multiple effects granting an Enhancement bonus to Dexterity that do not stack. ( Tinker's Gloves and Planar Focus of Subterfuge )
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Dexterity: +8

NOTE: Tinker's Gloves gives +6 DEX and my Planar Focus gives +8.

--------------------------------

Summary:

Planar Conflux: Subterfuge set bonus DOES NOT stack with other Exceptional Sneak Attack bonuses.
    Planar Conflux: Subterfuge set bonus DOES stack with other Sneak Attack bonuses.

In short it is an exceptional SA bonus.

thnx for the feedback mate! i might just give up on druid set, n just go for Tharnes goggs, will think about it!
    Last edited by nikos1313; 01-28-2013 at 06:53 AM.

i just checked in the Effects tab that

Planar Conflux: Subterfuge set bonus DOES stack with Piwafwi Cloak

as Sqrlmonger claimed, sience Piwafwi is just a normal bonus to sneak attack n damage

remember there's a toon of random gen that gives exceptional sneak attack (only seen +1 ml 15, +2 ml 19 or so)

that would stack with you enhancement and insightful bonus (different type of bonus stack, if there are several of the same type only applies the higher one)

the trouble is that exceptional +2 has changed to insightful +2 (so even if you see exceptional +2, probably will count as insightful)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    remember there's a toon of random gen that gives exceptional sneak attack (only seen +1 ml 15, +2 ml 19 or so)

that would stack with you enhancement and insightful bonus (different type of bonus stack, if there are several of the same type only applies the higher one)

the trouble is that exceptional +2 has changed to insightful +2 (so even if you see exceptional +2, probably will count as insightful)
    Ambushing items provide Insight bonus to sneak attack n damage, so it will not stack with other items with Insight bonus. (even though in the description says Exceptional Sneak Attack Bonus)