Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Stunning Fist DC and Epic Elite

Hello fellow monks!

I'm trying to figure out if its possible to get viable stunning fist DC in epic elite without focusing heavily in wisdom or having a bunch of past lives.

From what I have experienced the DC to consistently hit melee type mobs in the high road seams to be ~60 (not talking orange named dudes) does this agree with your experiences?

Stunning fist DC:
    10+1/2 lvls + stunning modifiers + wisdom mod

10 +12 + 10 wraps + 5 exceptional + 6 LD twist + wisdom mod

Wisdom mod without heavy focus:
    14 base
    4 tome
    7 item
    3 item
    2 ship
    2 yugo
    ----
    32 wisdom or +11 mod

Stunning fist DC = 54.

So in order to land stunning fist consistently one needs to be in grandmaster of flowers with destiny points in wisdom, or put level ups into wisdom. This is disappointing, i was hoping to put level ups into strength instead.

Does anyone have good results with Epic elite mobs without putting level ups into wisdom?

Community Member

Double Strike helps a bit
    but yepp disappointing
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    Hello fellow monks!

I'm trying to figure out if its possible to get viable stunning fist DC in epic elite without focusing heavily in wisdom or having a bunch of past lives.

From what I have experienced the DC to consistently hit melee type mobs in the high road seams to be ~60 (not talking orange named dudes) does this agree with your experiences?

Stunning fist DC:
    10+1/2 lvls + stunning modifiers + wisdom mod

10 +12 + 10 wraps + 5 exceptional + 6 LD twist + wisdom mod

Wisdom mod without heavy focus:
    14 base
    4 tome
    7 item
    3 item
    2 ship
    2 yugo
    ----
    32 wisdom or +11 mod

Stunning fist DC = 54.

So in order to land stunning fist consistently one needs to be in grandmaster of flowers with destiny points in wisdom, or put level ups into wisdom. This is disappointing, i was hoping to put level ups into strength instead.

Does anyone have good results with Epic elite mobs without putting level ups into wisdom?
    About 34 and above becomes pretty reliable to stun in EE. I'd recommend 36 or more.

If you're bounding about in EE, you should have the Eveningstar Sun Soul set at least, which can easily add more WIS.

I'd hate to sound "leet" here, but this is where Monk stances also help. Ocean Stance doesn't seem to be a player favorite as many players are too concerned to maxing their damage or speed. But this is (with items and a buff or two) the easiest way to get your DC high. All of my Epic Monks have a minimum 34 WIS base, with my Grandmaster of Oceans Dark Monk kicking it at 40.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Hero

Don't settle for anything less than 60 DC Stunning Fist for EE.

You have LD Tactics twisted in. What ED are you in? If it's GMoF, then you'll have +3 from passive abilities.

You said you don't want to do past lives, but every Fighter past life is 2 less Wisdom you need to hit your goal. Also with your WIS mod calcs, you haven't purchased any Monk Wisdom enhancements.

Dwarves have racial tactics that can add up to +3 to Stunning Fist.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Don't settle for anything less than 60 DC Stunning Fist for EE.

You have LD Tactics twisted in. What ED are you in? If it's GMoF, then you'll have +3 from passive abilities.

You said you don't want to do past lives, but every Fighter past life is 2 less Wisdom you need to hit your goal. Also with your WIS mod calcs, you haven't purchased any Monk Wisdom enhancements.

Dwarves have racial tactics that can add up to +3 to Stunning Fist.
    The build in question is a rogue with a splash of monk (for stunning fist). Its currently half elf and is very limited on feats preventing it from being able to boost dc up with stunning blow and fighter delquent (however you spell that). I would like to be flexible for destinies, since i have not settled down on destinies yet, but will likely end with furry.

Its good to have your advice on the target DC. With my lack of PL, dwarf, or feets for fighter delquent as well as I will likely not be in grandmaster of flowers it seams that yes, I will need to put level ups into wisdom instead of strength as i had hoped.

with a stronger focus in wisdom i can get:
    16 base
    5 level
    4 tome
    7 item
    3 item
    2 ship
    2 yugo
    2 destiny (assuming fury)
    ---
    40-42 or +15/16

which equates to 58/59 DC. Still sub-optimal but better than 54.

with a stronger focus in wisdom i can get:
    16 base
    5 level
    4 tome
    7 item
    3 item
    2 ship
    2 yugo
    2 destiny (assuming fury)
    ---
    40-42 or +15/16

which equates to 58/59 DC. Still sub-optimal but better than 54.
    +2 water stance
    +1 exceptional wis (colorless slot somewhere)
    +1 wis (unsure on Monk splash levels, but /2 monk = wis 1 enhancement)
    ==
    44-46 or +17/+18, giving you 60/61 DC.

The other solution to this, and I know you probably don't want to hear it, is to not run EE solo
    Some builds out there can tackle it, but the vast majority of them have the best gear available, full sets of +4 tomes, numerous past lives, well-planned racial/class combinations, and potentially even the completionist feat.

Those differences can be HUGE, as mentioned above.
    Quick example: dwarf = +3 dc tactical feats; 3 fighter past lives = +3; GMoF innate = +3; completionist = +2 to all stats, and therefore +1 dc.
    Those right there = +10 dc difference, or the equivalent of *20* wisdom.

Or you can make up for that by bringing a friend with you. A Bard could boost your Wis stat, or whack a mob with a cursespewing weapon; a caster could Enervate the enemy, or if FvS even lower their save passively via AoV ability.

Just some options for you

And don't forget sunder.

I am always using sunder when it's off timer. Although you may not have that feat.

Since the OP is helf, doesn't fighter dille have an option for +1 or +2 tactical DC?
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Quote Originally Posted by fool101 View Post
    And don't forget sunder.

I am always using sunder when it's off timer. Although you may not have that feat.

Since the OP is helf, doesn't fighter dille have an option for +1 or +2 tactical DC?
    Yep, ftr dile would grant +2dc. I also just noticed level ups dont include the epic level, so that's another +1 wis. Also, as half-elf, he could get +1wis from racial enhancements too.

So now we're looking at a possible DC of 64ish. Sick!

the key point to this however is level up's need to go to wisdom for effective stunning fist dc, unless you have pl/racial.

i have 59 dc atm, haven't tried high road EE yet. but i works much better than 54 that i had before.

I'm going to bump this thread with a question:

Has anyone figured out what the needed DC's are for a 90+% stunning fist? I'm guessing that ~65 would do the trick but i'm not so sure, getting that on the other hand...

Community Member

In my experience 55 or better is fine in most EE content (80% success except some high fort save mobs). In GH and for those pesky higher fort save mobs 60 is my magic number. 55 is easy to get with +5 exc and +10 stunning wraps. 60 likely only if you focus on wisdom. But if you are a GM monk, since u17, wisdom is the way to go anyways since all gm abilities are wis based.

Community Member

uhm from the back of my head

10 base
    12 = half level of 25
    25 = 60 wisdom, plausible
    10 = stunning enhancement
    5 = Exceptional Combat Mastery +5
    6 = Epic destiny twist from the fighter one.
    3 = grandmater of flower

71 so far.

3 past live fighter.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erikbozelie View Post
    uhm from the back of my head

10 base
    12 = half level of 25
    25 = 60 wisdom, plausible
    10 = stunning enhancement
    5 = Exceptional Combat Mastery +5
    6 = Epic destiny twist from the fighter one.
    3 = grandmater of flower

71 so far.

3 past live fighter.
    You would give up insanely much to have a sustainable 60 wisdom, so I wouldn't use that as a base lol

Cloak of the bear has exceptional combat mastery +6

Community Member

I'd say the spot to aim for is right around 59-60 for EE earth giants. I was running Tor EE a few times on my 12 fighter/8 monk mutt with a Stunning Blow and Fist DC of about 54 each. 1 Improved Sunder gave me about 90% or so success...2+ IS was complete lockdown.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

2015 DDO Players Council Jevern's Avatar

My str based monk with one fighter PL seems to do pretty well in most EEs. I've have not tested extensively in EE GH but was doing very well in U16 content with almost 100% stuns. Normally she sits at a 57 DC, so improved sunder makes that 60. I have not finished levelling my epic destinies, but she would be at a 60 base in GMoF.

Breakdown:
    10 base
    12 levels
    5 exc combat mastery
    10 wraps
    6 LD tactics
    1 fighter PL
    13 wis
    = 57

Wisdom:
    16 base
    4 tome
    8 item
    2 item
    2 ship buff
    2 monk enhancement
    2 capstone
    = 36
    Jassial - 18 Druid/2 Monk

Also: ~Jetel ~ Jessoliel ~ Jevern ~ Jemerial ~ Jedriel ~ Jevern ~
    Proud member of Crimson Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    Yep, ftr dile would grant +2dc. I also just noticed level ups dont include the epic level, so that's another +1 wis. Also, as half-elf, he could get +1wis from racial enhancements too.

So now we're looking at a possible DC of 64ish. Sick!
    Be aware, if you plan to go this route, that you need the stunning blow feat to unlock the +stun DC enhancements. Unfortunately that is pretty tough to fit on a Helf monk, especially when you consider that improved sunder is the more useful feat to take as it is effectively +3 DC and has additional benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevern View Post
    My str based monk with one fighter PL seems to do pretty well in most EEs. I've have not tested extensively in EE GH but was doing very well in U16 content with almost 100% stuns. Normally she sits at a 57 DC, so improved sunder makes that 60. I have not finished levelling my epic destinies, but she would be at a 60 base in GMoF.

Breakdown:
    10 base
    12 levels
    5 exc combat mastery
    10 wraps
    6 LD tactics
    1 fighter PL
    13 wis
    = 57

Wisdom:
    16 base
    4 tome
    8 item
    2 item
    2 ship buff
    2 monk enhancement
    2 capstone
    = 36
    I have a 61 or 62 dc on my 12 rogue 6 monk 2 paladin and I am missing some on the non oranged names in gianthold epic elite. You absolutely want 60 or better in gianthold epic elite like the previous poster said.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

<snip>

Stunning fist DC = 54.

It depends on which quests and mobs in my experience. I have a 54 SF on one character and I was able to land it quite reliably in EE Lords of Dust and Servants of the Overlord (the first part only, farming the locked chest), also using Improved Sunder. It seemed less reliable in a few EE Demonweb quests, but still worked some of the time. I haven't run EE Gianthold yet, but by all accounts the Fort saves there are higher than other EE quests.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

I'm going to bump this thread with a question:

Has anyone figured out what the needed DC's are for a 90+% stunning fist? I'm guessing that ~65 would do the trick but i'm not so sure, getting that on the other hand...
    Currently im running a 66 in earth and 68 in wis. Very rarely do they save.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast