2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default New Vorpal and Cursespewing affixes retroactive?

I know the named stuff is not supposed to be retro changed or upgradable, and we'll have to re-loot it to get slots. but will old Vorpal and Curspewing/Improved weapons get this retroactively? I assume yes due to the global nature of affixes. But asking never hurt

Vorpal in particular seems new and shiny with the +.5 damage dice. Although Piercing weapons fall even further behind...
    Last edited by IronClan; 01-26-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I know the named stuff is not supposed to be retro changed or upgradable, and we'll have to re-loot it to get slots. but will old Vorpal and Curspewing/Improved weapons get this retroactively? I assume yes due to the global nature of affixes. But asking never hurt

Vorpal in particular seems new and shiny with the +.5 damage dice. Although Piercing weapons fall even further behind...
    Actually with named loot, you just have to put it in the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments to get the new version with slots -- no need to farm it again

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots.

This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Stone of Change recipes.

You aren’t forced to update old Epic items. If you are happy with your current item, you do not need to use the Cleansing Ritual to update your item.
    Not sure about the random gen, though. My guess would also be yes.
    Last edited by Ginarrbrik; 01-27-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Arbiter of Life & Death | Brogburt - The Warlord | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Rubrik - The Grove Protector | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <Dwarven Weapons and Tactics>

Actually with named loot, you just have to put it in the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments to get the new version with slots -- no need to farm it again
    This only applies to epic items. Not named ones in general.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Yeap, which means another 15 pdk comms for Oath Blade.

Oathblade will change automatically.

Things like damage dice will adjust. But if an item is getting slots in U17 (and no Faerun items are, except the Webpons), then your old version will not auto-update with slots; you need to get a new one.

The exception are epic items, which you can run through the stone of change to convert your old slots into the new slots...if you want.

You may not want on certain items. If you have GFL in a yellow slot right now, the new augment system moves GFL to blues, and your yellow slot item would lose the current GFL and not be able to reslot it. You can elect to leave the item alone and use the old augments.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.