Community Member enochianscholar's Avatar

Question Is the Blitz build still worth while?

dps wise just wanted to know after maxing all the ED's, and having the best gear will a pure barb out dps the Blitz build?still wondering whether to tr into a pure barb or blitz would be better?

Community Member

Default asdf

Quote Originally Posted by enochianscholar View Post
    dps wise just wanted to know after maxing all the ED's, and having the best gear will a pure barb out dps the Blitz build?still wondering whether to tr into a pure barb or blitz would be better?
    For what it's worth I'm running up one now w/ just one PL barb life and I opted to go with THF Gaxe instead of TWF Khopeshes. At the lower levels he's a monster. I cracked a stunned mob for over 300 at level 10is if I can remember correctly. My guess is that this will tper off as he gets higher and won't be as great in the DPS category. But as of now he's fun to play which is all that really matters.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

i tred into a blitz at the end of last summer not realizing the implications of new endgame content/strategy. while i was leveling i had a semi static group with 2 friends and a hireling and that was really fun because i ran around pwning everything with sos/min2 axe. been at cap for several months now and i am using esos and idk how my dps stacks up exactly against any given barb (potential gear differences and ed/twisting differences) but my i can kill stuff pretty quick. on the other hand my prr is 23 and my saves are meh so basically my survivability is stacks and stacks of silver flame pots which thankfully i have decent healing amp for a horc with no pally pls but i can still die pretty quickly because i usually end up with aggro when there is no hate tank in party. when there is a ccer in the group i can really pwn the **** out of mobs tho (lots of crits + lots of str/dmg bonus + haste boost + bonus crit mults + combat brute/sense weakness + blitz = lots of dead mobs).

there are some thing that i could have/do to improve my survivability that i currently do not, i am working on that. compared to other melee builds i dont think blitz is particularly more or less worth it though i like the blend of rages feats boosts evasion and umd.