Thread: Arti/Wiz

Default Arti/Wiz

Ive been looking around and just thought of this, I have seen 1 thread similar but it said 10/10. Why not do a 16 Arti/ 5 Wizard. The point for the wizard would to add some "MAYBE NUKE SPELLS/Better AoE (Via Fireball/Force Missile)" or something similar if you want something else. The only thing i dont know is what you lose besides capstone. I just figured since Arti dont have alot of Range AoE spells grab the spells, and since your an Arti and grabbing the Enchantments, It would Help out.

Please dont get mad at me i just thought it could help out.

All feebback Welcome.

Thank you

Default Correction!

I mean Chain Missile not Force Missile.

When I TR and run through my wiz/sorc lives, I'm going to do either 2 artie/arcane or 6 artie/arcane.

The only potential problem, and I don't know if I'm correct about this, is that the caster level for Wiz in your example would be pretty low. Wouldn't wiz spells only count as if cast by a level 5 Wiz? If that's the case, they won't add much at high levels.

I think I can sneak by that on my sorc lives b/c the prestige enhancements boost the caster level in one element. Not quite sure what to do with wiz, though

So they wont Stack at all??? Dang that REALLY sucks.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar1996 View Post
    So they wont Stack at all??? Dang that REALLY sucks.
    Why should they stack? they are two different classes most of the time if I multiclass an arcane I go 2 rogue or 2 monk for evasion and take insightful reflexs otherwise pure is better not much up on arties only have two a 16 and a 9 both pure

Beware the Sleepeater

What would the point of 5 wizard be? I'm going to guess the 10 wizard is for the wizard PL, otherwise you get good aoe capability from being a pure artificer. What you lack is CC, but I'm not sure less than 18 wizard would see you with even marginal CC abilities.

If you want a fireball on your artificer get a hand-cannon/khyber's fury/hand of the tombs/animus...and there are aoe rune arms for other elements, too.

Why not do a 16 Arti/ 5 Wizard.
    All feebback Welcome.

Thank you
    well, 16 arti / 5 wizard would mean 21 levels, not 20. so impossible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    What would the point of 5 wizard be?
    the 5th wizard level grants a free feat, and the access to the level 3 spells (namely, chain missiles) to which the OP referred.

Yes sorry 15/5 not 16/5. Sorry for that. Quistion about the Articifer 20 end enchantment thing. It says it turns the Spell from a Scroll/Wand into a SLA, BUT do they still use charges? Cause i thought i heard it dosnt count as charges. And does this also count with Dmage spells (like Fireball etc.)

Thanks

You have a chance that increases with artificer level for wands to not use a charge.

On the capstone...
    only non-scroll items, the scroll boost comes as you level.
    Yes, CL 20 phantasmal killer wands, though many mobs still make the save.
    duration on clickies is nice.
    While the reflex save will be higher with low level fireball wands their damage dice do not increase, if I am remembering correctly. Played with the capstone for a while, found it useful but not world-shattering.

The most common wizzie/artie combo is a 19/1 wizard/artie for the trapmonkey skills. Compared to an 18/2 wizard/rogue you get +1 spell pen, more high level spell slots and more spell points, but lose evasion.

Yes sorry 15/5 not 16/5. Sorry for that. Quistion about the Articifer 20 end enchantment thing. It says it turns the Spell from a Scroll/Wand into a SLA, BUT do they still use charges? Cause i thought i heard it dosnt count as charges. And does this also count with Dmage spells (like Fireball etc.)

Thanks
    If you're planning on endgame with this toon and not simply TRing, then the artie capstone is something to consider - it increases all the timers on your clickies as if you cast them at level. So you all your displacement haste and clickies are now 2 minutes +

With wands, you have an increased chance to save a charge. Not a perfect chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Why should they [casting levels] stack? they are two different classes...
    Slightly off topic, but you seem unaware that this was one of the biggest design flaws in 3e multiclassing (and iirc, was recognised as such by some of the leading designers of the game). Whilst it was easy to multiclass fighter types because BAB is a number that you can add across classes, loss of caster level made multiclassing extremely restrictive for spell-users.

You could just as easily have a rule that stated that only the BAB from your highest class should count as your attack bonus; after all, a fighter's fighting style is going to be very different to a barbarians. Whilst I'm sure you'd think such a rule made no sense, its the exact equivalent of caster levels not stacking.

What 3e should have done is to allow all classes to increment caster level in some way, probably by splitting arcane and divine, and then assigning each class half, 3/4, or full caster level progression in that type. E.g. non-casters would get 1/2 CL towards divine and arcane, arcanes would get full vs. arcane and 3/4 vs. divine, and divines would get full vs. divine and 3/4 vs. arcane.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    Slightly off topic, but you seem unaware that this was one of the biggest design flaws in 3e multiclassing (and iirc, was recognised as such by some of the leading designers of the game). Whilst it was easy to multiclass fighter types because BAB is a number that you can add across classes, loss of caster level made multiclassing extremely restrictive for spell-users.

You could just as easily have a rule that stated that only the BAB from your highest class should count as your attack bonus; after all, a fighter's fighting style is going to be very different to a barbarians. Whilst I'm sure you'd think such a rule made no sense, its the exact equivalent of caster levels not stacking.

What 3e should have done is to allow all classes to increment caster level in some way, probably by splitting arcane and divine, and then assigning each class half, 3/4, or full caster level progression in that type. E.g. non-casters would get 1/2 CL towards divine and arcane, arcanes would get full vs. arcane and 3/4 vs. divine, and divines would get full vs. divine and 3/4 vs. arcane.
    Sorry disagree I think it was a good choice for casters otherwise they would be even more overpowered than they are in 3.x melees needed the stacking otherwise they would be even more underpowered at mid to high level than they are.

Beware the Sleepeater